“Great weekend getaway”

Ranked #14 of 20 Hotels in West Yarmouth
Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
“Great weekend getaway”
Reviewed 7 November 2010

It has very clean rooms. Enjoyed swimming pools both indoor and outdoor. It's very affordable. Great place to spend time on the weekends.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (145)
Boston
Reviewed 3 November 2010

We had fun dancing in the parking lot the 2 nights we stayed.
We enjoyed the food, the pool, everything!
Good location: close to downtown Hyannis, nearby beaches.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank casineros
South Jersey
Reviewed 3 November 2010

This is the third year my husband and I have gone to the Cape and each year we stay at the Tidewater. The staff are friendly and very helpful and we have never had a problem there. Love it!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
Cambridge, Massachusetts
Reviewed 3 November 2010

Though the Tidewater is an old favorite, this is my first review. I have been to the Tidewater once or twice per year over the past several years, and plan to keep returning!

I notice small improvements every year, but what remains is friendly staff, excellent grounds, great recreation opportunities, and tasty breakfasts! This year I brought my laptop and was thankful for the free WIFI in my room.

I went to the Tidewater twice this year: once with a friend in September for a girls' getaway, and another time with a whole group of friends in June.

The location is great, with water views, a pond across the street, a tasty Italian restaurant steps away, and a FREE(!) beach at the end of the street. Lewis Bay is pretty warm, so I'm able to swim down the street without freezing my butt off. I love to use the huge outdoor area to BBQ and eat at the picnic tables outdoors, and lounge in the recliners outdoors. I've also played soccer in the large field. There is a nice playground that is frequented by kids, but I haven't had the occasion to use it, since I don't have wee ones at this point. The game room is also fun, especially for ping pong.

The pools are fantastic, and I always use the hot tub at least once a day. It's awesome. The rooms are very clean, and my mattress in the back building seemed new and was quite comfortable. My favorite rooms are the second floor waterviews in the back building, since they all have private porches, and awesome views.

If I had to make a suggestion, I'd wish that Helen's Diner was open later for breakfast, so it can be more of an afternoon brunch on a relaxing weekend.

Overall I like the hotel because of its location, nice views, beach down the street, pools, hot tub, bang for the buck, and and tasty breakfasts. I think what really brings me back to this particular hotel are the outdoor areas and the harder to quantify little things like nice flowers, coffee in the lobby, and staff that is willing to field all my questions of things to do and places to eat.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with friends
Coventry, Rhode Island
Reviewed 3 November 2010

I stay at the Tidewater twice a year for a few days. Great value in the off season. Rooms are very clean, and the service is great. Nice hot tub and pool. I am handicapped and they give me a room on the first floor close to the hot tub. Very accomodating. The location is close to Hyannis and some great restaurants, and close to beaches and other attractions. The back building has a great view of a salt marsh, and is very quiet.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
Gulf Breeze, Florida
Reviewed 28 September 2010

This Inn is in violation of so many codes that it's scary!! They have no handicap parking, ramps, rooms or consideration!! I travel with a service animal and they couldn't have been more rude!! The room was hot, the mattresses were like boards and when I went to check out after one very long miserable night I was told that they would credit my charge card for the night that I didn't stay; they even lied about that!! This is the most unethical management(or maybe owner, as she stated) group that I've ever came across. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone!!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Harvard1
tidewatercapecod, Manager at Tidewater Inn, responded to this review, 19 October 2010
This review was written as a result of not getting a refund for early departure. See above response.

Travellers are raving about these West Yarmouth hotels

yonkers, ny
Reviewed 27 September 2010

I can't say enough about how great the staff was but this motel really needs updating. First, you have a musty smell in the rooms, then the bedspreads were something from 1970's. The mattresses were very uncomfortable also. They do have nice pools but the outdoor pool has little stones all around it which makes walking around the pool impossible unless you have shoes on.

If they did some major renovations, I would consider staying again but to pay what I paid it was not worth it.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
#10 of 20 in West Yarmouth
Yarmouth Resort
Yarmouth Resort
#5 of 20 in West Yarmouth

Been to Tidewater Inn? Share your experiences!