“Pleasant stay in West Yarmouth”

and 1 more site!
Colonial Acres Resort
Reviewed 24 August 2014

I stayed here for a few days recently.
I had a one bedroom on the second level in the main building. All rooms have a small deck out the back overlooking the harbor. The room was very clean and well maintained, as were the grounds and the pool. I have been to many Intervale timeshares and this was in line with their rentals as far as standards.

The unit had a small fridge, microwave, sink, coffee maker and dishes for four people. However, no stove, so no real cooking could take place and you are expected to wash your own dishes, as there is no dishwasher. Not that I mind doing that, because I don't, but it made me wonder just how well OTHER people might have washed them, know what I mean? A dishwasher would ensure sanitization.

The beach was a 2 minute walk out the property and though very large, it is covered in small rocks and broken shells. Water shoes would be a must! It is beautiful and plenty of room to spread out, no worries about feeling crowded, but not the best beach for frolicking on the sand as the roughness of the terrain is pretty uncomfortable.

I appreciated that guests who smoke are expected to be 25 feet from the property, though I did phone the front desk one night when it was obvious that the guests below me were smoking on their deck. This was taken care of right away and did not happen again.

They have what looked like adorable cottages and those would be something that I would love to check out in the future.
The staff were friendly and the place was lovely. Very nice for families, I think. Grills out back, pool, beach and plenty to do in the area. More mini golf than you can imagine! LOL

There is a lot to do in West Yarmouth and per usual, I always check out my Tripadvisor for reviews for local restaurants, etc.
There are also quite a few thrift shops which I really enjoyed and quite possibly the oldest Christmas Tree Shop I have ever seen. I just had to go in and check it out...a dinosaur (and unfortunately, already putting out Halloween, Fall and Christmas decor! Ugh!)

I would recommend this resort.

Room Tip: Second story in main building gives you the best view of the beach
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank Triplover31

Reviewed 10 June 2014

My hubby, my mom and I try to get back to the Cape every year (having grown up there). Last year we stayed at this property, but in the studio type room with limited/no cooking facilities. It was still very nice but Let me tell you about the wee lil beach houses!

We stayed the first week of June in cottage #30. At first I was happy there weren't stairs for my elderly mom, then disappointed because it seemed so small. DECEIVING.

The two bedroom, two bath with full kitchen was plenty for us to enjoy each others company and also be able to escape for some privacy.

One bedroom has two twins and a large screen. It's bath is off the kitchen. Single sink, shower, etc. The kitchen was well-appointed despite the fact that we didn't cook anything but coffee. there is a nice table to seat four-six comfortably.

The living room (with a pull-out sofa) was comfy with a rocking chair and another chair perfect for my mom. The tv was nicely located for watchers and those enjoying each other's company.

Mother's room had a nice queen bed. It's bathroom had a jacuzzi tub and a pocket door separating the toilet.

Everything looked as if it had been just re-painted/decorated, etc. Tastefully decorated and VERY clean.

They supply Adirondack chairs, BBQ grills and the property itself has a beautiful beach and plenty for the kids to do.

I'm not sure about some of the negative reviews here, I think they stayed somewhere else??? This place is beautiful, and we travel a lot. I can only hope we are able to get the same cottage next year. Despite not being right on the beach, we still enjoyed fantastic breezes.

Everything's there, including a hair dryer! Just bring your toothbrush and prepare to relax.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank belladoli
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

So to start, I have to say that when I saw this property come up on my timeshare search, I was underwhelmed by the photos and overall look of this property. But, since we needed to be on the Cape anyways - the 2 BR that was here seemed to be a better choice than just going to a small hotel room. What an awesome surprise we had when we walked in to the cutest, cleanest, and very well maintained cottage. The grounds were immaculate - the staff was very accommodating and friendly - and the kids loved the pirate ship playground and the pool !!!

Overall, if you get the chance - stay here !! Very cute, very clean. Perfect location and amenities - we will certainly come back !!

Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank kmcahll00
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We stayed in an adorable cottage. Two bedrooms, two baths. Be prepared and bring everything. The only thing supplied in the kitchen was papertowels. Not even salt and pepper! They do not supply hair dryers either.

We had breakfast on Thursday morning. Cash only. I think it was $3. HUGE plate size pancakes and an egg. It was a quiet time when we were there, which was fine by me. We could walk to the beach.

Very quiet and restful. Perfect!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank LAG28
Reviewed 17 September 2013 via mobile

We just got back from a fantastic vacation at this resort. We were lucky enough to be put on the top floor of a two-story villa (27) and it was perfect. Plenty of room for 4 of us with a large kitchen and two decks. We didn't utilize the pool or attend any resort activities but enjoyed our cottage immensely. Location of resort is great- very short walk to beach in quiet neighborhood. Very highly recommend this place!

• Stayed: September 2013
6  Thank neelia48
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Very nice resort. Clean and well kept. Property manager was very nice and helpful. The location was perfect. Near to everything, but far enough off the path to give some privacy. Short walk to the beach. Swimming and fishing on the property. Only thing I would have liked to have that was not there would be a stove in the kitchen. Other than that, we had everything that we needed.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bryan62
Reviewed 14 June 2013

We chose to do a timeshare exchange to this resort because it has a rare cape cod combination: 3 bedrooms, with a full kitchen, indoor pool, and walking distance to the beach. We were not disappointed! The 3 bedroom cottage we had was very clean and fresh. The indoor pool and hot tub were great, especially since we had a really rainy week. There were free or low priced activities available nearly every day and the activities staff was great! The beach was within easy walking distance. It is a relatively small, quiet water beach, but we picked up some really nice shells. My only comment is that although our 3 bedroom was rated for 8 people, they don't really expect more than 6. There were only 6 chairs at the table, and I didn't see linens for the pull out couch, so I assume you have to ask for them. There also weren't any baking pans that could go in the microwave, but the kitchen was otherwise well stocked. We will absolutely stay here again.

Room Tip: If you want to cook some meals, you definitely want a cottage.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family