“Our Home Away from Home”

Colonial Acres Resort
Norwalk, Connecticut
“Our Home Away from Home”
Reviewed 11 May 2010

Clean with a great location. Front Desk workers could be a little more informed. We arrived early and wouldn't let us wait by the pool until manager came out and said that was ok. Easy to get to all attractions a young family could wish for. Beautiful small private beach down a nice street. Cottages are the best way to go. No WIFI BAD BAD BAD had internet access in rooms and got rid of it

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with friends
2 Thank Momto3boyz

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Norwalk, Connecticut
Reviewed 22 August 2009

My only complaint is that it is a little outdated and that includes the items in the vending machine. I tried twice and both snacks were really old tasting. They also have outdated computers with slow internet and also very very weak WiFi signal. They claim "it wasn't properly installed two years ago". It works but you have to be close to the widow or door ...or just go outside, but even at that rate its not great. All else is great though, nice rooms, working bathtub, which is nice to have as I like to soak after the beach and sand. Has a good fridge and sink etc. Decent place. My only other concern was that the maids didn't lock our door/close it all the way after they cleaned up today. And my laptop was in here!!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kewandnotu
Buffalo NY
Reviewed 13 May 2009

I booked an exchange and requested a resort that would take pets as I have a young and very well behaved pooch. Upon arrival the resort insisted I sign a credit card voucher and a form listing the rules. I did not have my glasses on and no on mentioned that pets were in fact NOT allowed. After 5 DAYS into my stay the front desk called and asked if I had a dog and when I said yes they insisted I kennel the dog or leave immediately. As it was raining and we had seen enough (and had enough of the TICKS, which are rampant on the Cape) we left the next morning. The resort charged $200 to my credit card and did not provide me with a receipt. Neither my bank nor the exchange program could assist in getting the money refunded even though I did not know I was breaking a rule and I did not authorize the charge to my card. I am dissapointed at the lack of customer service and regard shown by the resort. It was nice enough, but not a 5 star resort by any means and the charge of $200 is exorbitant and arbitrary. I do not recommend this place to anyone with pets or children - too many rules and too many BUGS!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
5 Thank MissVBuffaloNY
Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 24 October 2008

We were looking for well-appointed, well-located and clean accommodations, centrally located near Hyannis, and we were not disappointed. We rented a two bedroom unit with kitchen which was very comfortable, spacious and very well appointed and maintained. The staff were always friendly and helpful. This served as a very comfortable base from which to explore the area and we would certainly go back.

• Liked — clean, spacious and well appointed.
  • Disliked — Nothing. It was just what we were looking for.
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
4 Thank Henry100
Winter Haven, Fl
Reviewed 11 October 2007

We recently stayed at Colonial Acres Resort by exchange with our home resort. It was the first time we have ever exchanged and let me tell you, was I nervous! I placed the exchange before I had read the reviews on Trip Advisor, so I didn't know what to expect. We stayed in a 2 bedroom cottage in the back of the resort. We had plenty of room, we even had our daughter, her husband, and 2 kids stay 2 nights with us, and we were fine.
The cottage has a second story, the top of the stairs has a small sitting room that has an walk out balcony and the view overlooks the water with boats scattered on it. Both bathrooms are large, the upstairs with a shower and a Jacuzzi .I was surprised to find out that most Cape Cod timeshares do not have kitchens, but I had requested one and there was one with dishwasher in the unit. The cottage was very nicely decorated, towel and garbage service was provided on a daily basis. The office was very helpful. The beach is in walking distance, however it is not a sandy beach, it is rocky with many broken shells. We would definitely return there, but we would make sure we stayed in one of there 2 bedroom cottages.

• Liked — It was a free standing unit, very pleasantly decorated
  • Disliked — The queen size bed (we prefer king)
  • Stayed October 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6 Thank Mary M
MA.
Reviewed 4 July 2007

We Go every year because we are timeshare owners here and have been for about 10 years. The overall quietness of the location and the access to the beach are great. Granted it can be small, but we don't go there for the "resort" experience. We go for the access to the Cape and to relax. If you want the "resort" experience, this may not be the place. BUT if you want Cape Cod access, friendliness, cleanliness,This is the place to try. We love it!

• Stayed September 2006, travelled with family
4 Thank TropicsMa_
The Poconos, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 3 July 2007

The Highlights of our Stay~
The resort is situated on a nice side street, off the beaten path a bit. The private beach is clean and quiet. Our room was exceptionally clean. The indoor pool and hot tub were well maintained and clean, as well. The staff at the front desk are friendly and helpful.

The Disappointments~
Our room was extremely small. (probably the smallest room we have ever stayed in!) Also, the walls are paper thin and you can hear EVERYTHING in the room next door. (we had a room next door to a family that never gave their child a bedtime; so listening to a child at 2am each night was making our stay far from relaxing)

We did not have much luck with the weather, either. There is not a whole lot to do in the area when it rains; most of the activities require favorable weather. (going to the beach, whale watching, visiting Martha's Vineyard or Nantucket, etc, to name a few)

Stayed June 2007
Blue Water on the Ocean
Blue Water on the Ocean
#5 of 21 in South Yarmouth
DoubleTree by Hilton Cape Cod - Hyannis

Been to Colonial Acres Resort? Share your experiences!