“Good Food But Have Suggestions”

Mandarin Westborough
Ranked #15 of 91 Restaurants in Westborough
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 16 April 2013

I have been to this restaurant. A few times as well as their other location in Milford. The first time I went I ordered off the menu. Food was ok, but extremely expensive for what we got. The next few times we ate the buffet for lunch. Here are my suggestions.

If you have kids or not eat the buffet. I did find the food was better than off the menu. It is too bad that some reviewers did not get a good variety of food. I always have. They have everything from sushi/ rolls to chicken, shrimp and beef dishes. My daughter loves the ice cream for dessert.

Even though the atmosphere is a bit upscale, the restaurant is child/baby friendly. They were very accommodating when my friend brought her 1 year old.

Expect the service to be a bit spotty. Some servers have challenges communicating with their patrons. Sometimes it is difficult to get a drink. You may have to do the arm waving thing a bit to get their attention.

If you have allergies ask before you eat anything. Not everything is labeled at the buffet with certain ingredients. I ate an egg roll and it had shrimp in it. My fault for not asking, but I never had an egg roll with shrimp. Fortunately, the only thing I suffered was a slight allergic outbreak.

I will definitely go back. I just did 2 days ago and the food was good. The servers were also very nice and always smiling.

1  Thank Elizabeth B

Reviewed 8 April 2013

Great atmosphere right off of Rt. 9 (access from Rt. 9 west or from Julio's Mall road.) Equally good for take-out (my specialty) or sit-down. Lots of parking with great atmosphere.

Reviewed 14 March 2013

I ate there three times. The first time I ordered from the menu, the food was excellent, I mean beyond excellent. Second time I got the buffet and it was such a horrible experience. Mostly rice and noodles, no seafood, rubbery chicken and chewy beef. So I thought ok the buffet is just a bad idea. I decided to give the place another change and went there and ordered from the menu again. Not only the food quality went down, but the service was awful as well.
I don't believe I would be visiting this restaurant again.

Reviewed 28 February 2013

If you are in the mood to pig out on Chinese, this buffet will give you that! It's good food, and a nice restaurant.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

Amazing place for delicious Chinese food. There was a lot of variety offered in the Buffet. The place has a nice ambiance as well.