“Cheng-Du never disappoints...”

Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: None
Description: For over 36 years Cheng Du Restaurant has been a staple in the Westborough community offering our customers the highest quality homemade Asian cuisine using the freshest ingredients. Today Cheng Du is offering something unlike any other Chinese restaurant, three restaurants under one roof: 157 Bin, our new cosmopolitan wine bar and lounge; Akamon, a Kushiyaki Grill with Japanese cuisine; and Cheng Du for a traditional Chinese dining experience. From our refined and sophisticated atmosphere, to our innovative and diverse cuisine, there's something for everyone at Cheng Du.
Boylston, Massachusetts
“Cheng-Du never disappoints...”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I've eaten at this restaurant several times mostly for lunch. As always, plenty of food, excellent quality, good prices and great service, Nice clean restaurant wit great ambiance and décor. The food is far superior than what you would typically get from a Chinese buffet--it is fresh and hot. For lunch at a price of $9.25 you get soup, salad, an appetizer that you select and a choice of 2 enters. I will say that this restaurant ranks #1 on my list of Chinese restaurants, and I've eaten at plenty of Chinese restaurants.

• Visited June 2014

Portsmouth, NH
“A nice find”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Ours was an unplanned visit. We were visiting relatives and going to one restaurant and changed our minds at the last minute. They suggested "Chinese" and I thought, "Oh well, mustn't complain" as I was expecting the old fashion variety of Chinese restaurant. However, it's Asian - the new style popping up everywhere that combines several cuisines in one restaurant AND has lovely decor. I was impressed as it was like one you'd find in a bigger city. Good quality and not too hot. I like restaurants that can really control the spice factor. My husband likes it real hot and I do not. But I enjoy it when they can give me a little kick that I can tolerate. And not many places can get that skill down. So if I am in the area I will be back.

• Visited May 2014
Holden, Massachusetts
“Awesome food and service”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

My boyfriend and I came in to have lunch/dinner around 4 on a Saturday. We decided to sit at the bar as there was a game on. The bartender was very friendly and greeted us right away. We ordered a scorpion bowl for 2 - yummy. We decided on a few skewers and sushi (trying to eat lighter). We had one each of the scallop & shrimp skewers. They were awesome. In fact, the scallops were so delicious that we ordered a second. We had 2 sushi rolls - just your average (but NOT so average! Delish!) Philly roll & Akamon Maki. They were both superb. We ordered another Philly roll. This was one of the best experiences that we have had eating a bar, and we have had day dreams about the sushi. We will definitely be back.

• Visited May 2014
Boylston, Massachusetts
“Delicious food & great restaurant atmosphere”
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I have frequented this restaurant several times and I have never been disappointed. The food is excellent, the service is top-notch and the ambiance is great. Cheng-Du's lunches at less than $10.00 are a real bargain and you get to choose an appetizer, 2 entrees and with soup & salad included. The wait staff is very pleasant and efficient. But the best compliment I can give to the restaurant is the high quality of the excellent food served. Their telephone number is 508-366-7481 and their website is www.chengdurestaurant.com.

• Visited January 2014
2 Thank Les F
Boston, Massachusetts
“New lunch special was very nice, excellent value.”
Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

I used to hate this restaurant. The buffet, as a fan of real Chinese, was horrified. We came back after renovations to find a made to order lunch special that is out of this world! Many dishes all included for a good price. Elegant setting and beautiful plating for almost the price of drive through. We've been twice, and we'll be back. Good job!

• Visited December 2013