“Homemade pies and other tasty desserts” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 89 Restaurants in Westborough
Price range: US$8 - US$19
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Diner, Bar
Good for: Cheap Eats, Local cuisine, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Cash Only, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Welcome to Harry's Restaurant, family owned and operated for two generations. A roadside diner serving some of the best fried clams in Metrowest. Harry's, known as a route 9 hangout, has been around since 1946. The decor is vinyl galore, but you can expect some of the freshest home cooking anywhere around. Stop by and enjoy our menu full of classic American home style dishes. Sure, we get a bit fancy here and there, but only to make the food taste extra special. After all, down home doesn't mean down scale. Harry's " one of the few places serving dinner past midnight " bills itself as "the place for fried clams," and the claim's legit. The clams (both with bellies and the sacrilegious strips) are tender.
Natick, Massachusetts
“Homemade pies and other tasty desserts”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

We came here for dessert one time; I always drive by this place but never thought to stop here. Was dining next door at a Japanese place and after wanting dessert, was told this place would have great ice cream. I ordered the strawberry shortcake dessert - huge homemade biscuit with a ton of ice cream. It was delicious. I noticed they had some great looking pies. One thing is they don't take credit cards so we had to use the on site atm to take out money. Not ideal but I would come back anyway.

• Visited January 2014

Northborough, Massachusetts
“lovely wait staff, but awful clams!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

I hate to say this because everyone was so nice, but my daughter and I went in for their famous clams, we like clam strips, so we bought a lot to take home. We were starving and couldn't wait to eat. Terrible, the clams were positively tasteless, only lightly fried, so somewhat mushy!
To top it off the tartar sauce smelled and tasted spolied. Needless to say I threw away 42.00 dollars worth of food. Very pricey, however I have seen those prices for clams elsewhere.
One good thing was the whoopie pie. I may try their breakfast, but not for along time. Bad taste in my mouth and all.

• Visited May 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Springfield, Virginia
“Great Little New England Diner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

We did takeout twice. The seafood was fabulous and very reasonably priced. My family will absolutely will go back.

Visited May 2014
Massachusetts
“Small diner with a huge menu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

We went to Harry's Restaurant for Mother's Day, we were a party of 5. The wait wasn't long and the service was wonderful... our waitress was very friendly. I was surprised how many things were on the menu for such a small place. We ordered a variety of items, from seafood, to burgers to sandwiches. My sister, who was visiting from Florida, had Harry's combo plate and said it was the best seafood she has had in years. The onion rings were delicious. I had a greek burger and it was one of the best burgers I have had in a long time, so juicy! It is a cash only business but there is an atm inside the restaurant. It's nothing fancy, but the food is great and so was the service. What more could you want?

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Westborough, Massachusetts, United States
“Nothing to write home about”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

Its a little diner and gets very busy. Food is good but can be on the pricier side. Kid friendly. Cash only. They do have an ATM u can use. The service was okay, could've been better.

• Visited April 2014