“Excellent Seafood”

Price range: US$8 - US$19
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours
Description: Welcome to Harry's Restaurant, family owned and operated for two generations. A roadside diner serving some of the best fried clams in Metrowest. Harry's, known as a route 9 hangout, has been around since 1946. The decor is vinyl galore, but you can expect some of the freshest home cooking anywhere around. Stop by and enjoy our menu full of classic American home style dishes. Sure, we get a bit fancy here and there, but only to make the food taste extra special. After all, down home doesn't mean down scale. Harry's " one of the few places serving dinner past midnight " bills itself as "the place for fried clams," and the claim's legit. The clams (both with bellies and the sacrilegious strips) are tender.
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I was pleasantly surprised at how good the seafood is here. I ordered scallops, clam strips, and whole clams, and everything was really really good. For a place not near the ocean, the food is pretty damn good. I recommended this place to my uncle, and he said it's the best seafood he's ever had. I highly recommend Harry's. I give this place four stars as opposed to five because it's a bit pricey, they take cash only (and the waitress openly admitted they use Ken's Steakhouse Cocktail sauce).

2  Thank Kyle B

Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Stopped here for an ice cream after an outing. 1st visit ever, was hoping for a take-out window, sit down only. The waitstaff was very friendly and let us choose our seats. The restaurant wasn't particularly busy, was about 3pm. The dishes of ice cream were good sized, a bit on the pricey side though at 4.50/each. In hindsight, wish I had ordered one big sundae for myself & 2 children to share however no one's fault except mine! The kids enjoyed all the menu artwork featured all around, especially the clam with the big feet! The server was nice, didn't offer any water or drinks though. Having been a waitress in the past personally, I have a high standard of customer service and a glass of ice water is a nice gesture even if people order ice cream only. I did take a menu and would like to return on a Monday or Tuesday, when Harry's offers a lobster roll for $13.95. We did also use the ladies' room there, which was sub-par in cleanliness. It was an ok visit, the kids were happy for ice cream for sure!

1  Thank cadragonfly1105
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We were looking for a quick breakfast but did not want fast food. We were pleasantly surprised how attentive the staff was. Our order was taken and was back to us in just minutes. We would definitely go back again.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

We came here for dessert one time; I always drive by this place but never thought to stop here. Was dining next door at a Japanese place and after wanting dessert, was told this place would have great ice cream. I ordered the strawberry shortcake dessert - huge homemade biscuit with a ton of ice cream. It was delicious. I noticed they had some great looking pies. One thing is they don't take credit cards so we had to use the on site atm to take out money. Not ideal but I would come back anyway.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

I hate to say this because everyone was so nice, but my daughter and I went in for their famous clams, we like clam strips, so we bought a lot to take home. We were starving and couldn't wait to eat. Terrible, the clams were positively tasteless, only lightly fried, so somewhat mushy!
To top it off the tartar sauce smelled and tasted spolied. Needless to say I threw away 42.00 dollars worth of food. Very pricey, however I have seen those prices for clams elsewhere.
One good thing was the whoopie pie. I may try their breakfast, but not for along time. Bad taste in my mouth and all.