“A highlight of our vacation”

Sleigh Maker Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Westborough B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 July 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Sleigh Maker B&B in early July, 2014, for 2 nights. This was our first time at the B&B, but I had been thinking of staying there for a couple of years. We were not disappointed. The location is centric - we could walk to many local attractions and restaurants. The house itself is beautiful, as is the yard. The owners, Deborah and Jim, were very pleasant, attentive and helpful. Our room on the second floor (the "Writer's Room") was beautiful, spotlessly clean and comfortable. The first morning, we had breakfast in the dining room and it was delightful. The second morning, with more guests, we had a perfectly wonderful breakfast in the patio under an umbrella for shade. It was great to share with new friends in such as friendly atmosphere.
In summary, I would recommend this B&B to anyone who seeks great accommodations in Westborough in a welcoming, home-like atmosphere. We would certainly return on a future trip to the area.

Room Tip: We were in the "Writer's Room" on the second floor.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 July 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Sleigh Maker Inn for our honeymoon night and could not have chosen a more comfortable, charming place to stay! Because the room we booked had to be changed, Deborah and Jim sent us up a complementary bottle of champagne and could not have been more accommodating. It was lovely, quiet, relaxing and I cannot say enough good things about it! The room itself and adjoining bathroom were spacious and impeccably clean. Not to mention I ordered a set of "Comphy Sheets" and the amazing "Downlite" pillow that was on our bed the second I got home! I can't wait to stay again. Thank you Deborah for making it such a special day for us!

Room Tip: The Writer's Room was even more beautiful and comfortable than I imagined. The photos cannot do...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 June 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Sleigh Maker Inn last night. The proprietors were extremely nice, the place was delightful, the location worked out great, and the breakfast was over the top good. Not a negative comment to make about this place!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Debra & Jim were the consummate hosts. Wonderful old home. My wife & I stayed two nights in the "The Writers Room". We rode a train special trip from Worcester to Groton Nautilus submarine museum on the Providence & Worcester Railroad in the classic old observation car that originally was built by Pullman Standard for The Northern Pacific Railroad. SUPERB Accommodations to compliment a great train trip. The train trip was sponsored by The Massachusetts Bay Railroad Enthusiasts.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Staying here was a treat; a lovely, well-tended inn, beautiful gardens, and a lovely, gracious owner. She was extremely helpful
with directions and information about restaurants. Our breakfast was also lovely, and tailor-made to our tastes. Dexter, the cat, was also welcoming. A real find; highly recommended!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I visited Westborough for several days of business meetings and found the Sleigh Maker Inn while researching area lodging. I'd never stayed at a Bed & Breakfast before and my first thought was "Will my new client think I'm treating myself too lavishly staying at a B&B on their dime?" Since the nightly rate was less than the chain hotel the client recommended (which didn't include breakfast or in-room internet), I felt comfort and value to be a much better image for a consultant to make than conformity and cost.

The Inn itself is a three-story Victorian Colonial with three guest rooms on the second floor (each with private bath), a parlor and dining room for guests on the first floor, and a comfortable wrap around porch with tables and chairs. It’s not sized to accommodate large groups or several team members traveling together, but there is ample room for someone to sit and relax or do some light work in the evening.

By chance I stayed in the largest of the three guest rooms, which was quite comfortable with a king bed and large dresser. The room had a small window table as well as a writing desk from which to work. The bath was exceptionally spacious with a Jacuzzi tub and separate shower.

From reservation through checkout, everything about my stay at the Sleigh Maker Inn was far better than any other business trip I've taken. Instead of a check-in time, I was asked when I'd be arriving and told my room would be ready. When I needed to find things nearby, I was asking people who lived there and not reading a list of addresses on a sheet of paper.

Every morning I was greeted with a hot cup of coffee and gourmet - yes gourmet - breakfast that was cooked fresh as I enjoyed a fruit and yogurt appetizer. When it came time to leave, checkout was a casual conversation over the dining room table instead of a transaction over a counter.

I highly recommend the Sleigh Maker Inn. Deborah and Jim are wonderful inn keepers and gracious hosts, and I look forward to staying with them again.

To the proprietors ~ thank you for the wonderful stay and enjoy the Glenmorangie!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 April 2014

The Sleigh Maker Inn was just what I needed after traveling for hours in the pouring rain. Deborah's warm welcome and a cup of hot tea helped me to relax and the Jacuzzi and extremely comfortable bed provided me with a wonderful night's sleep, even as the wind howled outside. Breakfast the next morning was a real treat - nothing ordinary about it. Deborah obviously loves to cook. I would definitely recommend the Sleigh Maker Inn.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westborough
Westborough Inn
Westborough Inn
#3 of 9 in Westborough
Hampton Inn Boston - Westborough
Doubletree Hotel Boston/Westborough
Extended Stay America - Boston - Westborough - East Main Street
Courtyard by Marriott Boston Westborough
Red Roof Inn Boston - Southborough/Worcester

Been to Sleigh Maker Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!