All reviews hard boiled eggs bagels stay there again continental breakfast full kitchen new england bed was comfortable pleasant stay the room was nice housekeeper hosts boston mattress
Reviewed 12 October 2017

We were attending a wedding in Westborough and needed a place to stay. The wedding hosts suggested the Westborough Inn. We're so glad we followed their advice. The Inn was located very near the site. This really helped. The Inn itself met all of our needs. The staff was very helpful and gave us directions to nearby restaurants. Parking is free. Breakfast is a lot more that a simple continental offering. There are numerous selections. Coffee was fresh and hot. If we need to go to this area again in the future, we'll stay here.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

Clean & convient on our way to Bar Harbor
Located right in the middle of town so easy to get to restaurants & local sights
Offers a continental breakfast, so you can get an early start the owner was friendly but not too sure of local interests, a new owner of the Inn

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 20 September 2017

Great little inn located in a great little town square you can walk to formal breakfast. Dinner or ice cream across the street. Inn keepers were great. Loved it there had to stay for a week for a conference. I felt very safe there and was thankful I didn't stay in Marlboro where the conference was. Will return in the future!

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 25 August 2017

WHile the hotel itself is very old and historical, it needs a lot of updating to make it a pleasant stay for visitors. The owners are nice, but the management of the hotel is very disjointed. The continental breakfast is good, but the set up is very disorganized. There is also a sign that you must eat all food in the kitchen area and when I was carrying a muffin to the car to eat on the go, I was stopped by a staff member who told me that I could not carry the food to the hotel room. I had to let her know that I was leaving with the muffin. Not a pleasant experience.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2017

This inn outside Boston is a gem. After meeting the fantastic innkeepers, we found out tastefully decorated and spotlessly clean room with plenty of natural light and everything I ever wanted out of a hotel. The room is not so large that it loses its comfortable coziness. Nor is it so small that you feel the least bit cramped. The furnishing are authentic wood and the bath towels are soft and as cozy as the room. The hot water is truly hot and the shower water flow is good. The mattress are comfortable and quiet for a good night's sleep.

The breakfast is continental, nothing warm, and is available in the basement of the inn. No food is to be taken to your room. So if you prefer to eat in your room, beware. The basement is also cozy for those who want to watch television in a social group on a large screen. Also available are a pool table, books, videos and a small exercise room with equipment, all free of charge. The basement decor is 70s-90s blonde wood paneling with paper Red Sox posters in the hallway, but the breakfast pastries and breads are fresh along with the fruit and other items.

I am a tough reviewer, but found it difficult to find things not to like about this inn. It wasn't overly cloistered as some b&bs can be. It wasn't impersonal like many hotels are. It is the right size and cozy for a nice new England stay. The rate s are very affordable.

Our room had an private bathroom. There are rooms with a shared restroom available.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple