“Very nice”

Residence Inn Boston Westborough
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Westborough
Reviewed 10 December 2013

I stayed at the Residence Inn for a week on a business trip to the Boston area and really enjoyed it. The two room suite with a large bathroom was delightful. The full kitchen was an unexpected bonus. I had expected the standard mini-fridge/microwave combo but instead got a nice sized refrigerator/freezer, microwave oven, countertop stove, dishwasher, and tons of cabinet and drawer space. The bed was quite comfortable and I slept well. The staff was polite and they did a good job of keeping the walkways and parking lot in good shape after an ice/snow storm. Internet service was free and worked perfectly. My only complaint is that the parking lot is a bit small and needs to be expanded, particularly on the north side of the building which has very little parking.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank NBinRichmond

Reviewed 11 June 2013

I have stayed at this Residence Inn numerous times and it is consistently excellent. The staff is attentive and courteous from check-in to check-out. The rooms are clean and up to date and the beds are comfortable. The daily housekeeping is great and is not an "extra charge". I have stayed at other properties in the area and the housekeeping is weekly (and weakly!!). The kitchen is well equipped right down to the wine glasses and cork screw. The breakfast is varied daily and is superb and the light dinners Monday - Wednesday are a treat. Overall a great place to stay!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank ROBERT C S
Reviewed 11 June 2013

I have stayed here twice for more than 2 weeks each time. I don't think I'd chose any other place for such long stays. It does not feel like a hotel as one does not have to walk through the corridors to exit the building. I love it that the door of rooms opens to the outside and so close to the car park. The best part is a the kitchen in the room that has everything you would need for cooking, heating and eating. There is a dishwasher, a huge microwave and a full size refrigerator for storing lots of food,drinks and ice-creams. Not that we ever cook while we stay there but I love to have that option. We do make chai every morning and that makes it every penny worth it. The room is great too, with lot of seating and storage space (I value that a lot since I cannot travel light...The room takes in all I carry). The slider door between the living area and bedroom works great for privacy. there is a little balcony too, but they have not provided chairs there.

The next best part is their awesome complimentary breakfast spread. It is just the best....with variety on any given day as well as regular change of menu items during the week. They also have free dinner 4 days a week...which works for many people as they don't have to worry about going out for dinner. The food was much much nice this year. We could not resist eating here before going out for our dinners on weekdays. This hotel is conveniently located with lot of eat-in restaurants nearby and plenty of delivery options too.

The housekeeping staff is really nice - friendly and professional. The reception staff is prompt and does their jobs well except that I observed that some people in the reception are neither friendly (or are selectively friendly) and nor do they seem to do their jobs very well. One of their front desk staffs (who was there last year when I stayed) forgets to share important information with guests a lot of times and then keeps apologising for not remembering or not 'thinking'. I feel she is lost most of the times and does not even pass a smile except selectively. Whatever her problem is, I feel that is not nice since she does pass smiles to 'some people'. Most of the others have been really professional. They have always informed me of my parcels on time.

I love this place coz it does not feel like staying in a Hotel. More like home.

Room Tip: I have stayed on the second level in rooms that facing the inside (pool area) as well as outside (th...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank monalisa22
Reviewed 29 April 2013

My husband stays here often with work, and I decided to join him on a business trip. This hotel is in need of a bit of a remodel, but it has some charm still and is clean. I was there a few weeks and did encounter some issues. Management (Ted) took care of them, and was very helpful to us. Dora at the desk was probably one of the nicest desk staff I have ever encountered as well. The breakfast (daily) and evening meals (M-Wed.) are excellent. Some little things need to be addressed such as slider door locks and bars that are broken and missing doors on closets. We brought our two beagles and that worked out well. There is a $100 nonrefundable pet deposit. I would recommend a second or third floor room as not to pick up noise from air compressors or air conditioners that are right at your windows on the first floor. Also, don't walk your dogs in the back wooded area as there are ticks (which I am told is normal for this area). Stick to the hotel property for the dogs and you won't encounter them.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Nance12
Reviewed 27 March 2013

I am a Marriott Platinum Elite and requested a room upgrade . . . upgraded rooms were available when I checked in late at 10 p.m., but this Residence Inn believes an upgrade is a "high floor" room ---- I have stayed in numerous Residence Inns recently and have received an upgraded suite each time . . . this hotel would rather leave a room empty than reward a frequent Marriott customer . . . Platinum Elites get upgrades everywhere but this place . . . stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank H5familytravels
Reviewed 24 February 2013

Poorly managed...customers/guests don't matter...we have stayed in Marriot properties for over 17 years, never had a complaint...always wonderful service....this property is an anomaly...poor food, inappropriate behaviour of management...no integrity

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank Judyrachel
Reviewed 2 February 2013

I stayed here on business for 2 nights. Nothing was very special about it, in fact it could use a little renovation to update it. My room was clean and everything was in working order. I had coworkers in my room for a 2 hour meeting and it was comfortable. Breakfast was very good - scrambled eggs, sausage, potatoes with peppers and onions, pancakes, and fresh fruit. The staff were very nice. I gave this property an "average' rating, because it's a typical Residence Inn with several years of wear. Not sure I will ever have a need to stay here again, but if I am in the area I might look elsewhere to stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank ArmyNurse2
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westborough
Hampton Inn Boston - Westborough
Doubletree Hotel Boston/Westborough
Extended Stay America - Boston - Westborough - East Main Street
Courtyard by Marriott Boston Westborough
Extended Stay America - Boston - Westborough - Computer Dr.
Red Roof Inn Boston - Southborough/Worcester

Been to Residence Inn Boston Westborough? Share your experiences!