“Great property/ great people”

Residence Inn Boston Westborough
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Westborough
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Got in late last night, they were pretty full. I'm a single female business traveler who doesn't like to stay on the first floor in hotels. Hanna was working the front desk, worked some magic and got me off the first floor in to a nice room. I love the decor of this property. The location is great (not too far off 495) and next to a great brew pub ( I recommend the Irish Red, but I digress)

Rooms look good, clean and quiet. Not much more a girl could ask for except for Hanna! The cherry on top, who made my first experience here a great one. I will be back to this location, without a doubt.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Ted P, Manager at Residence Inn Boston Westborough, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Hi! Thank you so much for the accolades. Hanna will be so happy that you remembered her and the work she did to make your stay great.

Thanks you

There are newer reviews for Residence Inn Boston Westborough

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Had a great opportunity to stay a for an extended period time at this hotel with my family of four. We were very pleased with our overall experience. We stayed in the 2 bedroom suite. The room was clean and daily service was excellent. Pretty quite and never had a problem with excessive noise coming from halls or other rooms.

A great perk they had was a complimentary membership to the Shrewsberry Health Athletic and Raquet Club (SHARC). The club itself had the full range of activities - cardio, free weights, indoor and outdoor pool, tennis and raquetball courts...Only about 8 minute drive. right next to Wegmanns - so you can pick up some great wholesome food on your way back from the gym!

The staff was excellent as everyone paid special attention to take care of all our needs and offer advise on what we should do on the weekends.

We will definetly be looking to coming back here for our long term stay options!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Ted P, Manager at Residence Inn Boston Westborough, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us.

I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay. We just joined SHARC this summer and you are the first person to give us feedback on the facility. I visited it the other day to get familiar with the layout. They have a lot to offer.

I will be sure to pass along your comments to our team; I know they will be so pleased.

Have a great summer.

Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

We visit Westboro quite frequently as we used to live there and I grew up in town. When we do, we like to stay here. Staff is always polite, very accommodating and professional and rooms always clean and comfortable, although I still haven't figured out the thermostat! We have never felt uncomfortable there either. Breakfasts are great and it's location is great too. We will continue to stay there when visiting our friends.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Ted P, Manager at Residence Inn Boston Westborough, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Hi,

Thank you so very much for the wonderful compliments about our hotel and staff. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. I know that everyone will be so pleased to here that they were appreciated. Let us know when you return and we'll assit you with the thermostat.

Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

I had stayed in this hotel twice and had a great experience. This is a part of the Marriotte chain of hotels and lives up to every bit of expectations.
The staffs are so friendly and helpful that you forget you are actually staying away from home. Whatever help you require you just have to tell them!
The hotel is clean. The room service is excellent. The hotel provides a shuttle service to the nearest offices which is very convenient. Also the supper in the weekdays try to cater to every taste buds. So is the breakfast menu.
I am so satisfied by their service that my loyalty is permanently sold to Marriotte chain of hotels.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Ted P, Manager at Residence Inn Boston Westborough, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Thank you for great compliments about the hotel and staff. While we do not offer a shuttle service per say we can offer to make arrangements for transportation such as shuttles, taxis and rental cars.

We are so glad that you had the opportunity to attend our evening social events "The Mix" during your stay and that you enjoyed the variety of small bites offered.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Marriott Silver & Gold Members.

Booked the standard room, and was not upgraded on either accounts. Not a great start. Not sure if there are just no double bed rooms here or what, but one of us was stuck on the sofa bed, and that never leads to great sleep.

Was given a Elite member welcome bag upon check-in, a nice touch, but not really necessary.

Curtis Miller was an excellent front desk agent. Very pleasant and welcoming. Helped us find rooms near each other, even given the limitations on upgrade, and answered all of our questions.

The overall lay-out of the hotel is nice. Nice pool/tennis/basketball court area in the middle. Great housekeeping services keep it very clean.

The parking area, especially at night, can be of concern - although I do not know of actual incidents there. There was some random person loitering around very late at night just staring at guests as they walked in from their cars. Not sure what that was all about.

We also noticed rooms where the lights were turned off, but the door was propped open by the security bolt. This isn't something I normally see at hotels I stay at - so we actually vacated 1 of the 3 rooms we booked (did not ask for any refund), as it did not feel safe to stay in that adjacent room.

Breakfast was great. Had a great selection, and one of the better breakfasts considering the category of hotel. This is a major selling point.

So in all, if you are someone who will be in your room by 8-9 pm and will call it a night, then I think this is a great place to stay and you can't really go wrong. However, if you are planning to go out, and come back late at night, I am not sure I could give it a 5* given my experience. While ultimately nothing happened, and the next morning was fine, its never a positive when you find yourself questioning your surrounding environment.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Ted P, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Boston Westborough, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with some feedback on your stay. I know our team will be happy to hear that you appreciated them and found them to be nice and welcoming.

I apologize that we were unable to offer you an upgrade during your stay with us. We have limited (24) two bedroom suites out of 109 rooms. I hope that the new sofa beds were comfortable for you.

I am sorry that you found our property security a concern. We do have security 24/7 to ensure our guests safety and lighted parking lot.

Please feel free to contact me at your convenience as would like to know more about your stay.

Thank you.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Overall, we were basically pleased with our stay here.

The pros: the renovations have resulted in a very cheerful, new feel to the rooms. The room was immaculate. The desk person at check-in went out of her way to accommodate our request by phone a day before arrival for a quiet room on the top floor.

The cons: our one-bedroom suite was smaller than similar rooms at other Residence Inns, to the point where, for example, it was hard for my wife to get by me to exit the room if I was seated at the desk, which backs up to the door to the outside. There are only a few HD channels on the TVs. The shower flow was weak, always a pet peeve for me. Finally, the campus-style layout here, which we have also found at some other cold-weather Marriott Residence Inn locations like Rochester, NY (what were they thinking when they designed these?), is not very appealing in the winter when it's necessary to go out into the snow and cold to get to breakfast, etc.

I REALLY wish Marriott would make king-size beds available in Residence Inns. That is a factor which often drives us to non-Marriott venues when good alternatives are available. Marriott, are you listening?

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Ted P, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn Boston Westborough, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Hi,

I appreciate your patronage of our hotel and I am happy to hear that you like our new renovation package. The housekeepers and front desk will be pleased to hear your compliments on their work.

I am sorry to that you found our one bedroom suites smaller than other Residence Inns of more recent years. I hope that this will not discourage you from coming back. The summers are really where our architectural style really shines. Please feel free to contact myself directly if you wish to offer additional feedback.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Just needed a quick stay outside of Boston, and this did the trick. The "suite" was small but nicely furnished. We would have preferred two double or queen sized beds, but given the size of the rooms I can see why it wouldn't fit. Also, the bed is listed as a king, but there is no way this was a king sized bed.

The included breakfast was good. Parking seems kind of limited, but we were able to find a spot. I used points for the stay, and the required points was definitely a bargain.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Afaf G, General Manager at Residence Inn Boston Westborough, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I’m glad you were pleased with the value and furnishings. I’m so sorry that this hotel doesn’t have king size beds and we apologize that your expectation could not be met here. I’m also glad to hear you enjoyed breakfast. I’d like to offer you the opportunity to personally get in touch with me with any additional information that could be of value. Please let me know when booking your next reservation and I would be happy to upgrade you to a room with a balcony or fireplace if available. My email is afaf.gerges@marriott.com and the hotel’s direct line is 508-366-7700. Thank you.
Afaf