All reviews nice quiet location long stay an extended stay living area laundry room free breakfast waffle machine fully equipped kitchen first floor sliding door separate bedroom top floor alarm clock watch tv snow storm large tv queen bed
Reviewed 3 September 2018

Rented a 2 room suite for 4 nights. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. Rooms are a step above some other extended stay hotels I've been in. Quiet, comfortable rooms (air conditioner kicks on and off quietly), with room to spread out. Standard breakfast buffet. Good location.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed here as it was close to an early meeting the next morning. It’s old school, which is fine. I was not expecting anything special at all. That said, I have kind of gotten used to the TV working well. Instead I got “snow” in June. Very fuzzy picture on every channel. Not at all enjoyable to watch anything, and sports? Forget it. It looked like a baseball game being played without a ball. Why? Because the ball disappeared into a mass of hazy white dots. Changed rooms, same thing. Front desk said it’s a a known problem, and that “they are waiting for an upgrade”. Whatever that means.

Stay here only if you have a good book. But I’d book some other place.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Ted P, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Westborough, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2018

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize that you experienced this snow on the tv when you last stayed with us. We are in the process of bringing on a new system which will resolve some of the cabling issues and have a smart platform. I am happy to talk with you directly if you would like to contact me at the hotel.

Ted, AGM

Reviewed 4 June 2018 via mobile

There are many pros & cons I found during my stay. Very healthy food options for breakfast (fresh fruit, yogurt, etc), as well as the usual waffle machine, etc, for those who want that. The people who set up, and maintain the breakfast, were excellent: they kept up with how busy it was, were polite & friendly, answered the few questions I had, and kept it clean.
Plenty of parking available. Don’t bring your luggage in, when you check in; I wish we hadn’t. There are 4, 2-story, buildings; you park at your building, then bring in your luggage (if on the first floor, you can bring it in through the sliding door- which also has a bar for safety).
Everything you need is in the room: fridge, stove, plates, etc. Great place if you are staying a few nights & don’t want to eat out every night.
Person who would clean our room, when we would leave, knocked on our door about 9 am, to see if we were gone/ready to go- the checkout time should be changed everywhere, if it is 9 am.
Walls are pretty much paper thin, as others said. You won’t just hear people, you will be able to hear what they are saying. Fortunately, was quiet early & not too many people passing our room (you can hear them through all walls). I think having 4 buildings helps, as people are going to different areas.
The parking lot lights are on all night & will shine in your room. We had a large window & a sliding door; one was done well & had a single darkening shade to go across + curtain. The other had 2 darkening shades, which of course meet in the middle, never closing right enough to keep our light.
You feel the bars on the sofa sleeper & feel the body indents on the bed; the middle of the bed was comfortable. You can control the temperature in the room, which is a plus, though it is very dry in the room.
When we checked in, I was asked to confirm I prechecked in: I stated I did. I do NOT believe there was any prejudice or maliciousness in the next question I was asked, but still cannot believe I was asked if I realized I picked a disability room. I have had 8 surgeries on my knees, so far, to keep mobile & do my best to hide the braces on my legs. I use the bars in the bathroom to assist me; I do not always choose that type of room, but do when I am having a very difficult time. Perhaps it was because I was carrying 2 bags, but my spouse was in a very obvious shoulder brace due to surgery. I work full time and do everything possible to prevent people from noticing my disability. Thank you, for asking me to verify I have one.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank CaesarBrutus
Ted P, Guest Relations Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Westborough, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay. I am very happy you enjoyed your room, staff and breakfast. I apologize if there was any misgivings while checking in with your room type request and that if you felt rushed to leave. I will work with the Guest Services team on more appropriate wording to confirm room type requests. Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel if you would like to share any additional feedback on your stay.

Ted

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

Staff were all excellent. I stayed here twice during the same week. My first room had several issues, tv volume in bedroom didn’t work correctly, lamps/plugs not working. Second stay was better. This hotel utilizes soap/conditioner/body wash dispensers in the shower which also meant there wasn’t any bar soap anywhere to wash hands. I’m not a big fan of the dispensers in general. Aside from that, the hotel is currently going through some renovations which means one of the elevators is out of service, as is the gym. Overall, the hotel grounds, stairs, and pool area all feel a little dated and rough around the edges. I’d rate this hotel a 6/7 overall.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled on business
Ted P, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Westborough, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2018

Hi,
Thank you for staying with us and for your feed back. I apologize that your stay(s) were not problem free. I will share your experience with my team. we are excited about our renovated gym and newer elevators. We appreciate your staying with us as we work to make improvements t better your experience. Please feel free to reach out to me at the hotel if you like to share further feed back.

Reviewed 18 April 2018

I have stayed at this hotel for stays ranging from 3 months to 3 weeks and all of them have been amazing due to the room setup. The rooms are planned such that they have a living room, kitchen, and a separate bedroom. Some of the rooms on the ground floor also have a fireplace which is fun around the time of winter.
Pros:
Great staff
Breakfast
Great rooms with everyday housekeeping(cleaning) service unlike other hotels made for extended stay
Sometimes they also have free beers in the evening for hotel guests.
Has fully equipped kitchen with utensils

Cons:
Sometimes you may get a room adjacent to their heating mechanism which makes a loud noise in winter. This could very well be one-off cases.
I think the quality of the breakfast can be a tad better.
Location is little far off from everything else, not that you have much in Westborough MA to do.
This is actually the biggest con, the living room TV's remote also turns on the bedroom TV. And this can even happen when you change the channel in the living room. For you to be able to watch TV only in the living room you have to unplug the bedroom tv and vice versa.

In a nutshell, this is the best place you can stay at for extended stay, of course, if you can afford it.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business