See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 July 2012

We needed to stay in the area of Westfield State Univ for one night. This hotel provided the basics at a good price but that's about it. The mattress was very uncomfortable. Not much in the area but easy on and off access from the Mass Pike.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank PrincessDed
Reviewed 5 July 2012

Here's what we need to remember: it was the 4th of July, and we needed only one night; we were coming from a James Taylor concert at Tanglewood--in the Berkshires where most places require 2 night minimum. And we were basically going to take a "nap" and leave by 4:30 a.m. So this did the trick, for $67/night. (Another factor: it was my second Guest Privileges stay so I was earning a $50 gas card).
Pros: pretty quick check-in, clean bed linens and bathroom, very convenient to the highway. Bathroom seemed clean, shower was good.
Cons: bed with saggy mattress on both sides, but the middle was fine; and thin walls--you'll hear all the noisy people coming in later than you, talking (or yelling) and slamming doors. The room smelled a little smoky to me; probably previously a smoking room--this is not a new place by any stretch. And overall a shabbiness to the place but clean enough.
Again, for our needs, it was fine and I would consider staying there again for same purpose.

Room Tip: We were in a lower level room; perhaps the second level (there are only two) would have been quieter?
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2012

This is by far the worst place I have ever stayed in. There were red stains that looked like blood on the wall, the bedspread had a big blob of something that looked like a bodily fluid, the room overall was filthy--carpet with a fresh stain and not vacuumed, ceiling had black soot on it. When I removed the bedspread the blanket had cigarette burns! I called that night to say we would not need the room the next night and I turned my key in and said again we were checking out. According to the manager I never checked out! He was rude when I called to get my bill corrected and ask for the other night to be taken off my bill as well. Just a nightmare--run from this place!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Ann C
Management response:Responded 2 July 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing EconoLodge Inn & Suites for your recent stay in our area.

• Manager received additional training in the courteous manner in which you, our valued guest, are to be treated.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at EconoLodge Inn & Suites. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed 4 May 2012

I have been staying at the Westfield, Ma Econo Lodge one night a week for the past year. I find the value exceptional, breakfast is great. The staff is very friendly, from the owners to the other gentleman that works the over night shoft, to Kristy, fill in on day shift. The beds have been up graded and are great. I find it to be clean, and a great value for the dollar...
Frank

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Frank S
Reviewed 26 April 2012

A friend and I stayed here recently because it was on our way home. When we walked in the staff was very welcoming. Our room was very tidy and well kept. The hotel was very quite and the staff was very accomadating to anything you needed.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends