“Not bad if you are a smoker, I guess”

Quality inn Westfield
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Westfield
Reviewed 14 August 2012

We stopped here on our way to the Berkshires for one night. The room was clean and the desk staff was friendly. However, the hall and my room reeked of smoke. My second floor room was supposedly non-smoking but the smell was terrible. We tried airing the room out with the patio door open to no avail. Maybe the smoking rooms were below us? In any event, the smell was so pervasive we didn't want to wear the same pajamas again at the next night's stop because they now reeked too! We will not stay at this Econolodge again.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Quality inn Westfield

Reviewed 2 August 2012

I felt that the staff was very friendly and personable. The hotel seemed very homey and comfortable. The location was very convenient to the interstate and major roads. I would recommend this hotel to my family and friends. I would stay here again. The hotel is clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 30 July 2012

Checked in to a smelly room with a pile of toe nails on the carpet. The desk in the room had food stains all over it. Pretty sure the room was not cleaned after the prior guest left, except that the bed was changed and seem clean, thank goodness. Our room smelled ok, but other rooms had a pretty funky odor in them. The manager gave several other couples in our group a hard time when they asked for an extra towel. What I can say on a positive note is that rooms had a small fridge and there were decent place tote nearby. Dunkin donuts across the street, cracker barrel within 5 minutes and a couple decent restaurant/bars within a mile or two. Overall, can't say I would ever recommend the place.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms had a Funky musty smell while others do not.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 July 2012 via mobile

Do not stay in this hotel. It has bed bugs. I have posted pictures.
My family are all infected by them. I spoke to the manager and all they say is "sorry for the inconvenience" REALLY/???
This was an emergency and i had to stay there but NEVER again will i ever stay in this kind of hotel.
I am taking further actions because this should not happen to anyone else.
Do not stay here unless every piece of furniture is brand new... better yet... under new management.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank APeralta5
Reviewed 10 July 2012

We needed to stay in the area of Westfield State Univ for one night. This hotel provided the basics at a good price but that's about it. The mattress was very uncomfortable. Not much in the area but easy on and off access from the Mass Pike.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank PrincessDed
Reviewed 5 July 2012

Here's what we need to remember: it was the 4th of July, and we needed only one night; we were coming from a James Taylor concert at Tanglewood--in the Berkshires where most places require 2 night minimum. And we were basically going to take a "nap" and leave by 4:30 a.m. So this did the trick, for $67/night. (Another factor: it was my second Guest Privileges stay so I was earning a $50 gas card).
Pros: pretty quick check-in, clean bed linens and bathroom, very convenient to the highway. Bathroom seemed clean, shower was good.
Cons: bed with saggy mattress on both sides, but the middle was fine; and thin walls--you'll hear all the noisy people coming in later than you, talking (or yelling) and slamming doors. The room smelled a little smoky to me; probably previously a smoking room--this is not a new place by any stretch. And overall a shabbiness to the place but clean enough.
Again, for our needs, it was fine and I would consider staying there again for same purpose.

Room Tip: We were in a lower level room; perhaps the second level (there are only two) would have been quieter...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 June 2012

This is by far the worst place I have ever stayed in. There were red stains that looked like blood on the wall, the bedspread had a big blob of something that looked like a bodily fluid, the room overall was filthy--carpet with a fresh stain and not vacuumed, ceiling had black soot on it. When I removed the bedspread the blanket had cigarette burns! I called that night to say we would not need the room the next night and I turned my key in and said again we were checking out. According to the manager I never checked out! He was rude when I called to get my bill corrected and ask for the other night to be taken off my bill as well. Just a nightmare--run from this place!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Ann C
Management response:Responded 2 July 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing EconoLodge Inn & Suites for your recent stay in our area.

• Manager received additional training in the courteous manner in which you, our valued guest, are to be treated.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at EconoLodge Inn & Suites. We take our reviews very seriously, and I think you will be greatly pleased.

Hotel Manager.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Westfield
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Westfield
Hampton Inn West Springfield
#1 of 17 in West Springfield
La Quinta Inn & Suites Springfield
Best Western Springfield West Inn
Best Western Springfield West In...
#2 of 17 in West Springfield

Been to Quality inn Westfield? Share your experiences!