Samuel Fitch House B & B
US$177
US$239
US$194
US$183
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 November 2012

Came to the area from Sonoma Ca to Concord for a wedding and stayed here for 3 nights with my wife and my brother. The house is wonderful, it's full of history at every turn. Massive beams, gorgeous floor boards, tongue and grove paneling that one could only dream of today. Huge fireplace in the living room, full kitchen and dining room, (if you can avoid the temptations of the areas great restaurants), wonderful rolling yard with screened in sitting porch.
Small TV's are around, but I don't know if they worked. Why would you watch TV in a house like this, it almost would seem like an insult to the quiet history all around you.
We dodged two storms arriving one day after hurricane Sandy and leaving a day prior to a powerful Nor'easter that blew in with freezing temps and a few inches of snow. They lost one large pine tree in the front yard, but other than that, the grounds were clear and the leaves were putting on a riotous show of Fall Colors.
Lynne was great, although she was out of town for most of our stay and we only saw her once, our only regret is that we didn't have longer to stay. We hope to return soon and pick up where we left off........

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 October 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Samuel Fitch House B&B for two nights after running in the applefest half marathon up in Hollis. Lynne was a wonderful hostess and everything was perfect throughout our stay. Lynne goes out of her way to make it a great experience for her guests. We really enjoyed staying in the carriage house, which was very nice and comfortable. Breakfast was really great.

I would highly recommend this B&B to anyone. I can't speak highly enough of it.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Malcolm029, Owner at Samuel Fitch House B & B, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2012

Joel

Thank you for the great review on trip advisor - I appreciate your time in doing so and your willingness to participate in all of our weekend activities - including Alex's birthday. You may bring your well behaved bird anytime. Lynne

Reviewed 3 September 2012

This is a beautiful old house filled with character and charm and run by the perfect host. The stay started with a slight glitch when we were given the twin room (which is ok, and probably excellent for a small family as two bedrooms share a bathroom), before being allocated our double room (which was marvellous! Four poster bed, sitting area, external porch... perfect!) But, to be honest, the glitch didn't matter at all because Lynne was such a delightful host.
We were exhausted from a very long day's cycling (should have been a fairly short day's cycling, but that is a different story) and Lynne provided a tray with napkins, crockery and cutlery so that we could eat a take-away meal on a covered porch as night fell rather than taking our cycles to a local restaurant. The breakfast the next morning was exceptional - omelettes cooked to order, homemade cakes, fresh fruit....
Overall we loved the house, loved our host, adored her dogs, enjoyed the stories about the history of the house (make sure that you ask for as many stories as possible - they are informative and frequently hilarious), and left feeling refreshed and re-energised. Thank you!
[TOP TIP: if you are cycling in this area, buy a decent cycling map rather than using a road map of Massachusetts!]

Room Tip: We liked the double room on the ground floor because of the charm and the opportunity to use the sitting area and covered porch. The twin room would be good for families. The Carriage House is huge (we were given a tour and enjoyed seeing all of the rooms).
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

I hope you are enjoying the beautiful fall foliage. Thank you for the lovely review on tripadvisor. We enjoyed meeting your family in the tomatoe patch and look forward to your next stay. Lynne

Reviewed 31 August 2012

My wife and I rented out the entire house prior to our small Groton wedding, and the space was perfect for housing our families. There was plenty of space in the common areas for the 18 of us to hang out (even those who were staying elsewhere), dine together outside, and a lovely grassy front and backyard. Our family members kept commenting on how relaxed they felt and how interesting (with all the nooks and history) and the loveliness of the space. Lynn provided delicious breakfasts that were sensitive to one of our family member's allergies, and was very flexible with requests during our stay. The suite side of the house was a great retreat and space to get ready for our wedding. Overall we couldn't have been happier!

Room Tip: The apartment side of the house, with downstairs two-level sitting areas and private porch and upstairs bathroom and bedroom, was quiet and had plenty of space.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rachel_and_Mo
Reviewed 17 July 2012

An overnight stay that was to be with my husband(who got sick) turned into a solo trip. Instead of feeling bad about my situation, I was welcomed by Lynne and another guest and family to a wonderful dinner out and a fabulous breakfast in the morning before I was on my way to my next destination.
It felt as though I had known Lynne for years! I hope to return again and spend more time getting to know the historic area.

Room Tip: carrage house is private and very large.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo