“Wingin' it!”

The Butterfly Place
Ranked #2 of 10 things to do in Westford
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Beautiful butterflies but rather expensive - grandchildren (age 7 and 10) enjoyed it very much - 10 year old girl could have lasted well over an hour - seven year old lost attention at 45 minutes. Well kept -- professional to answer questions.

Reviewed 9 August 2014

We purchased two different sets of tickets on 2 separate groupon accounts. When we first got here the manager was going to make us pay again but once we explained the situation we we're let in. The area itself was very nice, lots of different species of butterflies and very pretty. However the area was very small. There were about 7 or 8 families visiting and it felt very crowded. If this had been our fist visit to a butterfly house I may have been impressed. However we have been to several others so this was nothing spectacular. I probably would have felt ripped off if I has to pay full price but since we only paid about half it was a nice way stop over. However if you traveling Magic Wings in South Deerfield is a better option.

1  Thank jilld479
Reviewed 7 July 2014

If you can tolerate the humidity and parents who are not mindful all the time ( the latter not always in attendance) but LOVE the beauty of wings aloft and sometimes setting on your shoulder or an extension of it, then the wonder and bliss of this place is food for your soul.
The type of butterflies differ from time to time so each visit is a new experience. I go when I want to partake not only in the spectacular array of winged creatures but for reminder of the delicate and gentle life gracing this planet. The butterflies are from many parts of the world so being in this aviary is akin to being in ones own travel film.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

The place is small. And I mean SMALL! There is one room covered with glass roof where the butterflies and a couple of white little birds coexist. Don't remember how much I paid the entrance fee (one can find it on their website) but I remember the feeling that I overpaid. There are also few rooms with dusty glass display cases, few dirty windows and overpriced souvenir store. Everything seems old and dirty. Kids have to be very careful not to step on butterflies sitting on the paths so grown ups have to correct them all the time (or the staff will do so). They even give you a sheet of paper to play a scavenger hunt but the place is boring after five minutes. Bring the camera with you and be prepared that the place is very hot and humid. The whole visit will take you about half an hour.

5  Thank AndrewRNDiver
Reviewed 25 May 2014

This is amazing place to visit during cold winter days... You would dive into the summer time with many kind of butterflies, parrots and other birds... Chill music will relax you and place in good mood... Place is not too big, so it may happened to be crowdy... It is about 80F inside and about 90% humidity - so be prepared... Take your camera with you!