“Good place to stay!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Westford - Chelmsford
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Westford
Reviewed 8 January 2013 via mobile

Hotel was clean, good service and good food. The free breakfast was very fresh and offered a wide variety. Staff was courteous. Would definitely recommend staying here. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah!!!

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Everloving
mikeegan122569, Regional Director posting the General Manager's response. at Hampton Inn & Suites Westford - Chelmsford, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2013

Dear Valued Guest-We know your time is valuable and would like to thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback with other travelers on Tripadvisor. We do pride ourselves on the cleanliness of our guest rooms, exceptional customer service and quality complimentary ameneties such as our On The House Hot Breakfast. It's exciting to know you were satisfied and I look forward to sharing your comments with the team. We hope to see you again soon!

Cheryl Prentiss
Hampton Inn & Suites Westford

Reviewed 18 December 2012

My first stay ever at a Hampton Inn due to no reasonably priced Marriott in the area and I was equally impressed and disappointed. Spoke to the front desk clerk Jay before I got there and felt like I was talking to someone I already knew. He arranged to have all my requests in place before we arrived, and when we got there I felt like he may have been the best front desk clerk I have ever encountered at any chain. Hampton would do very well to groom him to be a manager at any of their properties. The hotel was clean and well maintained and our room was clean and very comfortable. Weekends are usually quiet at this hotel near an office park, which is what we look for on weekends.. On the downside we found the swimming pool to be as cold as the Atlantic Ocean in March, and even though it wasn't busy the staff couldnt keep the breakfast bar stocked in the morning. Many guests waited too long for items or did without them. This would be unacceptable in any restaurant. If not for this I would have rated this property excellent-and it kills me not to. If the pool area and breakfast in the morning is not important to you this is otherwise an excellent place to stay

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
mikeegan122569, Vice President of Sales posted for the General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Westford - Chelmsford, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2013

Dear Valued Guest-we want to thank you for providing us with both positive and constructive feedback regarding your stay at our Hampton Inn & Suites. Our people are what make our Hampton Inn & Suites a Lighthouse Brand. Taking the time to recognize Jay will keep him motivated and engaged. He is definitely an asset to our Hampton Family and to our guest's. In addition your feedback regarding your negative experience in both the pool area and On the House Hot Breakfast will be used to improve the quality and level of service we provide to our guest's in these areas. These complimentary guest amenities are important to us and to our guest's and we want to ensure that we are living up to the expectations of our guests. We hope to have the opportunity to have you stay with us again and notice an improvement in these areas.
Cheryl Prentiss, General Manager

Cheryl Prentiss
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton
(978)392-1555 phone / (978)392-1566 fax

Reviewed 19 November 2012

Room 303-Dates of Stay: 10-14 November 2012 (4 nights)
We were there for a funeral and needed a place for several nights since the house where we usually stayed is being cleaned out to sell. We arrived just before 5 pm, and Mike checked us in. I requested an upgrade, which we received, and also a room on the quiet side away from I-495. We were upgraded to a suite, which was the typical Hampton Inn Suite. It was one large, studio apartment-like room. Upon entry into the room, there was a sink and counter on the right with a coffee pot on top and a refrigerator and microwave below. There were no utensils although there were paper towels. Next was the living room part with a sofa, coffee table, end table, several lamps, and a desk with a chair. A dresser was in the middle of the room and the pivoting tv was on top. To the far right was the king-sized bed with end tables on each side and a settee at the foot of the bed for luggage, sitting down to put shoes on, etc. There were 5 lamps in the room plus ceiling lighting by the entryway and in the vanity area and bathroom so there was plenty of light. The room had two windows also, but it got dark just after 4 pm so there was not much outside light. The vanity had a sink with several amenities provided including mouthwash plus the usual. All were restocked in full daily. The sink area had coffee and tea plus a microwave popcorn package, and all were replenished daily except the popcorn on the last day. The bathroom had a toilet and a tub/shower combo. The room was very comfortable, and there were no issues. The only bad decoration was the fake plant, which looked like it was dying! The tv received about 50 channels although the channel list in both the welcome book and on the reading tray were incorrect. According to one of the guys at the front desk, the channels had recently changed or would soon change, but I forget which. There was an ice machine and soda machine in a locked room next to the elevator. I don’t know why the room required card entry; perhaps, people sneak in for ice? The bed was typical Hampton Inn and was very comfortable-a bit too soft for me but I love the duvet cover. Once the clock radio was moved to the other bedside table, there was one available outlet on each side. There was no safe, but that was expected so I would carry my laptop with me and put it in the rental car’s trunk. There was also a closet next to the sink for hanging clothes and storage, and included an iron and ironing board.
Breakfast was different each day with the regulars: fruit, waffles, cereal, milk, some breads and juices along with coffee and tea and boiled eggs. Day 1, there were scrambled eggs with cheese and ham plus biscuits with sausage gravy. Day 2, there was no meat. They had fruit wrapped in pancakes, potatoes, and scrambled eggs. (Day 2 was a carbohydrate celebration) I complained and mentioned how Hampton Inn advertises a hot breakfast (which I consider at least one meat choice) so they offered to make me sausage patties or links and then asked if I would have bacon instead so they made me several slices of bacon so I was happy. Day 3 was great with western omelets, sausage links, and French toast. I had the first two plus a whole grain, low sugar cereal and decaf. Day 4 had scrambled eggs, potatoes, and maple flavored sliced pork sausage. It’s not a fancy breakfast like Embassy Suites with made to order omelets, but it does the job if there are some proteins. It compares to what you receive in the Executive Lounge at a Hilton at the Gold Rewards level except they use plastic ware instead of real utensils. Although I am a tad overweight, I try to eat a good, healthy as possible, breakfast, and that means protein! They also had cookies at the front desk in the afternoon to tempt you, and I had too many!
Parking was free, and the lot was never crowded while we were there. I do have one major suggestion: have the town of Westford put at least one, if not two or three, streetlights between Littleton Road and the hotel, especially at the 90 degree turn. It is very dark and hard to negotiate, if not familiar with the entrance, at night. Those who work at IBM and whatever else may be around the curve drive in and out too fast sometimes!
Usually, I intend to exercise and use the pool and don’t, but this time I did. I exercised 3 times for over an hour each. They only have 3 machines: a cross trainer, a treadmill, and a bike. There is a tv in the fitness room, and it had a different (and better) line-up of channel selections than those in the room. There is a water cooler, and towels are provided for individual use plus wipes to clean the machines afterwards. I was the only person each time. The pool is next to the fitness room. My issue with the pool is about swimming laps. There is a rope down the middle so you have to swim laps from side to side so 4 or 5 strokes and reverse. The pool was heated and clean. Ample towels are on all the chairs plus a shower to rinse off before and after. I hope they have refurbished the workout room before my next visit in a few weeks, but it did the trick for someone like me.
The staff was fantastic and very responsive to every need. I already mentioned day 2’s breakfast issue. The first time I sat on the toilet, it rocked. I mentioned this to Mike but asked that they wait until the next day. It was fixed when the maid cleaned the room. One evening, we had lobster from the Market Basket down the street ($4.95/lb). I didn’t want to smell lobster shells all night nor did I think it right to just put them in a garbage can to smell up the hallway or lobby so I walked down and gave them to Mike who said he would give them to the guy doing the trash run. Each of the 3 days we were due housekeeping, I requested it early as I was going to be away for an hour or so. They always complied-even cleaning one morning before 9 am-thanks to a great housekeeping team. The breakfast team ladies were all very kind as well. Also, while I was there, I rechecked the rate for December 8 because I had booked a prepaid rate for that day back in October and saw that the rate had gone down $26. I mentioned this to the front desk guy, Matt, and he changed my rate to the lower rate-great customer service. Also, when we received our bill under the door the last morning, we were charged the Saturday night rate for all 4 nights; this was $46 less for each of the last 3 nights so this made us very, very happy. Thanks!!! Everybody was great-spoke with a smile, and gave great customer service. It wasn’t glamorous and posh like an Intercontinental or Conrad, but it was the best run Hampton Inn where I’ve stayed. I compliment the management on their training and everyone’s job well done!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the quiet side (not facing I-495)
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BerlinG-ParisF
Reviewed 11 November 2012

Nice, clean, quiet place. Nice, accommodating staff. But substandard fitness equipment. A few old, creaky, unstable, cardio machines. No resistance equipment, free weights, etc. Elliptical incline control is broken, and it's the kind of machine where you have to lean way forward to grip the handles, which is bad if you're rehabbing an injured back.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank dougnk_2000
mikeegan122569, Regional Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Westford - Chelmsford, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2012

Doug,

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review of our Hampton Inn Westford MA.
We do appreciate your comments about the staff and about the hotel. We strive to make every guest's stay perfect and we are sorry that we did not completely come through for you on your recent trip due to the limited options of our work out facility.

You will be glad to hear that we are scheduled to undergo a renovation of the workout area very soon. We will have a larger space with the most current fitness equipment available when work is completed, and we sincerely hope you will continue to choose our hotel in the future while we address this limitation.

Thank you again for your comments, we wish you a speedy recovery as your back heals, and we hope to see you again soon.

Regards,
Mike Egan

Reviewed 2 November 2012

Best Hotel stay ever! we got stranded due to Hurricane Sandy and this was the most amazing group of people. They were so friendly and the rooms and and staff went above and beyond for the duration of our stay to keep us happy. I have stayed at amazing hotels and this hotel was up there with the best of the best who knew Hampton Inn in Wesford, MA you were amazing.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 October 2012

Stayed here overnight after a wedding. We loved the room, it was very spacious and the beds/linens were really comfy. We didn't use many of the amenities as it was mostly a place to rest our heads, but the hotel and our room seemed very clean and updated. We had a king size bed in a regular room (no suite) so we didn't have the bells and whistles. We ate at the buffet breakfast the next morning, which was decent. There were waffles, plus many of the usuals (bacon, french toast sticks, continental breakfast items), although I would have liked to see some scrambled eggs, sausage, and pancakes. Check-in went smoothly as well, staff was really friendly. The hotel sits set back from a major commercial road with lots of restaurants and small stores, and Interstate 495 is very close. If you're visiting as a tourist in the warmer months, definitely check out Kimballs which is not too far down the road!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wildcatkb03
mikeegan122569, Regional Director of Sales (Posted for the Manager) at Hampton Inn & Suites Westford - Chelmsford, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on your recent stay in October.
It is a pleasure hearing your positive feedback regarding our guest rooms and
service here at the Hampton Inn. Our staff takes great pride in their work and is
proud to provide clean, well kept accommodations to our guests. We strive to have
each guest experience Hamptonality at its best! We hope you will think of the
Hampton Inn again when you are in the Westford area for another event.

Reviewed 18 October 2012

After a long day of traveling from Pennslyvania to Maine we decided to stop at Westford, massachusetts and spend the night. Saw a sign along the highway for a Hampton Inn. We stopped there and having no reservations they treated us very nice. The desk clerks were very helpful upon checking in and checking out. The room was very nice and the hotel was very clean. Our room had a king size bed and was very roomy. It was a nice big room with a king size bed. Upon check out we asked the desk clerk to find us a hotel in Freeport, Maine. He very willingly did.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Westford
Westford Regency Inn
Westford Regency Inn
#3 of 3 in Westford
Residence Inn Boston Westford
Courtyard Boston Littleton
Best Western Plus Chelmsford Inn
Radisson Hotel and Suites Chelmsford / Lowell
Hilton Garden Inn Devens Common

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Westford - Chelmsford? Share your experiences!