“Still no improvement : (. And ask for odd numbered rooms”

Hampton Inn & Suites Westford - Chelmsford
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Westford
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Last March, my review was less then satisfactory for the fitness room and there was a reply from the GM indicating there may be improvements ahead. Alas, nothing yet! Not only is the fitness room the same size and same equipment but, it has gotten worse. The TV on the treadmill was not working, there were no saniwipies for the equipment, and no room for all the waiting people. (Two people on the two pieces of equipment with three waiting)

If you can ask for an odd number room, the even numbers are the highway side ( light sleepers beware)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
mikeegan122569, Regional VP posted for the General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Westford - Chelmsford, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

Dear Valued Guest-
I apologize that our Fitness Center continues to disappoint you. I know our equipment options are limited and we are working on getting another piece of equipment for the Center but the process is taking longer than anticipated. Layouts need to be approved prior in order to ensure that all ADA requirements are adhered to. We do have an arrangement with a local Fitness Center that I would be happy to discuss with you.
Please feel free to contact me at the hotel.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn & Suites Westford - Chelmsford

Reviewed 4 October 2013

Clean, friendly, good restaurants nearby. as Hilton member gave me free upgrade to great room. Would highly recommend anyone to stay here. Comfortable room great tv and sitting area. My wife thought room was excellent.

Reviewed 1 October 2013

If you want to hear every logging truck and cement mixer along the interstate then please stay here. Road noise was impossibly loud. hotel is situated right next to highway with no buffer. Review must have 200 characters (what is this, an essay question?). Hotel staff looks like they were hired from shop class of local high school.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
mikeegan122569, Regional Vice President on behalf of the General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Westford - Chelmsford, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

Dear James,

I sincerely apologize for the noise issue you encountered from nearby traffic during your recent stay with us. Our guests' comfort and safety is our number one concern and your review will assist us moving forward.

I do hope that the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our property again so that we may better demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Please feel free to contact me directly if traveling back to the area. Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 25 September 2013

We stayed here for as a recommendation of a wedding and it was a great stay. The only minor negative was the ice machine not working on our floor and the staff notified and it was not fixed over the 3 days there and no out of order sign was placed on it to let you know not to try to use it.

Reviewed 16 September 2013

Honestly -- It is just so frustrating to check into a hotel after a day of driving and have to contend with issues that are simply inexcusable. Take, for example, our check-in at this property. We were placed in room 335. However, when we stepped off the elevator, the hotel's signage indicated room numbers only up to 333. Say what? Back in the elevator with luggage in hand and march off to the front desk for guidance, only to be told that there was, indeed, a Room #335; we just needed to walk to the end of the corridor. First question: Why can't this property invest in signage that is accurate? Second question: In the interim, can't they at least instruct the front desk personnel to inform guests how to locate the room? Sorry for the venting. I just can't understand stupidity like this...and at a Hilton property, no less. The next complaint was a clock radio with the wrong time -- one hour earlier than the actual time. Good thing I noticed this or I would have been an hour late for my meeting in Boston. Other than the complaints noted, the room was spacious and comfortable. I just see no excuse for the incorrect signage.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank CAP1953
mikeegan122569, Regional VP posted for the General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Westford - Chelmsford, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2013

Dear Valued Guest-I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your candid feedback regarding your recent stay with us and to apologize for the challenges you experienced. I can certainly understand why you were so frustrated! It appears that what should have been a very obvious discrepancy at our Hampton Inn & Suites went undetected by me and other members of my team. I would like to thank you for bringing the signage issue to my attention so that I may address the matter. In addition the constructive feedback regarding your in room clock radio has been constructively shared with our Housekeeping Team as a training opportunity to assist them in understanding the importance of paying to details such as those when cleaning and inspecting our guest rooms. Please feel free to contact me directly at the Hotel if you have any additional feedback that you think would be valuable to assisting me and my team in improving the quality of the product and service that we provide to all of our guests. I do hope we do get another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Cheryl Prentiss,

Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

Just returned home from a stay at this hotel. I've stayed here at least five times in the past few years but don't think I've reviewed it yet. I've stayed at the other hotels in Westford and some of those in Devens. They are all fine. So why is this my favorite?
- Prefer Westford to Devens - more food, more shops, more to do
- Well maintained facility
- Very comfortable and clean rooms with comfortable beds
- Courteous and friendly staff
- Best weekend value
Thanks Team Hampton for another excellent stay! I'm booked to come back twice more already.

• Stayed: September 2013
mikeegan122569, Regional VP posted for the General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Westford - Chelmsford, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

Dear Frequent Traveler-Thank you for your loyal patronage to our Hampton Inn & Suites. We know that you have other choices when traveling to the area and your faith in our team is not taken lightly. We will strive to continue to provide you with they type of experience that you expect from us.

Reviewed 13 September 2013

As Groton parents, we visit the area several times a year. We've stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Devens most often, but for this trip, opted to stay in Westford to be closer to restaurant options and shopping. A wise decision and one that we'll make again and again. The hotel is conveniently located off of 495 and, through town, takes about 20 minutes to reach the school. It is set apart from retail in that it is located at the end of road in a more corporate area that closes down after 5 and on weekend. We experienced no noise whatsoever from the highway. Conveniently located nearby are Walgreens, CVS, Market Basket (grocery stores), Home Goods, Marshalls, Sally Beauty Supply and a ton of varying priced restaurants from Panera Bread and 5 guys to (my personal favorite) Evviva Cucina, where the food is locally sourced and prepared from scratch! Back to the hotel... It seems to be a newer property and, as such the furnishings are nice and it smells fresh. A regular guest room lacked a fridge and/or microwave, which we've had at other Hampton locations. Still, the front desk offered to wheel one to our room if we wanted. Missed having mouthwash in the room, as we've seen in other locations. But the lotion, shampoo, conditioner were all there. This hotel had more channels from which to choose than other locations, so late night channel surfing provided a choice of entertainment. If there was any real downside to the room, I'd say it was the mattress. Not very comfortable and so lightweight that it slid whenever you sat or laid down on the bed. Otherwise, the room was well-appointed and the wi-fi worked great. Parking in front and to the left of the building is plentiful, although there are more spaced reserved for Diamond status guests than I think might ever be there at one time. They could probably get away with saying those spaces are for levels silver and higher. Just a thought. There was only one variety of cookie in the lobby, though at other locations we've seen three. On the other hand, this was the first time we'd seen popcorn set out as a treat. Nice touch for those who prefer salty over sweet. My standard issue with the Hampton breakfast is that it is so carbohydrate heavy; however, I will add that this location, the sausage was the crisp brown that it should be. (Hampton, what if you started small and just away with the products containing high fructose corn syrup?) Personally, I'd be willing to pay to have better quality foods, since I ultimately skip the breakfast and find something out anyway. Having a microwave and fridge would make that much easier since the grocery stores are so nearby. Overall a great property and one that we will visit again and again. (Using GPS? Once it says "you have arrived" just continue straight on Nixon. You get to it.)

Room Tip: We were near a wedding party. Do ask at check-in to make sure you're not sandwiched between roo...
1  Thank LRich
mikeegan122569, Regional VP posted for the general manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Westford - Chelmsford, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

Dear Groton Parents:
We know that your time is valuable and we would like to thank you for taking the time to provide such a detailed review of our property. We are delighted that your were so pleased with our Hampton Inn & Suites and that you have chosen us for your new home away from home when visiting the Groton School. Our team strives to provide a high level of service, clean and comfortable accommodations and quality amenities to all of our guests. Although their is always room for improvement it is rewarding for us to hear that we are accomplishing those goals. I look forward to meeting you on your next visit.

General Manager.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Westford
Westford Regency Inn
Westford Regency Inn
#3 of 3 in Westford
Residence Inn Boston Westford
Best Western Plus Chelmsford Inn
Courtyard Boston Littleton
Radisson Hotel and Suites Chelmsford / Lowell
Hilton Garden Inn Devens Common

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Westford - Chelmsford? Share your experiences!