“GUNS AND DOGS WARNING FROM KOA OWNER!! WELCOME TO KOA?”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Westhampton
Northampton/Springfield KOA
Middleboro, Massachusetts
“GUNS AND DOGS WARNING FROM KOA OWNER!! WELCOME TO KOA?”
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Stayed at the KOA in East Hamptom/Springfield Mass for my daughter's graduation. Called the day before to confirm that we were coming and would be there late (10pm) Sally the owner who answered said no problem. that was it.
When we got there, there was no one around , the office was closed and so i went to the only place with a light on, the house attached to the office/store. I knocked on the door in the front breeze way/porch, and was met by the owner Sally. I explained who we were and during the conversation was told "YOU'RE LUCKY THE DOG DIDN'T WAKE UP THE BABY" (CAPS FOR EMPHASIS, SHE DIDN'T YELL IT) After I apologized for disturbing her, she informed me "YOU NOW THERE ARE GUNS IN THE HOUSE" (I take this pretty much as a threat.) Apparently, they left an envelope taped to a door on the office for me, but i was never made aware of this.

When we went to check out again no one around (8:45 am in the morning on a Sunday), had to drive around looking for some one to check us out of our cabin (store/office closed and i wasn't going near the house again!)

There was no contact info, no be back in 5 minutes, no way to know what to do with the cabin key.

I don't want anything except for the KOA President, the one I saw on Undercover Boss, to be made aware of this. I have tried to get through to no avail. So I am reposting this here and wherever i can so hopefully he will be made aware of this. This is not the campground experience and service I saw that he wanted on the show.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
9 Thank Marilyn M
northamptonkoa, Owner at Northampton/Springfield KOA, responded to this review, 13 June 2013
I really don't mind a bad review when we deserve one but this is not one of those times. This lady did inform us that she would be arriving late and WAS instructed that we would leave her a envelope at our CLEARLY marked and well lit night registration area. We deal with many late check ins this way and this is the first ever problem. She not only did not Knock at the door she came into the porch then ENTERED our house into our Kitchen, My wife Sally was startled when she came into the kitchen finding a stranger in our house who became very rude immediately when asked who she was. The dog is a rescue dog which is blind and deaf and asleep in the living room. Sally did ask her to stop yelling s we do have a baby asleep in a room adjacent to the kitchen. As far as guns this was a total fabrication and used by the reviewer to embellish her story. The cabin instructions clearly state if you need to check out before the office is open leave the keys in out night drop box and have a safe trip. Our store hours are clearly marked WITH an emergency contact number. As far as getting a hold of the President of KOA this is also a very easy process from KOA.com. We made special accommodations for this lady by waving our two night minimum on cabins AND gave her a 15% discount we offer all customers coming for a graduation she didn't even request. Thank you for taking the time to read this long response and we hope you come see us for yourself.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Orange, Massachusetts
Reviewed 3 June 2013

We have been camping for years and this was one of our favorite trips. We were warmly welcomed when we arrived and the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The itinerary of activities for the guests was quite impressive. The restrooms/showers were very clean and well maintained. Overall, our experience here was awesome and we can't wait to come back!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rachel B
Thank you very nice for your kind words and cant wait to see you again soon
Ludlow, Massachusetts
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I stayed in the field and it was all grass! The staff was really good! I recomend this campground for familys friends etc. The only thing I would suggest is that they fix the horseshoe pits. Other then that the place was great. dont listen to the bad reviews they prob werent following rules.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank kyle p
Thanks for the nice words, We are taking your suggestion and will move and redo the horseshoe pits within the next couple weeks. Hope to see you again soon
Reviewed 22 May 2013

Had stayed there a few years ago and it was ok but nothing to write home about. The owners have made some major improvements. Still need some more work. But a great place to stay. It is a rural setting set in farming country We love the "field " section. Only problem with that is it is a half mile to the front.

• Stayed April 2013
Thanks for the nice words, hope to see you again soon
Bethel, Connecticut
Reviewed 27 April 2013

The staff is rude, Site is a big ugly field with no grass, Staff rides golf carts to go 20 feet so dont get run over. The place has more gnats than Minnesota has mosquitoes. Stay far away. Do not pass go, do not collect 200 $

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Ellen H
northamptonkoa, Owner at Northampton/Springfield KOA, responded to this review, 30 April 2013
Not sure about this review, we just opened and NOBODY has camped in our field which is all grass. We are a 150 site campground filled most weekends and we only manage to get negative reviews on trip advisor. Hopefully people judge us for themselves. If you come here and have any problem PLEASE ask for John Or Sally, we work very hard to provide a GREAT Camping experience

Travellers are raving about these Westhampton hotels

New Jersey
Reviewed 28 August 2012

This is not a Springfield KOA. It is 45 minutes away. About 10 miles from highway and local roads are only 25-35 mph so takes long time to go anywhere. KOA CG pluses was the pool, playground and lots of scheduled activities. Negative was sites are very close together. Premium spaces have 4 ft from slide to awning. U can't even have fire since rings are so close to the rigs. Very poor design. Employees drive around all day on golf carts not sure what they are doing. Bathrooms were ok but very small and only one shower!. I also witnessed woman owner yelling at people and complaining to staff about something. This was not what I expected from KOA.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank jtbr3
northamptonkoa, Owner at Northampton/Springfield KOA, responded to this review, 3 September 2012
Another typical review by a customer asked to follow rules. This customer registered 2 guests but actually had 7 people in the lodge. Nearly exploded the gas grill while cooking god knows what. Played with the plumbing in the lodge and used over 2,000 gallons of water in 2 days. He was truthful about leaving early. Please remember to take these reviews with a grain of salt. We are not perfect by any means but this is the ONLY review this person has EVER left on Trip Advisor
Reviewed 22 August 2012

At first there was terrible smell like restroom. When Wind blow, smell come with smell. And a lottttttttt of flies are there. I killed them a lot but they came up again and again.
AND at cabin toilet not an auto. If you want to use it, you fill the water first. And it must be filled out often. Employers are so rude to visitors. They was angry about customers.

Swimming pool was better then any other koa I've visited. But that's all. I love KOA.
When I have vacation, my family and I enjoyed them. This time I was disappointed a lot. I regret to visit here. Tomorrow I gonna leave here ; one day before I reserved

• Stayed August 2012
6 Thank Bisitors
Sorry about response to above review it was meant for this one

Been to Northampton/Springfield KOA? Share your experiences!