“Clean and friendly”

Hampton Inn Fall River/Westport
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Westport
Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

The hotel is very clean and landscaped well. The interior is bright and clean. The room itself was very nice and quiet. Breakfast was good too, a lot of options for a free continental.
The staff was great too, polite and courteous and gave us a menu for a pizza place. I forget the name of the pizza place, but it was very good, inexpensive and delivered to our room.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
HIW02790, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Fall River/Westport, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

Dear Bob M from Reading Mass,

Thank you very much Bob for taking time to write a trip advisor review. We certainly appreciate the 5 dot rating and your kind words about our very clean and well landscapped property. It is know that you had a nice, quiet room and that breakfast was good with a lot of options.

We hope you visit again soon.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

needed to change rooms due to cigarette smell. Found tobacco in chair in room and water fountianin pool area was rusted, and gross, I have pictures. they also over charged me according to my reservations I made online

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
HIW02790, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Fall River/Westport, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Michael W,

We have a very strict no smoking policy and charge guests $250 to clean the room if they are smoked in. In future, please report something like this to our front desk. We would have changed your room immediately. Regarding the rust on the water fountain in the pool area. We have alerted the maintence folks to stay on top of this as it is a very challenging area to keep continuously rust free. It does not impact drinking from the fountain as it is at the very base of the unit.

We apologize that your stay was not what you were expecting.

Hampton Inn Westport

Reviewed 14 May 2014

The service is great and it's a very nice hotel in a convenient location. It was quick and easy check-in and out and the front desk people were very friendly and efficient. The rooms are typical hotel rooms but they were clean and the mattresses are very comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was good with quite a few options. The only negative is that even though the rooms are smoke-free, there is still a strong smoke smell. We didn't bother complaining about it because it seemed to be pretty much in all the rooms and we were attending a wedding and knew that we wouldn't be in the room until quite late and we would be leaving early in the morning. If I were to stay there again, I would definitely ask to make sure that the room we reserved did not smell like smoke.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Jillymac50
HIW02790, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Fall River/Westport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Good Morning Jillymac50 from Conway, New Hampshire,

Thank you for taking time to write a trip advisor review! We also appreciate your 4 dot rating. We will share your feedback with front desk on the convenient, easy checkin and friendly front desk staff. Housekeeping will appreciate the comments about the clean and comfortable guestroom.

We apologize for the strong smell of smoke, as you know we are a non-smoking facility. We do fine guests for smoking in their guestrooms however many times it is challenging to catch them in the act unless other guests share this information. In the future, please share this information so we can change your room.

Thank you.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

This hotel was nice and the staff was friendly and courteous when I was there. I travel weekly and this hotel is clean - it's frankly better than many Hampton inn's and holiday inn/HI Expresses I stay at. I was comfortable there and stayed for at least 3-5 weeks without complaint.

Unfortunately, I've needed a receipt for a one week stay from more than 4 months from this hotel and have called at least a half dozen times and left a message to get a receipt. I've left messages with the front desk who can't seem to find a receipt and I've left messages for the manager or their finance person who have not been able to call me back. I've consistently followed up with them at least weekly for the last month and sporadically for the last 3-4 months. It's a hilton hotel. It shouldn't be this hard to get a receipt.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
HIW02790, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Fall River/Westport, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Dear Mazen from Northborough Massachusetts -

We appreciate the time you took to write a trip advisor review about our hotel.
It is nice to know that our staff was friendly, courteous and that our hotel is cleaner than many other Hampton Inn's and Holiday Inn Expresses that you have stayed in.

We receive many requests to have receipts faxed or emailed after a guest has stayed with us. I would like to help you resolve this challenge, could you please call me personally and I would be happy to locate the receipt and send it to you, either via fax, email or us mail. I can be reached at 508-675-8500 x106.

Thank you.

508-675-8500 x106
jodi.boland@hilton.com

Reviewed 25 April 2014

I have family in Fall River, so I stay here a lot. The only comparable hotel is the Holiday Inn Express in Swansea. Avoid the Comfort Inn, it's dirty and has horrible service. Anything else is a motel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Dear Kerry G from Washington,

We certainly appreciate the time you took to write a trip advisor review, thank you.
We value your business and are pleased you chose to stay at The Hampton Inn. Looking forward to your next visit. Enjoy the spring.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Very nice location and efficient staff. Rooms were clean and comfortable and there is huge parking in a state where that is always a problem. For what we were there for it was fairly central. Had a great time.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Dear Jaskara from New Orleans,

We very much appreciate your trip advisor review.
Thank you for taking the time to write it. We are pleased you enjoyed our nice location, efficient staff and clean/comfortable rooms.

We hope you will visit us again in the near future.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

The Hotel is very clean. No funky smells. My room was very clean and pleasant smelling. The only down side to my room 208 was the huge gap alone the door. I heard everyone and everything that went down the hall. So I would wake up every time some one spoke or slammed a door. The bathroom was nice and clean. The bed was clean and comfy. All in all a good stay.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
HIW02790, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Fall River/Westport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Dear Nigel from Gainesville,

We very much appreciate your trip advisor review, thank you for taking time to write it.
You comments about cleanliness are important and we will share that with our housekeeping staff and maintenance. With regard to the gap in the door I will alert the maintenance department, perhaps there is something we can do to buffer the noise and fix the gap.

We look forward to seeing you in the future, if your travels bring you back to this area.

Hampton Inn Fall RIver/Westport

Also consider these accommodations in or near Westport
5 mi away
Bristol Harbor Inn
Bristol Harbor Inn
#1 of 1 in Bristol
Best Western Dartmouth Inn

Been to Hampton Inn Fall River/Westport? Share your experiences!