“One of my all time favorites for Food and Value!!!!!”
Review of The Venetian

The Venetian
Ranked #17 of 117 Restaurants in Weymouth
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Boston, Massachusetts
“One of my all time favorites for Food and Value!!!!!”
Reviewed 25 May 2013

The Venetian is one of my favorites for Food and Value. I love Italian Food, and for consistency over the years, this restaurant is better than most. I eat here at least 3 times a month. The food is good and the value is great. The waitresses have been here a long time. My favorite of all time is Cindy. She is great!!! She knows your order from memory, and is very attentive. My favorite dish is Veal Parmegiano. The Antipasto is outstanding, and it is a meal in and of itself. The restaurant is clean. This is important to me. If you go there on a Saturday night between 5pm and 8:00pm, you are likely to encounter a wait. But if you go after 8:00pm you will miss the rush. All of the other nights you will be fine at anytime. The menu has a lot of choices, and everything is good. Some things are better than others. You can't beat the Pasta Value. You can get a dish of pasta and sauce for under $6.00, and the sauce is good. You just can't get this other places. There are other choices on the menu like a tomato and cheese sandwich at lunchtime. Very few places serve this. If you grew up in an Italian household, you will appreciate the liver and onions, lamb chops with vinegar peppers, and tripe. I think this is a great restaurant and one of my all time favorites. If you want to eat out and not spend a fortune, this is the place for taste, value, and consistency.

• Visited May 2013

Hingham, Massachusetts
“Sucks”
Reviewed 10 May 2013 via mobile

Ordered a pizza and toasted ravs by cell phone. Arrived at Venetian in 10 minutes, and told hostess we were waiting for a take out order and would be at bar (same room). Waited 40 minutes. Finally asked hostess to check on our order. Take out orders were coming out of the kitchen regularly. She disappears. Our order finally comes out. We go home (5 minutes) and It's stone cold. Must have been in kitchen for a long time. Called to complain.. They don't give a damn. Avoid this place!

Visited May 2013
2 Thank MrPeter_144
Rockville
“What's Happened to the Venetian?”
Reviewed 16 April 2013

A few short months ago, this restaurant was becoming one of our favorites. No, it's not fine dining, and the service was always rough around the edges, but friendly and pleasant. The pizza was about as good as you'll get locally, and some of the entrees were very good, at almost too good to be true prices. This place was a great, no frills neighborhood restaurant.

Unfortunately,our last several visits to the Venetian have been very disappointing. The pizza there is now nothing like it was just a few months ago. They seem to be using some kind of cheap, yellow, greasy (but tasteless) cheese on the pizza now. In addition, the kitchen seems to have forgotten how to properly cook a pizza. The last time we were there, the crust came out burned and dry and we asked for a new one. Tonight, the crust was burned on one side while doughy and hardly cooked on the other side. Other items such as entrees and even the house Italian salad dressing do not seem as good as before either.

Besides the decline in food quality, service here has also taken a nosedive. Some of the old (friendly) waitstaff are still here, but one newer server in particular isn't very good to say the least. Sad to say, I don't think we will be back to the Venetian anytime soon . It's always a shame to see

• Visited April 2013
3 Thank plainspokenRockville
Hingham, Massachusetts
“Good Food, Good Price”
Reviewed 14 December 2012

Venetian Garden at Jackson Square is a place I frequent at least once a month. If you like pizza, it is great and has good variety. The pasta is excellent. I like the Veal Parm which is delicious, tender, and enough to take home for next day's lunch. The bread there is the best Italian bread around. Always fresh! Last night I didn't feel like going out, so we ordered take out. I had a tuna sub w/ pickles and tomatoes. It was great on a so fresh sub roll. Hubby got the angel hair and meatballs and he was very pleased. He ate the whole thing in one sitting, although he usually has leftovers. Guess he was extra hungry. I hear the pork chops there are thick and juicy, although I never tried them myself. I love the ice cream dessert sundae afterwards because it is just the right amount after a large meal.

• Visited December 2012
“Lunch specials”
Reviewed 13 October 2012 via mobile

I've had some excellent meals here on many visits. This visit i was reluctant to write a review. I ordered the pork cutlet with pasta. (7.99) The bread and dipping oil was excellent. The pork cutlet was very good and plentiful. The sauce on the pasta was acidic and bland. The small glass of ice tea cost $3.50 adding to the total bill. Take advantage of the specials and have a waster.