“Memorable dining experience”

Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
South of Boston
“Memorable dining experience”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Excellent foods and service. Waiter Paul was fantastic!! Entres in the 20's. A quality restaurant that makes you feel special.

Boston,Ma
“Better Than Expected”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

A bit pricey but overall worth the cost. Our party ordered a variety of items and we all enjoyed our choices. My filet mignon was cooked perfectly but unfortunateley was covered in a demi-glase that tasted as though it was not made fresh and was out of a jar or a can. Despite the description indicating that there were shallots in it, there were no shallots in it. The green beans while fresh were very undercooked to the point of being almost raw. Butternut squash was probably the best I have ever had in a restaurant. My husband had scallops that were served over lobster risotto. The risotto was excessively salty but the scallops were wondrous. The bread basket was incredible. The bread wash fresh and delicious and was served with a tusan bean side and oil for dipping. Lemon drop martini was excellent as was my husband's guiness. Booths are oddly designed such that you have a full view of the folks in the booth next to you. This takes away from everyone's privacy. We went on a Thursday night and it was quite busy but we were able to get seated relatively quickly.

1 Thank FitzK
London, United Kingdom
“Good steaks!”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Good honest steaks, big portions. Seafood starters and desserts also very nice. Service was friendly, if a little too intrusive. Prices reasonable for the size of the portions you get. The place was quite busy and noisy on Friday night and we had too wait a bit for our main courses. I would recommend it anyway.

1 Thank MarioPizza
Rhinebeck, New York
“Metropolitan quality in the burbs”
Reviewed 12 October 2013

I moved away from Weymouth decades ago and have experienced many excellent restaurants around the country over the years so I was very pleasantly surprised that my first visit to Stockholders was comparable to a quality restaurant in a metropolitan setting. Service was excellent. Our waitress, Wendy, was very knowledgable not only about the food but also the wine list (adequate but not "special"). Portions are ample, sides tasty, pricing moderate for the food quality. There were only two reasons I did not rate this restaurant as excellent. First, they only accept reservations for parties of 6 or more. Second, we, a party of 3, were seated in what is known as the Board Room, next to a party of 10 who were having a raucous good time with little consideration for other diners. Don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem with large groups, and everyone likes to have a good time, but they were very loud and it made conversation for the rest of the patrons in the room quite difficult. So if you go, ask to be seated away from large groups and you will have a very enjoyable evening.

1 Thank LP1247
Weymouth, Massachusetts
“when you want better than local fare.”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

First, I love Weymouth, raising my kids here. But, most food options are either pub style or ethnic restaurants. My wife and I find Stockholders a great option when we don't want to do much driving for a nice meal.

We usually grab seats at the bar, good service, and always a ball game to watch. Decent wines, and the usual stock of beers. Once in a while the bar area is more of a drinks-after-work crowd, but most times it's people like ourselves, looking for a good meal in casual atmosphere.

I often get the cowboy ribeye, always good. And there are some nice seafood dishes (swordfish is always good) so it's not just steaks here. A little pricey by Weymouth standards, but you'll pay more by heading over to one of the Hingham options, so we'll continue to visit.

• Visited September 2013