“Touch ups needed - need to invest in this adorable place!”
Review of Hearth 'n Kettle

Hearth 'n Kettle
Ranked #15 of 130 Restaurants in Weymouth
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 19 August 2013 via mobile

This place needs more investing in its looks - the breakfasts are top notch - but the place feels rundown. I love this place please keep it nice.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Many senior citizens really like the Hearth and Kettle. We found it to be nothing special. The food service and drinks are what you would expect in an old fashioned Hojos. I imagine that is why the seniors like this place. Many of them doggie bag some of their meals. They have a nice bar and draft beer.

1  Thank Priscilla M
Reviewed 4 June 2013

This is the third family function at the Hearth n' Kettle in Weymouth.
Service was excellent. The waitress was attentive and really very pleasant. Food was good. We had the buffet. The waitress made sure that it was hot and replenished as needed.
We had several food allergies and worked with us to assure everyone had a good meal.
Management was excellent in terms of changing number of guest, never feeling rushed to leave and letting us set up early.

2  Thank aflitzy
Reviewed 30 March 2013

Place is dirty. It smelled when you walked in. The wood on the chairs was sticky and dirty. The carpeting needed to be replaced. thewindows filthy.everything needed a good cleaning. I was just imagining what the kitchen looked like..

1  Thank Jeanne M
Reviewed 28 March 2013

Last Thanksgiving my daughter and I were on our own, so we thought we'd enjoy a Thanksgiving meal at a local restaurant. Unfortunately, there was not much open, so we chose the Hearth n' Kettle in Weymouth, MA. Turns out it was a spiders web, waiting for desperate hungry customers. We had to wait, which was to be expected, so we had a chance to look at the menu which was available at the hosts station and decide what we might order and after awhile we were called to our table. We ordered drinks and continued to look at the menu to make our choices, but the waitress upon delivering our drinks pulled the old switcharoo, she said.."You know, we are not using that menu today, we are using the special thanksgiving menu". Well, my joy of having a nice meal with my daughter was turned to despair as I took a look at the outrageous prices for the minimal selections available, Turkey, or Prime Rib. To my horror, each meal was at least $30, depression set in and now I was stuck. So I said, well, I'm here, I'll put on a poker face and pend every dime I have so that I won't disappoint my daughter. Well, after a long wait our plates arrived, our meals consisted of 2 thin slices of turkey, 2 ice-cream scoop size portions of mashed, stuffing and cranberry sauce. Desert was a joke, a tiny slice of pumpkin pie the size of a tortilla chip. We would have had more food buying a happy meal across the street at McDonalds or a Swanson Dinner! I cannot believe that the management of Hearth n' Kettle would allow this con job, sucking you in with a regular menu and then...BAM!..slamming you with the outrageously priced joke of a Thanksgiving meal...needless to say this was the most Unhappy Thanksgiving I have ever experienced. And on top of everything the restaurant was so noisy my daughter and I could not hold a conversation without yelling...what a joy!...NOT!....What a Turkey!...NEVER AGAIN!!..

1  Thank Bob B