“Hometown Hero” 4 of 5 bubbles

McGuiggan's Pub
Ranked #6 of 34 Restaurants in Whitman
Cuisines: American, Irish, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: More than just "Pub Food" very extensive menu, as well as the usual items. The decor is surprisingly high end.
“Hometown Hero”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014

Great value, Great Service ... Hometown watering hole and go to eatery. Great daily specials, burgers and pizza. I love the Ceaser Salad and Specials. Kid friendly and Great for family's or a night out with the spouse.

• Visited January 2014

Brockton, Massachusetts
“keeping it real”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

Went here for St.Patrick's Day and they had a pipe and drum corps march right thru the place, bangin' and wailin'. It was so great. And the corned beef and cabbage and bangers n mash is on the menu all the time. Unlike those [--], so-called "irish" places that seem to specialize in nothing but Bud Light drafts and pizza

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Abington, Massachusetts
“Came for a special 'first' visit, left very happy!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 September 2013

Advertised by them as “Half way to St. Patrick’s Day” that made me decide to give it a try.

When we left just after 7:30 PM it must have been too early I guess, because we did not see the step dancers!

The food was good (I think a special offering for the occasion, corned beef & cabbage), the service (Eileen) was excellent and the music was good too; next time we shall seat closer to the musicians so we can see the them like we did so many times in Ireland; I think the seeing part is also part of the joy of the music.

The locale is small but you do not feel sandwiched in, our table had plenty of space between us and the others not like in some other small Pubs.

Will go back – I understand Tuesday evening is Irish Music Night.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
massachusetts
“Gave it another shot, not really impressed.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2013

I ordered the special of chicken wings with buffalo sauce, my husband ordered the same but with teriaki, same as my son. It was just wings with hot sauce poured on them, not true hot sauce wings, and I got one drummie, the rest were the smaller part of the wing. My son and husband said theirs was just soy sauce on them. I tried theirs as well and agreed with them,.....too salty because it was just a soy sauce. That was a dissapointment, because we changed restaurants to come here. My son wanted the fried pickles, which he thought would be like you get down south, but if was just simply a fried pickled that had been quatered. It was also exceptionally hot, which he said is not the same. Our other member had a burger, it looked good, but honestly if I do go here again, I would stick to a burger.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank realt0rlady
Boston, Massachusetts
“Good food, good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2013

I dined here on Monday night with my girls. We were seated right away. There were many available tables when we got there but quickly started filling up within minutes. I must say that our waitress, Leanne, was very attentive and provided exceptional service. I had the Greek Salad wrap, which was delicious, my oldest daughter had the baked macaroni special, which was also very good and generous. I ordered from the kid's menu for my youngest and it's the standard fare, such as chicken fingers, pasta, cheeseburger, hot dog, served with fries, drink, and a dessert. I ordered their steak special (10oz. topped with bleu cheese and basil butter) to take home to my husband. That came with a vegetable and salad. It was cooked exactly how we had requested and very delicious, according to my husband. This is definately a good spot to come to on those days when we don't want to drive too far from home for a good meal. We will be back.

• Visited February 2013