“good service, large portions”
Review of Abudanza - CLOSED

Abudanza
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 July 2014

9 of us went for a anniversary dinner. The service was very good the waitresses helped each other. They promptly took our drink orders and came back for our appetizer and dinner orders. On this Saturday all vodka drinks were $5.00 (including all of there martini's.) The dinner rolls were cinnamon which seemed more like a breakfast roll to some of us. The appetizers, dinners and especially the deserts are all large portions. My wife had the salmon salad and she said the salmon ($20.00) was dry and over cooked. I had the ali tuna which came over lump crab (canned I think) plus a starch and salad ($20.00) . The tuna was dry and no taste. The spicy horseradish sauce with it did have a kick which helped a little. One of the ladies found a metal clip in her salad- the waitress did apologize and gave her a free desert to go.

3  Thank RGM-PJM

Reviewed 7 July 2014

I have enjoyed dining at Abudanza Ristorante since it was located at the X in Springfield, though I was very pleased when they moved to a better location at 2341 Boston Road, in Wilbraham, MA. The food has always been exceptional and to my liking. What puts this restaurant "over the top" of all the other restaurants that I have been to is their strong sense of family and a huge helping of “old world hospitality” which is the most wonderful feature of this family owned and operated restaurant. The staff was helpful to us and bent over backwards to give us the best possible dining experience while we were there. They catered to our comfort, to our dietary needs, to provide a non-menu item when it was requested (if they had the ingredients), and to provide an otherwise well varied menu.
The atmosphere there is casual. The treatment we received was relaxed, friendly and cordial. The food we ordered was deliciously prepared, excellent tasting, plentiful, and moderate in price. Their menu has something for every taste. We were greeted with a smile at the door and from that point on we were made to feel that they were happy to have us dine with them.
We found by talking with the staff that all the food that is served there is made there and cooked to order—even the extravagant deserts on their menu are made their daily.
This is a very special restaurant for us. I think I am very tough on restaurants, but Abudanza scores high on every important criterion that I expect of a restaurant when I go out to eat--starting with the excellence of food prepared there. I recently told one of the staff, that I was so well treated there that I felt as If I were part of their family who dropped in for a visit and stayed for dinner. For me, the jewel in their crown is their “hospitality”, and their desire to cater to diners who want to enjoy a fine dining experience at affordable prices.
While all restaurant have occasional "off" moments, so don't the guests that go to restaurants. I have found that they handle both, very well. My wonderful experiences eating there (breakfast, lunch, and dinners) allows me to suggest that you give it a try and judge for yourself.

9  Thank Roger S
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I went to go to breakfast after driving over 20 min. they are not open. Changed hours but not on there web page and on the web page no contact info by e-mail in this day and age?
I called today told the hours but no clear idea if open for breakfast. We open at 10 30
You would think when you change the hours you would provide your help with the info to give to your guest. I have had lunch here in the past food is average with large portions?

2  Thank grinch12
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I ordered a chicken dinner with pasta. The sauce was tasteless. Sort of flour and water type. Chicken was o.k. but again, not much flavor. My wife really used to love their carrot cake. Huge portion for about $11 or something like that. We ordered it to go. ($10) Huge portion again. When we got home we had a piece and it wasn't the same carrot cake as we'd gotten before. It was dry, no nuts, no pineapple.
the menu has changed, and some of my favorites are no longer on the menu. More Portuguese dishes are on the menu, so I gottta go back and try them. No feijuada, though. Mirascada and a portuguese style steak are available. Service was good. We ate in the bar. Huge mug of BBC for $8 was also good.

2  Thank ciaotebaldi
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Save your money the restaurant is not up to the task. Six courses and only one or possibly two were enjoyable. Service was ok. I had 4 people in my party and not one had anything favorable to say about the game dinner. Except the dessert was pretty good

1  Thank LIBBIL5