“NO Stars for makeover or food”
Review of Abudanza - CLOSED

Abudanza
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
“NO Stars for makeover or food”
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

Makeover???
Food Network went in and now the only thing they had going for them - good food with large portions - is Gone.
5 items on menu to choose from.
1 salad, no choice.
Cost more than before.
Large cans of sauce is their new decor makeover.

The old rug was taken out, so it smels better when you walk in.

Absolutely no Vegan or Vegetarian meaks on menu and the cook was not willing to modify anything.

So disappointing to wait a week for a reservation and then only have a lettuce (from a bag-it was bitter) and burnt crouton salad that came with a half brown slice of lemon.

I went home and had shrimp cocktail and steamed my owned broccoli.

Btw-$6. Extra for a salad
$15 for friends meal of shredded chicken

• Visited August 2014
3 Thank Vetters22

Springfield, Massachusetts
“newly renovated Abudanza”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I visited the restaurant for lunch and also for a dinner within 1 week post food network renovation. I was greeted immediately and the greeting was very friendly and welcoming. The dining room was pleasant, with a warm feeling and spotlessly clean. The waitress was right there to offer and explain the menu, answer any questions and take beverage orders.Food was served in a timely fashion and was hot. The waitress explained that the menu would be evolving with more choices available as customers offer wishes for specific dishes and the owners get more feedback on the current dishes.The wait staff and the owner were very attentive to the customers' best experience and feedback. I would offer that maybe the restaurant could offer a family style salad with the entrees at no additional charge. Italians like a little refreshing crispy salad before the meal. My 94 year old mother, who has eaten at this restaurant in the past, says she always enjoyed it, especially the "original sauce". All in all it was a very nice dining experience and I will be returning frequently to watch the growth ,enjoy the food,and offer support and feedback. To Robert Irvine, I would say Italians know how to cook great Italian food...and Abudanza can do that very well. Sincere wishes to Abudanza for a huge success. Let's all support them.

• Visited August 2014
11 Thank madelyn a a
Wilbraham, Massachusetts
“Food was good! Too much Food!”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Last visit to Abudanza was really good! The waitress suggested a new drink at my request, and it was great! A rasphberry vodka martini! We go there because the food is good and you certainly get alot! Good service from the waitress!

The resturant is now undergoing a remodeling from The Food Network show, Resturant Impossible with Robert! Tomorrow the 7th of August, there will be a new ABUDANZA ! No more out of date styles! Can't wait to see the New Abudanza!!!

• Visited June 2014
5 Thank Sophie315
New Hartford, Connecticut
“good service, large portions”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

9 of us went for a anniversary dinner. The service was very good the waitresses helped each other. They promptly took our drink orders and came back for our appetizer and dinner orders. On this Saturday all vodka drinks were $5.00 (including all of there martini's.) The dinner rolls were cinnamon which seemed more like a breakfast roll to some of us. The appetizers, dinners and especially the deserts are all large portions. My wife had the salmon salad and she said the salmon ($20.00) was dry and over cooked. I had the ali tuna which came over lump crab (canned I think) plus a starch and salad ($20.00) . The tuna was dry and no taste. The spicy horseradish sauce with it did have a kick which helped a little. One of the ladies found a metal clip in her salad- the waitress did apologize and gave her a free desert to go.

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank RGM-PJM
Longmeadow, Massachusetts
“A Taste of Old World Hospitality”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I have enjoyed dining at Abudanza Ristorante since it was located at the X in Springfield, though I was very pleased when they moved to a better location at 2341 Boston Road, in Wilbraham, MA. The food has always been exceptional and to my liking. What puts this restaurant "over the top" of all the other restaurants that I have been to is their strong sense of family and a huge helping of “old world hospitality” which is the most wonderful feature of this family owned and operated restaurant. The staff was helpful to us and bent over backwards to give us the best possible dining experience while we were there. They catered to our comfort, to our dietary needs, to provide a non-menu item when it was requested (if they had the ingredients), and to provide an otherwise well varied menu.
The atmosphere there is casual. The treatment we received was relaxed, friendly and cordial. The food we ordered was deliciously prepared, excellent tasting, plentiful, and moderate in price. Their menu has something for every taste. We were greeted with a smile at the door and from that point on we were made to feel that they were happy to have us dine with them.
We found by talking with the staff that all the food that is served there is made there and cooked to order—even the extravagant deserts on their menu are made their daily.
This is a very special restaurant for us. I think I am very tough on restaurants, but Abudanza scores high on every important criterion that I expect of a restaurant when I go out to eat--starting with the excellence of food prepared there. I recently told one of the staff, that I was so well treated there that I felt as If I were part of their family who dropped in for a visit and stayed for dinner. For me, the jewel in their crown is their “hospitality”, and their desire to cater to diners who want to enjoy a fine dining experience at affordable prices.
While all restaurant have occasional "off" moments, so don't the guests that go to restaurants. I have found that they handle both, very well. My wonderful experiences eating there (breakfast, lunch, and dinners) allows me to suggest that you give it a try and judge for yourself.

• Visited June 2014