“Comfort food (and beer) in a traditional setting”

The Brewmaster's Tavern
Ranked #4 of 10 Restaurants in Williamsburg
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Orlando
“Comfort food (and beer) in a traditional setting”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

My grandfather used to bring us to the Williamsburg Inn when we were kids, and not much has changed. The brewpub is a nice addition, though. We thoroughly enjoyed our beers and meals, along with the playful banter from our server, who was happy to bring samples and suggest new tastes. The menu is comfort food all the way, well prepared and plentiful. I was in the mood for the "old-fashioned turkey dinner" ($17.99) and when I ordered, the server asked, "Did you see the daily specials?" The turkey dinner was $5. Five bucks! And it was delicious. My companion raved about the New Orleans pasta, an enormous portion that lasted through lunch and dinner the next day. My other friend enjoyed the maple-glazed salmon. Nothing extraordinary here, but sometimes hot food and cold beer are all you need.

us
“A Salute to the Chef!”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Dined here Sunday Oct 28 2013 ~
1) Seated promptly
2) Excellent and prompt server, Ryan
3) The prime rib was cooked exactly as ordered, lean enough and tender throughout (tough job for a medium steak!) The shrimp stuffing was very tasty.
4) The Lemon Chicken was tender, juicy, flavorful meat, fresh veggies, the right amount of lemon, and the pasta was perfectly steaming al dente.
5) The seasonal offering of Opa Opa was icy cold.
6) On a cold fall day, the place was cozy warm, and we'll be returning guests.

Groupon has offers on the Brewmaster from time to time. I recommend this place for a really enjoyable meal, good service, nice atmosphere.

Belchertown, Massachusetts
“Well worth the trip to Williamsburg”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

My husband and I have dined two times this month at this restaurant, going each time with another couple. We were going for the food, but also to enjoy the company of our friends. When we go to a nice restaurant, we are not in a hurry and do not like to be rushed. Both times all of us enjoyed our meals. A variety of food was ordered from pasta to turkey to filet to lamb shanks. Everything was excellent. We enjoyed trying several of the Opa Opa beers. If you like any, get a growler. The price is very reasonable. We are looking forward to a return trip soon. This might be a new favorite for us.

Conway, Massachusetts
“Pretty good food but horrible service!”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Took my wife and her Mom out to dinner on Tuesday night. Restaurant and Bar were fairly busy for a Tuesday night. We were greeted very nicely by the Hostess and were seated right away. Our waitress came over to the table after about 10 minutes. She was friendly, and took our drink orders, promised to bring us rolls "very soon''. She took the drink orders from a table next to us, then disappeared for 15 minutes. Our drinks finally came out, no rolls. Before we could ask for the rolls, she bolted off, not to be seen again for 20 more minutes when our food came out. When she brought the food, she stated that "the food came out so quickly I did not have time to get you the rolls". Seriously. We all asked for ice water and the rolls. 10 minutes later, she brings the ice water and rolls. 10 Minutes! She kept disappearing....I mean.....we could not see her in the restaurant and the place is pretty open. Was she hanging out in the kitchen?? Who knows, but it was extremely annoying. We finished our dinner and sat there another 10 minutes before she came out, cleared out plates and took a dessert order from us. My wife ordered 1 dessert for her and her Mom to share. 15 minutes later......she brings out our dessert, along with the dessert for the table next to us. Really. We sat down to eat at 6:00 p.m. We left the restaurant at 7:45. My wife and I had the meatloaf and my Mother-in-law had the baked haddock. The food was very good. Price was reasonable. Service was awful. There was no one "circulating" to check on tables, to see if anyone needed more water, rolls, etc. The waitresses would come to the table and then....just....disappear! I read several other reviews before I wrote this one, and I notice the Service thing popping up in many of them. Someone must not be training the staff properly? Our waitress was friendly enough, as was the hostess and the other waitstaff that we observed, but how hard is it to get food to the table on time, and then come back with the bill? I'll think twice about going there again.

5 Thank TJCjr413
Westfield, Massachusetts
“Good beer, not so great food.”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

It is sad that such a great looking restaurant has mediocre food. Ive been on a few different occasions to give it a try and disappointed each time.

Visited August 2013