“Not very impressed”
Review of The Orchards Hotel

The Orchards Hotel
Ranked #6 of 13 Hotels in Williamstown
Reviewed 29 April 2008

My husband and I stayed here for one night to see the Remington Exhibit at The Clark. I had read the reviews at Trip Advisor and thought we'd really enjoy it, but it wasn't what we expected. We usually stay at boutique hotels or B&Bs and thought that was what we would be getting, but it is just another standard hotel with good advertising. We booked directly with the hotel and got the rack rate and expected a nice room. What we got was a room that needs updating, particularly the rusty baseboards evident in the bathroom and the beat up (not antique - just outdated and awful looking) tv cabinet that housed a small tv in this huge cabinet. Since we had driven several hours, we decided to have dinner at the hotel, but had read that the restaurant was not well rated. The restaurant was terrible. I ordered their pork loin, which I had to send back because it was raw inside - not pink, but actually raw meat - when it came out the second time and I cut into it, it was still raw and I had to order something else. By this time my husband had already finished his meal, so it wasn't a very enjoyable dining experience. To be fair, the restaurant didn't charge us for my entree and gave us a complimentary dessert, but it made for a stressful meal. I would never stay at this property again. It's right on busy Rte 2 and there is nothing scenic about the view.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 31 March 2008

We drove from the northern suburbs of Philadelphia and arrived early in the evening. Charming describes the atmosphere of the entire hotel. We stayed in a courtyard king deluxe room that looked exactly as the website portrays. It was lovely, spacious and clean. The lighting in the room and the bathroom created a very romantic atmosphere. It had the charm of a B&B with the quality ammenities of an upscale hotel. There were apples, candy and chococlate chip cookies in the room waiting for us upon check-in. We enjoyed a delicious dinner and breakfast at the Gala Restaurant during our stay.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled on business
1  Thank deedee130
Reviewed 31 March 2008

We had a wonderful weekend stay at the Orchards. We were on the first floor and did hear some heavy walkers above us, but all in all, we had a wonderful stay. Wish we would have been around for dinner at the Gala restaurant, but the 2 breakfasts were amazing. All staff members were very gracious. Bed was too firm for our taste, but the in-room fireplace made up for it! We would definitely return to this jewel.

Stayed: March 2008
1  Thank thePAquilter
Reviewed 16 March 2008

Every year my boyfriend and I head to Massachusetts for our annual Jiminy Peak snowboarding trip. This year we decided to try out the Orchards Hotel. And we were not disappointed! The hotel was beautifully decorated. We booked the Courtyard Deluxe King Room. The pictures on the website looked exactly like the room we had. No lies. Even better actually. The room was spacious, the bed was comfortable, the bathroom was large and clean. Flat screen tv was a bonus too! They left us with an apple, some chocolate candy, and chocolate chip cookies which was very nice and welcoming. Room service was fast and friendly, the creme brulee was delicious!!! Didnt eat at the restaurant in the hotel. First night we went to Michaels across the street since we arrived later than expected. I dont recommend going there. Service was nice, but the food wasnt so good. The second night we went to Isabellas down the road and that was scrumptious!!! I defintiely encourage anyone staying at the Orchards to go there one night for dinner. Especially if you like italian food. The hotel was a bit far from our destination, Jiminy Peak but it gave us an excuse to explore the area. And the Moonlight Diner has the best breakfast ever!! Went there both mornings and was pleasantly surprised!!! Overall we had a great experience at the Orchards!! I would recommend it and I would definitely go back.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank nfox3575
Reviewed 9 March 2008

My son and I spent the night here when he was visiting Williams College. Very nice place, Huge room and bathroom , comfortable beds, great breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank adamks
Reviewed 15 February 2008

Just stayed here for a ski weekend and could not have been happier. The staff was helpful, friendly and went out of their way to make our stay comfortable. We also had a terrific meal in the restaurant. Am already planning our next trip.

Stayed: January 2008
1  Thank travelcat77
Reviewed 11 February 2008

My wife and I were thrilled with our "Date Night" package at the Orchards. Every employee we had contact with was pleasant and helpful. The room was twice the size of a standard hotel room, tastefully decorated, immaculately clean, with a fireplace and HDTV. The bathroom fixtures were dated but the bathroom was roomy with a seperate shower and again very clean. We had an excellent meal at the Gala restaurant. (included in the package except for alcohol). Breakfast was served in our room. (also included) We thought there would be limits on the menu items allowed at the meals but there were none. Order anything from the menu for the meals and it is included. What a nice surprise.
Setting: Hotel room approx 8:30 pm, A knock at the door.
Wife: "Who could that be?"
Me: "I don't know dear, let me investigate."
I open the door and am greeted by a young woman
"Would you like some cookies?" She asks motioning towards two large fresh chocolate chip cookies on the plate she is holding.
"Who wouldn't want cookies" I reply.
Unexpected but very pleasant. I think that about says it all.

• Stayed: February 2008
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williamstown
The Williams Inn
Hampton Inn & Suites Berkshires-Lenox
Berkshire Hills Country Inn
Berkshire Hills Country Inn
#4 of 13 in Williamstown

Been to The Orchards Hotel? Share your experiences!