“enjoyed our stay here”

Williamstown Motel
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Williamstown
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We were looking for a reasonably priced place to stay on a short 3 day vacation. Williamstown Motel is about a 10 minute drive to Mass MoCA, a 5 minute drive to the Williams College Museum, 10 minutes to the entrance of Mt Greylock, very close to some wonderful places to eat, and about 40 minutes to Tanglewood. The room was pleasant and comfortable. Dorm style fridge, microwave, and coffee pot. I have been to many mid size/price motels that offer a complimentary breakfast and this place goes over the usual - bagles, English muffins, cereals, yogurt, whole grain toast, a variety of fresh fruit, biscotti, juice & coffee. The owners were very friendly and helpful. We were not looking for a $300/NT resort - just a clean, safe pleasant place to stay that was close to where we wanted to go. This was perfect for us - will return in the fall.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank janet c
williamstownmotel, Owner at Williamstown Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Janet,

We really appreciate your having reported positive feedback following your stay at the Williamstown Motel--and we thank you for supporting our small, family-run business.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Basic reasonable 1960s motel. Run by nice family. Standard room VERY small. Cleaning marginal. Token breakfast . But price is right. Handy location . Just consider what you need for your lodging...not a destination resort.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Scoot C

Reviewed 2 July 2014

The rooms are clean and well maintained, the staff all members of a East Asian family very helpful and constantly asking for your comfort. They even reversed with no problem a charge to my credit card for another night made by me by my own mistake. The breakfast is nothing worth and is better any diner a few miles on the way. I don't know what the former review about the "owners smell" is talking about but is clearly racist, offensive and derogatory. Those asians are doing quite a good job providing rest for the on the road travelers.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 30 June 2014

reserved two rooms for 4 of us hiking on the Appalachian Trail, nice clean rooms, friendly helpful staff, front desk recommended a close restaurant that gave hiker discounts, owner provided shuttle service to the trail head, quick response to email. Would stay here again when in the area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank hiker_brad

Reviewed 29 June 2014

I booked this motel for one night to take my son to visit Williams College. Since it was rated number 2 on Tripadvisor website and only a mile from the college, I thought it would be OK. However, the distinguish odor in the motel was very unpleasant. We only took the needed cloths inside. I don't want to my luggage gets this scent. Ice was scooped from an igloo, and breakfast was store bought plastic bag sealed doughnut and pastries plus coffee and juice. We did not eat there. It's not worth $100 a night. I would not recommend this motel to anyone and definitely will not stay there next time.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank CalifornianMa

We don't have no record of this guest staying at our property and all the facts given in this review are inaccurate. We were never rated no.2 on TripAdvisor. In our breakfast we serve
Different types of Bagels
Breads
English muffins with creme cheese butter and jelly.
Apple and orange juice
Two different cereals
Fruits (Apple, banana)
Yogurt.
Donuts
Muffins and other breakfast goodies

This review is either posted for wrong location by mistake or an review from competitors.

Thanks,

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Overall it was a really nice experience. Owners and staff were delightful. The room was small but adequate. Bed was not so comfy and I would recommend a little more detail to cleaning, a lot of dust on the windows, a hair in the shower. Breakfast in the office consisted of cereal, bagels, muffins, fresh coffee and juice. From what I could tell it is a family owned business which I love to support. I thought the price was fair and I would stay again. Keep making improvements!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank pamnbrie

Dear Guest,

We really appreciate your having reported your feedback following your stay at the Williamstown Motel--and we thank you for supporting our small, family-run business. We look forward to welcoming you again!

Reviewed 24 June 2014

We were in town to drop our children off for summer camp. My husband travels quite a bit and has become a hotel snob:) He kept saying I should have discussed booking a place to stay with him and that we could have stayed in a big city nearby at the Hilton and my children kept asking me "are you sure about this?" when they heard him talking to me. I stood firm and told them all to relax. As soon as we entered the room at the Williamstown Motel my husband made a comment about it being nice and my son told me later "Mom, we want to let you know that you chose a good place." Ashwin the owner was very friendly and accommodating even though we arrived very late at night. I had called ahead to let them know about our arrival time and he was not the least bit troubled by it. Their breakfast was very good and very filling - the whole family was very happy. We highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Joyce T
williamstownmotel, Manager at Williamstown Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear Joyce,

Ashwan

Also consider these accommodations in or near Williamstown
The Williams Inn
#1 of 13 in Williamstown
Willows Motel
Willows Motel
#2 of 13 in Williamstown

Been to Williamstown Motel? Share your experiences!