“I hate to say anything bad about this place.”
Review of Williamstown Motel

Williamstown Motel
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Williamstown
GreenLeadersSilver level
Brooklyn, New York
“I hate to say anything bad about this place.”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I hate to say anything bad about this place because the owners were delightful and helpful, the room was really clean, breakfast was better than we expected from a motel (there were fresh strawberries to go with the cereal), and the decor was more than nice enough. Though the room was small, it was OK. But here's the problem - what really matters is the bed, and I am compelled to say that it was the worst mattress my wife and I have slept on in a great many years, and that includes an extensive amount of traveling. I couldn't get comfortable and it took until the wee hours of the morning before I finally fell asleep from sheer exhaustion. (In the morning, my wife confirmed that though her side of the bed wasn't great, my side was worse.) Unfortunately, we were a very late arrival, and by then the office was closed. Knowing we going to a concert at Tanglewood, at least half an hour away, the owners had, considerately, called us to say that we would probably not arrive before the office closed, so, just in case, they would leave the door to the room open and leave the key inside. Had we arrived earlier and laid down on the bed in time, we could have asked for another room, as perhaps not all the beds are like this. Judging from the other reviews, I'm guessing that this is an exception. So, travelers, I call your attention to the condition of the mattress in room #7. Avoid it, and ask for another room. And I urge the management to replace this mattress, as it was so bad we left after the first night of a two-night non-refundable reservation. This is a correctable problem, and I would have much preferred to write a glowing review for the very nice people who own and run this place.

Room Tip: Avoid room 7 until they replace the mattress.
1 Thank Allen Z
williamstownmotel, Owner at Williamstown Motel, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear Guest,

I would begin my response by apologizing for the inconvenience caused during your stay with us. We have fixed this problem by replacing all the one queen bed room mattress with new ones. You will not have this problem on your next visit.

We really appreciate your having reported feedback following your stay at the Williamstown Motel. This helps us make improvements. We thank you for supporting our small, family-run business and I learned a lot about Brooklyn while chatting with you over the breakfast.

Ashwan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
West Nyack, New York, United States
Reviewed 25 July 2014

I can't describe myself as a budget traveller, but on this one night trip to pick up my son at tennis camp at Williams College, I was looking to do the trip on the cheap. Needless to say, I was concerned about what I would get in a motel that cost about $100.00 a night during the summer season. I needn't have been. The friendly staff, clean room and generous breakfast all added up to a most enjoyable stay. Yes, the motel dates from the 50s, but the family is working hard to update the rooms and keep the property well-tended. The location is convenient to Williams College. Although located on Route 2, our room was quiet with no road noise audible. I definitely recommend this hotel. Pair it with a delicious dinner (at 10 percent discount) at Spice Root Indian restaurant on Spring Street. Some of the best Indian food I have ever had! I was proud of myself for putting together this little excursion on a small budget.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms 11 through 16. They are farthest from the road.
Dear Guest,

We really appreciate your having reported positive feedback following your stay at the Williamstown Motel--and we thank you for supporting our small, family-run business.

Eastern Shore, MD
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed 3 nights there and wish we had stayed much longer. Our room was quite comfortable and the family owners were most hospitable. The breakfast is good. For one dinner we purchased take-out at the excellent market across the street.
We enjoyed the Williamstown Theater, the Clark art museum, and the Williams College art museum. We also drove south to Shakespeare and Company theater and a musical performance at Tanglewood in Lenox.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank smittyhatboro

Portland, Maine
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

The manager of the Williamstown Motel goes out of his way to present a warm and welcoming establishment. We spent some time calling varous Williamstown hotels but they all seem to fall into 1 of 2 chategories: fairly run down or way too expensive. This hotel, however, is reasonably priced but also clean, inviting and comfortable. The staff make every effort to ensure that you are well taken care of. We plan to stay here again the next time we are in Williamstown.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Stuart A

Chicago
Reviewed 17 July 2014

The motel is family owned and they take great care of their guests and friendly. We made a large group booking at the motel with more than 30 guests, and all of them were happy with the cleanliness and the breakfast.

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank emailnotebox

Middlebury, Vermont
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I guess I was expecting more. Yes, the owners are nice but bottom line is that there is a cheap disinfectant smell, there were spiders and spider webs in the shower and the beds are not that comfortable. Wireless is free so that's good and everyone was nice. If I were hiking, it would be perfect, but for anyone used to normal hotels, this is VERY basic.

2 Thank VTwelltravelled
Dear Guest,

I really apologize fro the inconvenience caused during your stay. We go an extra mile to provide clean and comfortable stay to all our guests. As discussed over the phone with you, please give us another chance and you wont have the same feedback for your next stay.

We really appreciate feedback following your stay at the Williamstown Motel--and we thank you for supporting our small, family-run business.

Acton, Massachusetts
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We were looking for a reasonably priced place to stay on a short 3 day vacation. Williamstown Motel is about a 10 minute drive to Mass MoCA, a 5 minute drive to the Williams College Museum, 10 minutes to the entrance of Mt Greylock, very close to some wonderful places to eat, and about 40 minutes to Tanglewood. The room was pleasant and comfortable. Dorm style fridge, microwave, and coffee pot. I have been to many mid size/price motels that offer a complimentary breakfast and this place goes over the usual - bagles, English muffins, cereals, yogurt, whole grain toast, a variety of fresh fruit, biscotti, juice & coffee. The owners were very friendly and helpful. We were not looking for a $300/NT resort - just a clean, safe pleasant place to stay that was close to where we wanted to go. This was perfect for us - will return in the fall.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank janet c
Dear Janet,

Ashwan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williamstown
The Williams Inn
#2 of 13 in Williamstown
MAPLE TERRACE MOTEL
MAPLE TERRACE MOTEL
#3 of 13 in Williamstown

Been to Williamstown Motel? Share your experiences!