“Lovely”

Williamstown Motel
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Williamstown
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

People very polite, very good location, not so far from the center of Williamstown. The room was wide, well furnished and very clean. The breakfast was satisfying and served in a familiar ambient. We absolutely suggest to stop here to appreciate the wonderful landscape and the magic athmosphere of the Berkshires.
Massi e Sissi... On the road!!!!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Lady_Diamante
williamstownmotel, Owner at Williamstown Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Simona Maria,

We really appreciate your having reported positive feedback following your stay at the Williamstown Motel--and we thank you for supporting our small, family-run business.

Grazie

Reviewed 9 August 2014

I enjoyed my experience here. I got a recommendation to stay here from local person, and was told to call Ashwan and he is very nice. That is true. Ashwan scheduled my rooms with ease, and clarity. When I met him in person, it was like seeing an old friend! I've never had an experience with a hotel manager like that where I feel connected to the owners even before I set foot on the property. It was a nice feeling. The price might he a little higher for a motel of that quality, though I understand the area of Williamstown might be pricey so they can charge more, plus the room has soaps if you want them. The hotel itself was nice and clean. Some rust around the shower fixtures and there was a window on the right wall above the shower stall which was different. The air conditioning kept the room cold, maybe too cold, and we couldn't figure out how to easily turn it down. TV in room. The breakfast provided for free in morning was great - dunkin donuts donuts, yogurts, fruit (the apple I had didn't taste very good maybe it was stored next to donuts because it tasted like Oreo donut!), there was orange juice and cups which was nice. Ashwan was welcoming even in the mornings. We had nice conversation with Ashwan when I first arrived. His father is nice too, and he was looking us in the eye and saying hello whenever we saw him. The taxes sound high for room rentals in this area, but my perception is based on my own ideas about taxes so it's not objective assessment. Overall this place is great value and I totally suggest it! Convenient location near Williams College and the shops in Williamstown too.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Reviewsandthoughts
williamstownmotel, Manager at Williamstown Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Reviewed 6 August 2014

We recently spent 2 nights here and were very happy with the place. It's not fancy, but was clean, comfortable, and cozy. I was surprised our room (#10) had a kitchen (full-size fridge, stovetop, microwave, coffee maker, dishes, pots/pans) as well as two queen-sized beds, tv, bathroom. It was like staying in a small studio apartment. The motel's about a mile from Williamstown Theatre Festival and we could easily walk there (about 20-25 minutes). It's also easy to call a cab. Best of all, though, are the owners. Ashwan and his family were absolutely wonderful. Warm, friendly, and generous. Answered all our questions, made us feel at home - even drove us to the bus when we were leaving. We'd definitely stay there again just because they're such nice people!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Susan S

Dear Susan,

Reviewed 3 August 2014

This motel is conveniently located between North Adams and Williamstown. Rooms are simply furnished and very clean. The real highlight of any stay is Ashwan, who absolutely brims with knowledge about and enthusiasm for the area. He won't steer you wrong about places to see and where to eat.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank yperil

Dear Guest,

I love Williamstown and try to share whatever information I have with our Guests. I really appreciate your having reported positive feedback following your stay at the Williamstown Motel--and I thank you for supporting our small, family-run business.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

We recently visited Williamstown for the Theater Festival. It is difficult to find a room for just one night. Last year we stayed one night at the Howard Johnson's which is a complete disaster. So we were very pleasantly surprised with our stay this year at the Williamstown Motel. Now I must say that we stayed in one of their newly renovated room - Room #3. It was clean, nicely decorated, the bed was very comfortable, there was an in-room coffee set-up and an iron and board. This is not a luxury hotel, obviously, but for what we needed it was perfect and reasonably priced. Also, the manager and owner, Ashwan, is a gem. We had breakfast (which was very adequate) in their small reception area and he greeted everyone who came in with a huge smile and welcome. He offered tips on the area and anything we needed he provided. He even offered another guest a car ride to the bus. All in all, highly recommended for short stays. We will be returning next year.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank johnjT1670TF

Dear John,

We look forward to welcoming you again next year and hope you can take advantage of our discounted theater stay and ticket package.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

This motel is very quaint and the owner is very friendly. Our room was lovely, private and clean, however the mattress needs replacing as my husband and I both kept rolling into the middle. The motel is very convenient to the Williamstown Theater Festival and the owner was most helpful in obtaining tickets for us for a Saturday night performance and in recommending restaurants in the town. We would definately book a room here again!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank EllenR25

Dear Ellen,

I really apologize for the inconvenience due to the bed but, we have replaced all the one queen room mattress with new ones. You will not have this problem again.

I really appreciate your having reported positive feedback following your stay at the Williamstown Motel--and thank you for supporting our small, family-run business. I am glad that you were able to take advantage of our discounted stay and theater ticket package.

Reviewed 28 July 2014

I hate to say anything bad about this place because the owners were delightful and helpful, the room was really clean, breakfast was better than we expected from a motel (there were fresh strawberries to go with the cereal), and the decor was more than nice enough. Though the room was small, it was OK. But here's the problem - what really matters is the bed, and I am compelled to say that it was the worst mattress my wife and I have slept on in a great many years, and that includes an extensive amount of traveling. I couldn't get comfortable and it took until the wee hours of the morning before I finally fell asleep from sheer exhaustion. (In the morning, my wife confirmed that though her side of the bed wasn't great, my side was worse.) Unfortunately, we were a very late arrival, and by then the office was closed. Knowing we going to a concert at Tanglewood, at least half an hour away, the owners had, considerately, called us to say that we would probably not arrive before the office closed, so, just in case, they would leave the door to the room open and leave the key inside. Had we arrived earlier and laid down on the bed in time, we could have asked for another room, as perhaps not all the beds are like this. Judging from the other reviews, I'm guessing that this is an exception. So, travelers, I call your attention to the condition of the mattress in room #7. Avoid it, and ask for another room. And I urge the management to replace this mattress, as it was so bad we left after the first night of a two-night non-refundable reservation. This is a correctable problem, and I would have much preferred to write a glowing review for the very nice people who own and run this place.

Room Tip: Avoid room 7 until they replace the mattress.