“Hops and Vines are hopping!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 47 Restaurants in Williamstown
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Bar, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar Scene, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Main Street
Description: Located in scenic Williamstown, in the heart of the Berkshires, Hops and Vines features both casual and formal dining rooms. The "Hops" beer garden provides a classic beer garden experience with an approachable, casual environment perfect for family style seating or group dining. The "Vines" Brasserie is a formal dining room with comfortable, elegant seating and top level service. Hops & Vines offers modern takes on comfort food with exciting twists on classically inspired French Brasserie Cuisine in a New American Menu. Complementing our cuisine - is a full bar, specialty cocktails, craft beers on draught and a discerning wine list. For a one of a kind dining experience, step in to our Chef's Tasting Room and dine at our Chef's Table where our Executive Chef,will create unique pairings of food and wine.
Southport, CT
“Hops and Vines are hopping!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Dinner is usually very good and after-theatre snacks can be as much as a full-meal or as little as one chooses.

Visited July 2014

Saratoga NY
“nice oasis”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

Hubby and I were at the renovated Clark Institute, where the cafes on premises were too busy and running out of fare on a busy July afternoon. We left, intending to return to the museum (which we did). We happened on Hops and Vines. We shared a sandwich and salad, and had some nice wine by the glass. The service was perfect, (though it was not busy). The food was wonderfully prepared with excellent ingredients. We enjoyed our repast before returning to the museum to see more beautiful art.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank fairgal
Salem, Massachusetts
“Beautiful Garden Dining”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2014

My wife and I shared a lovely lunch in the garden, while everyone else was inside—go figure! I had the tuna salad. She had the beet salad. And we both enjoyed delicious local beers. Even passed the time reading books from the lobby. Service was friendly and efficient and we would definitely go back.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Marcellus, New York
“Overall positive experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

The restaurant was attractive and for a slow day in Williamstown, seemed pretty busy. The bar was modern, comfortable and there is a fantastic bartender. The food, for the most part was excellent. We found a bad oyster (PEI) but I'm pretty sure the kitchen can't control that (even though it put us off eating the rest). I didn't care that much for the waitress, passive to the point of not explaining anything on the menu and sneaking up behind us to pull empty plates away. In retrospect, it is funny, hands suddenly flying in front of your face. The wine was way overpriced, 64 dollars for a bottle of sancerre that Liquor City sells for $11.99? The dessert was horrible and we didn't even try to eat it. Now, I know that you think I only have complaints but that isn't the way it was at all. We enjoyed the restaurant, the bar, the atmosphere - for the most part everything except a single oyster and a pretty bad dessert. I would go to eat there again if I returned to Williamstown. One more thing, the bar makes the best martini I have ever had in my life: Pear Martini - Grey Goose Poire, Elderflower liquer and champagne on top. Loved it!!!

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Chicago
“Great find.....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Here visiting for the day, we went with locals for a light supper and had a great time. Attentive and knowledgable staff, we enjoyed well presented drinks and chose from the bar menu.

5 steak frites were tasty, well cooked and nicely accompanied by salad or fries..... I had the burger- excellent choice- a parmesian crisp on the burger was a nice twist.

As a guest, I didn't feel the pain of a 17 buck burger...... But I really enjoyed the staff, setting and food!