This was the 2nd time we stayed here - the 1st time was last winter, and have to say that this time around was much better. The first stay - we had a room in the rear of the annex...the hallway we had to go through to get to the room reeked of something so awful, we didn't even want to contemplate it's source. We literally held our breath each time we had to go through it. The room didn't smell all that much better, but it was more tolerable. The room had obviously not been thourghly cleaned in sometime, judging by the dust and stains we found on various objects around the room (and the carpet). But seeing as it was late and we were tired...it sufficed for the night.
This time around, we came back through the town and recalled the motel with shudders and made a pact to avoid it...we couldn't recall the name...but I called around looking for a room for the night - found one and booked and paid for it over the phone. When we arrived...we busted out laughing realizing it was the very same motel (so much for the pact). We got the key and also realized he had put us in the same annex building as last time...thankfully this room was in the front of the building this time around. We held back our whimpers of fear and opened the door - and thank god - a clean and fresh smelling room awaited us. It was basic and a bit threadbare...but it was clean. The TV worked, the AC/heater worked (slightly noisy and erratic), bathroom was huge but bright and clean. The early morning maids in neighboring rooms were extremely loud however (can you maybe wait until perhaps 8:00am before you start slamming doors and vaccuming? Esspecially on the weekends...yawn!). But all in all it was decent. Inexpensive, basic, centrally located....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Howard Johnson Express Inn hotel in Williamstown, Massachusetts is surrounded by the scenic Berkshires Mountains and offers clean and comfortable accommodations with best services and amenities. This hotel near Williams College in Williamstown, Massachusetts is completely renovated and offers spacious rooms & suites with several amenities such as free high speed Wi-Fi internet, free continental breakfast, free access to business center, wheelchair accessible rooms, free handicap parking, cable TV with HBO and a beautiful outdoor pool with a scenic mountain view; best of Williamstown, MA Hotels. This Williamstown, MA Motel is conveniently located near Williams College, Chapin Library, Williamstown Theatre Festival and Sterling and Francis Clark Art Institute. At Howard Johnson Free continental breakfast is served daily and it comes with great healthy breakfast choices ranging from coffee and fruit juices, to cereals and a variety of freshly baked goods. There are more than 30 restaurants serving fine dining are located within 2 miles from this hotel Garden picnic area and long, quiet walking trail is located at the back of the main building. Also, we offer computer with internet access in the lobby area for guest use. Check-in time is 3 pm, check-out time is 11 am and pets are not allowed at this hotel. Howard Johnson is so perfectly located that Williams College is only one mile away and it is a perfect get away if you are going to Tanglewood. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Howard Johnson Williamstown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Williamstown Hotel Williamstown
- Williamstown Howard Johnson