We are not HJ fans (not that we have stayed in many HJs but we have read many negative reviews over the years that ‘put you off’). However this was the best ‘coupon’ buy in Williamstown at a total cost of $60.30 (at that price you don’t expect too much!). We could have even have got a cheaper room but wanted a microwave.
We were placed in a newer unit on ground floor level, right side of the property. Our one window looked out to the rear (pool side). The room was spacious with a safe, microwave, fridge, lots of drawer and hanging space, a desk, easy chair and ottoman and it has good lighting. The heater/cooler kept us warm. The bathroom was okay, the hot water took forever to flow hot but once it arrived it was fine. The shower over the bath had a nice gentle flow. An extra pillow was supplied on request. The unit was very clean and the gardens around the motel very tidy (see photo).
Other motel occupants appeared to be ‘semi permanent’ workmen, some sitting out on upper decks, drinking, smoking etc. Not the nicest atmosphere and overnight some car and voice noise, it was a Friday night. No one bothered us at all.
Breakfast in the rundown dining room by the Reception was better than expected. Basic muffins make your own waffles, cereals – choice of two, fruit juice – choice of two. For what we were paying we considered it very good.
Williamstown was a pleasant town with attractive college buildings and churches. W were there to visit the Sterling & Francine Clark Art Institute – wonderful, don’t miss it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Howard Johnson Express Inn hotel in Williamstown, Massachusetts is surrounded by the scenic Berkshires Mountains and offers clean and comfortable accommodations with best services and amenities. This hotel near Williams College in Williamstown, Massachusetts is completely renovated and offers spacious rooms & suites with several amenities such as free high speed Wi-Fi internet, free continental breakfast, free access to business center, wheelchair accessible rooms, free handicap parking, cable TV with HBO and a beautiful outdoor pool with a scenic mountain view; best of Williamstown, MA Hotels. This Williamstown, MA Motel is conveniently located near Williams College, Chapin Library, Williamstown Theatre Festival and Sterling and Francis Clark Art Institute. At Howard Johnson Free continental breakfast is served daily and it comes with great healthy breakfast choices ranging from coffee and fruit juices, to cereals and a variety of freshly baked goods. There are more than 30 restaurants serving fine dining are located within 2 miles from this hotel Garden picnic area and long, quiet walking trail is located at the back of the main building. Also, we offer computer with internet access in the lobby area for guest use. Check-in time is 3 pm, check-out time is 11 am and pets are not allowed at this hotel. Howard Johnson is so perfectly located that Williams College is only one mile away and it is a perfect get away if you are going to Tanglewood. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travel Republic (UK), getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Howard Johnson Williamstown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Williamstown Hotel Williamstown
- Williamstown Howard Johnson