“Great value; nice stay”

MAPLE TERRACE MOTEL
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Williamstown
Reviewed 20 November 2008

I stayed here just one night, but it was just as reviews had described. The rooms are set back from the main road, and there is no traffic noise at all. My room was clean, neat, and well-equipped, with refrigerator, VCR, DVD player, and usual bathroom amenities. The staff of the inn are helpful and courteous. The location is very close to Williams College, which is a main attraction in the town. Price was way less than I expected to pay almost anywhere these days, and I got way more than I would have expected even at a higher price. This is a very comfortable place if you are looking for just a room. There is an outdoor pool, but it is not available in bad weather, of course. Overall, a great value and a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled solo

Reviewed 14 November 2008

4 of us met from 3 corners of the eastern US to go hiking in the area and found this great little place to be clean, roomy, pleasant and the innkeepers were very helpful in helping us find a good movie : ) We will definitely return!

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with friends
1  Thank Hike-Happy-Hon
Reviewed 27 July 2008

Great curb apeal, beutyful garden, excellent pool area

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2008

Maple Terrace is a wonderful place to stay. My husband and I have been coming here for years, and we just love it. The rooms are not fancy, but they are spotless and a great value for the price. The motel is close enough to the Williams campus to walk, and the grounds of the motel itself are lovely. Many raves for the owners, who are always friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 April 2008

If you want to stay in a quiet, very well maintained, reasonably priced place within a stone's throw of the Williams' campus, look no further.

I took my daughter to the Williams Preview Weekend and, based upon the reviews here, chose this motel. I booked two rooms for two nights. When I learned that my daughter was invited to spend the second night in the dorm, I informed the innkeeper. Altho this was an extremely busy weekend, she went to the trouble of finding someone else at the last minute to spare me from paying for a room I no longer needed. Indeed, my daughter left two articles in her room and they were carefully placed in my room.

Stayed: April 2008
1  Thank Truesdell
Reviewed 2 March 2008

Sometimes when you book a motel or hotel online, you see pictures that make the place look very nice and wonder if they have been doctored up. The photos of Maple Terrace on their website are true to life. This is possibly the cleanest room I have ever stayed in. The rooms are small, but very adequate and very clean!

In addition, the Innkeepers provided excellent local restaurant suggestions, were incredibly friendly, have an environmental policy they stick to, and make wonderful blueberry pound cake for a breakfast treat. You will enjoy this quaint yet bustling college town, especially if you stay at the Maple Terrace.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
1  Thank top20view
Reviewed 26 February 2008

My wife and I were trying to plan a last minute weekend trip and we were looking for a comfortable and affordable place to stay the night. This place fit the bill perfectly. The location was very convenient: right off Rt 2, but without traffic noise and close to Williams college. We did not get a chance to explore the grounds, but had a pleasant view of farmland from our back window. We found the owner to be amiable and helpful, assisting us in finding a place to do a little skiing. The room was not large, but was pleasantly furnished and spotlessly clean. The bathroom fixtures were modern and worked well. All in all we had a very pleasant stay at a very reasonable price.

• Stayed: February 2008
1  Thank rpeacock
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williamstown
The Orchards Hotel
#2 of 3 in North Adams
Willows Motel
Willows Motel
#2 of 13 in Williamstown

Been to MAPLE TERRACE MOTEL? Share your experiences!