“A great motel with great owners”

MAPLE TERRACE MOTEL
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Williamstown
Reviewed 25 January 2009

It's funny, yet sad, the previous review was so scurrilous. I have stayed many times at the Maple Terrace over the years, since way before Anne and Kjell (pronounced Shell) bought the place. Kjell and I talked about their great reviews onTrip Advisor just a week ago when I checked in. I mentioned that I was going to add yet another one when I got back home now that I had begun to offer my views to TA. It's obvious he didn't read what the recent mad traveler wrote. The Maple Terrace is consistently a great place to stay, with wonderful, friendly Swedish owners. The grounds are always beautiful and well-kept. The price is a better value than other nearby nice places. I am not saying any place ever pleases people 100%, but this place has pleased me and my family 100% over the last two decades. Please discount a review so obviously counter to what the rest of us describe.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled solo
2  Thank berkshiredawg

Reviewed 6 January 2009

We stayed at this motel while visiting Williams College. We had a couple of very strange experiences (we only stayed one night!) with the man who runs this place and although he did end up apologizing and not charging us for our room I will still never return to this place.

• Stayed: November 2008
3  Thank TownGirl808
Reviewed 20 November 2008

I stayed here just one night, but it was just as reviews had described. The rooms are set back from the main road, and there is no traffic noise at all. My room was clean, neat, and well-equipped, with refrigerator, VCR, DVD player, and usual bathroom amenities. The staff of the inn are helpful and courteous. The location is very close to Williams College, which is a main attraction in the town. Price was way less than I expected to pay almost anywhere these days, and I got way more than I would have expected even at a higher price. This is a very comfortable place if you are looking for just a room. There is an outdoor pool, but it is not available in bad weather, of course. Overall, a great value and a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: November 2008, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 November 2008

4 of us met from 3 corners of the eastern US to go hiking in the area and found this great little place to be clean, roomy, pleasant and the innkeepers were very helpful in helping us find a good movie : ) We will definitely return!

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with friends
1  Thank Hike-Happy-Hon
Reviewed 27 July 2008

Great curb apeal, beutyful garden, excellent pool area

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2008

Maple Terrace is a wonderful place to stay. My husband and I have been coming here for years, and we just love it. The rooms are not fancy, but they are spotless and a great value for the price. The motel is close enough to the Williams campus to walk, and the grounds of the motel itself are lovely. Many raves for the owners, who are always friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 April 2008

If you want to stay in a quiet, very well maintained, reasonably priced place within a stone's throw of the Williams' campus, look no further.

I took my daughter to the Williams Preview Weekend and, based upon the reviews here, chose this motel. I booked two rooms for two nights. When I learned that my daughter was invited to spend the second night in the dorm, I informed the innkeeper. Altho this was an extremely busy weekend, she went to the trouble of finding someone else at the last minute to spare me from paying for a room I no longer needed. Indeed, my daughter left two articles in her room and they were carefully placed in my room.

Stayed: April 2008
1  Thank Truesdell
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williamstown
1 mi away
#2 of 3 in North Adams
Williamstown Motel
Williamstown Motel
#3 of 13 in Williamstown

Been to MAPLE TERRACE MOTEL? Share your experiences!