“Beautiful College Town”

Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Williamstown
worcestershire
“Beautiful College Town”
Reviewed 26 February 2009

Williamstown is a beautiful college town with some good (but not great) skiing close by.
The motel has well proportioned, clean rooms but their 'small continental breakfast' is just that - orange juice, coffee or tea and a slice of cake (yes! cake). We went to this hotel because we thought having breakfast meant getting an early start on the slopes but no chance. We ended up eating Dunkin' Donuts' breakfasts!

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank WorcestershireAnnie

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Alaska
Reviewed 26 February 2009

My husband and I stayed here in one of their apartments. What a find! For the price of a regular hotel room we got two rooms plus a fully equipped kitchen so we could bring some home-cooking to a homesick college student! The inn-keepers were very pleasant, the room was clean and comfortable. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
Sandy Springs, GA
Reviewed 25 January 2009

It's funny, yet sad, the previous review was so scurrilous. I have stayed many times at the Maple Terrace over the years, since way before Anne and Kjell (pronounced Shell) bought the place. Kjell and I talked about their great reviews onTrip Advisor just a week ago when I checked in. I mentioned that I was going to add yet another one when I got back home now that I had begun to offer my views to TA. It's obvious he didn't read what the recent mad traveler wrote. The Maple Terrace is consistently a great place to stay, with wonderful, friendly Swedish owners. The grounds are always beautiful and well-kept. The price is a better value than other nearby nice places. I am not saying any place ever pleases people 100%, but this place has pleased me and my family 100% over the last two decades. Please discount a review so obviously counter to what the rest of us describe.

• Liked — Great motel. I also like the owners
  • Disliked — I have never had a complaint the dozens of times I've stayed here.
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled solo
2 Thank berkshiredawg
Honolulu
Reviewed 6 January 2009

We stayed at this motel while visiting Williams College. We had a couple of very strange experiences (we only stayed one night!) with the man who runs this place and although he did end up apologizing and not charging us for our room I will still never return to this place.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — the way we were treated by the owner
  • Stayed November 2008
3 Thank TownGirl808
Chicago
Reviewed 20 November 2008

I stayed here just one night, but it was just as reviews had described. The rooms are set back from the main road, and there is no traffic noise at all. My room was clean, neat, and well-equipped, with refrigerator, VCR, DVD player, and usual bathroom amenities. The staff of the inn are helpful and courteous. The location is very close to Williams College, which is a main attraction in the town. Price was way less than I expected to pay almost anywhere these days, and I got way more than I would have expected even at a higher price. This is a very comfortable place if you are looking for just a room. There is an outdoor pool, but it is not available in bad weather, of course. Overall, a great value and a pleasant stay.

• Stayed November 2008, travelled solo
Maryland
Reviewed 14 November 2008

4 of us met from 3 corners of the eastern US to go hiking in the area and found this great little place to be clean, roomy, pleasant and the innkeepers were very helpful in helping us find a good movie : ) We will definitely return!

• Liked — simply a pleasant place
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with friends
1 Thank Hike-Happy-Hon
Katrineholm
Reviewed 27 July 2008

Great curb apeal, beutyful garden, excellent pool area

• Liked — The garden
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williamstown
The Williams Inn
#3 of 13 in Williamstown
Willows Motel
Willows Motel
#2 of 13 in Williamstown

Been to MAPLE TERRACE MOTEL? Share your experiences!