“Williamstown basics”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 7 June 2013

As another reviewer has said, this is where the locals go. It is not down on Spring Street, but just north of town on Rte 7 toward Bennington. Don't let a full-ish parking lot turn you away. There are lots of tables inside. We were there for lunch...a BLT and a turkey club. Basic, very tasty and inviting one to come back for more. The service was warm, friendly and efficient. Chef's Hat has a reputation for their breakfast dishes; and I look forward to returning to sample the same.

2  Thank Baysidetrips

Reviewed 16 March 2013

We saw this reviewed on Trip Advisor and offered on Restaurant.com and decided to give it a try for lunch. Breakfast is their other big meal. The place was hopping when we arrived, but managed to secured a booth. They have a large selection and very nice staff. There is even a 12 egg challenge for $16.00. If you can finish it (along with 3 pieces of Texas Toast) you can get it for free. Neither my wife and I were up for the shoot-out. My wife had the Monte Cristo sandwich, which was delicious, and I had the Boca Burger (please no snide remarks from the bleachers) which was well prepared. We may have been the only non-locals in the restaurant. Worth a visit for sure.

2  Thank MrCottage
Reviewed 14 March 2013

We stopped for breakfast before we went to the Clark Institute and enjoyed our food and speedy service. Wife had an omelet while I had eggs on their yummy homemade corn beef hash. The service was good and the coffee was flowing. Nice stop and when in the area would stop back again.

1  Thank ChicopeeJoe
Reviewed 22 September 2012

This used to be a great breakfast place but it has changed over the past few years and now it's pretty mediocre. The ingredients used are not top quality. For instance, an order of sausage links brought brown-and-serve type sausages. The bread used for rye toast seems straight from the grocery store. They also seem to use margarine instead of butter.

Service has also gotten very slow even when the place is not busy.

They still have interesting things on the breakfast menu but these shortcuts make a difference. We used to go there every other week, now maybe once a summer.

1  Thank KathieNc
Reviewed 17 September 2012

This place is great!!! I've been visiting Williamstown for 20 years, and this is a great type of diner breakfast experience. Great waitstaff, people are nice, food is ALWAYS good, and it's inexpensive. I feel "cheated" if I visit WIlliamstown and don't find time to get breakfast here.

Note: if you are a soy, tofu, or egg white or no bacon type, this probably isn't the place for you, either. No cloth napkins, lots of meat eaters, and lots of happy people here!!!!