“Very very tasty food”

Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese, Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 1 August 2014

My pad thai was some of the best I ever remember...and my two friends said their choices were very good as well. The restaurant is light and easy on the eyes, tastefully decorated. It was easy to find (and get parking for in the lot about 1-1/2 blocks down the one way road) and the price is right/reasonable. Recommend for lunch on a day out.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Ordered 75 dollars worth of food to pick up and when I went to pick it up they only gave us part of it. I called back which they answered by saying "hello" and then I told them I just picked up an order and they said "yea and?" Once I filled them in on the fact that I was missing half of the food they started apologizing up and down and asked if I was coming back to get it, which I did. Once I got there they still forgot things. The food was extremely plain and some of the meat was very dry. It was such a waste of money and such a bad experience.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

We came back to Williamstown for 8 days this year- and my wife and I were very happy to return to this restaurant. We thoroughly enjoyed our visit to Sushi Thai Garden last year and we decided to see if it would be as good a year later- Answer YES! The meal was EXCELLENT, and the value equally good....My wife thought the vegetarian dish was especially tasty- I'm more into the pad thai,--both great!

1  Thank tastesatisfied
Reviewed 6 July 2014

When Sushi Thai Garden opened (before the "Sushi" was added), the Thai food was well above average. Since then, this place has had its ups and downs. The first sushi was poor quality—but it got better. As the sushi got better, the quality of the Thai food went downhill. Then both improved, and for awhile, the quality of the sushi was above average and the Thai food was pretty good. Sadly, everything is now well along a downward slide.
Four of us ordered the sushi and sashimi boat for three along with some additional dishes. We specified very clearly—more than once— that it should not contain crab stick, were assured that would not be a problem, and got a boatload, about a third of which was built around crab stick. The sushi and sashimi fish were watery, likely having been cut in advance and left on melting ice. Seaweed wraps were soggy and difficult to chew. Rolls were of the cheapest fish and fish ends, again clearly having been made well in advance and left to sit.
Our friends say they no longer order the Thai food because it is so bad.
So what's left? The seaweed salad was good though a little too vinegary. A dragon roll was good. The service is reasonably timely. The atmosphere is pleasant.

Reviewed 20 June 2014

We really enjoy Thai Garden, and although the service is average we never encountered the problems a few other reviewers mentioned. Their food, always solid and at very fair prices wins us over.

On our last visit we shared apps and main courses. The best dishes were a spicy octopus in vinegar which was tender and very tasty. This day they had one of their specials, soft shell crab in yellow curry, that was terrific. It came with two perfectly cooked soft shell crabs over rice with carrots, peppers, onions, and egg (incorporated into the curry). Just a great dish and a very large portion as well.

The sushi is fine but more 3 star than 4, so we stick to the Thai dishes.

Overall a good stop while visiting the college, museum, or seeing a show.