“A great night out in Williamstown”

Coyote Flaco Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 48 Restaurants in Williamstown
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Williamstown, Massachusetts
“A great night out in Williamstown”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We live in Williamstown and eat out quite a lot. We had not been to Coyote Flaco in a couple of years and were looking for a reasonably priced night out. We got a lot more. The sautéed scallops with plantain and arugala salad was fabulous. The service was great. We could not have been happier.

• Visited July 2014

New York City, New York
“Disappointing despite excellent meals”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We had had excellent meals at Coyote Flaco in past years so were disappointed that the quality of the dishes and their preparation did not measure up to what we expected based on our experiences. We'll try it again and hope that our faith will be restored as this had been one of our Williamstown favorites.

• Visited July 2014
Saint Albans, Vermont
“Best Mexican Food in the Area”
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

My partner and I frequently go to Flaco when we get a craving for Mexican. They have an extensive menu of entrees, appetizers, and inexpensive side dishes that are a great compliment.

My favorite meal would be: Mexican slaw, yucca fritas, and fried ripe plantains for an appetizer. For the main course, I enjoy the Vegetarian Fajitas Coyote with an extra side of refried beans... The beans are the best!

For dessert.. The tres leches cake is wonderful.. Or another order of the fried ripe plantains.

Love this place. Best Mexican food in southern VT/northern MA!

1 Thank Ben W
Williamstown, MA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Once one of my favorite Williamstown restaurants”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Coyote Flaco proudly posts its "Zagat" rating, which I consider to be meaningless. National chain restaurants have this rating. In Williamstown we have always been met by a friendly and helpful waitstaff. Drinks seem reasonably-sized if rather pricey. The food was once great. It was once authentic, carefully prepared, not overly heavy on the cheese if a cheese dish and with reasonable portions of meat if a meat dish. That has changed. I have been receiving microwaved entrees overly heavy on cheese. Tacos are soggy and heavily leaden with unappealing sauces. They disintegrate to the touch. A dish represented as containing lobster appeared to be lightly garnished with what I took to be bits of mock lobster. I mentioned this to the owner, who offered to and did remove the entree from my bill. I paid what would have been the full bill and tipped as though on the full bill, but I would not go back. Coyote Flaco used to entertain with live music, a gentleman singing to his guitar accompaniment. It has given that up. The decor is rather sterile and uninviting. I begin to find myself in a hurry to leave. I have to trust a restaurant and I can no longer trust Coyote Flaco. There's a reason why the Coyote is flaco. It no longer eats here either.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank John and Jody G
Hoosick, New York
“I'll be back”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I've been to Coyote Flaco twice times now. The first time with an exchange student from Mexico who savored every mouthful like her mother made it then cleaned the leftovers off of everyone else's plate. Very fresh, authentic, and delicious. The second time I went was equally delicious with the added interest of a strolling guitar player. Very casual and family friendly. I'm not a margarita drinker but my fellow diners seem to enjoy them. They have a nice collection of cervezas, too. Looking for an excuse to go back again soon.

• Visited March 2014