“Varied menu”

Spice Root
Ranked #7 of 48 Restaurants in Williamstown
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We really enjoyed this restaurant on our trip to Williamstown. The space is attractive and the food is delicious. I don't like really hot food. This food was flavorful without being too hot. The wait staff was attentive. Service was efficient. I wish the restaurant was closer to home! It would be one of my go-to places.

2  Thank Cynthia S

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I usually am not a big fan of Indian food (too spicy!), but the limited choices in W'town convinced me to peruse the menu. Seemed to have some unique preparations in addition to the usual fare, so we gave it a try. Didn't disappoint. Will return on our next visit to the area

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I love that they don't hold back on the flavors at this restaurant. And if you ask for hot, expect HOT. I like the Jalfreezi and my daughter's a fan of the tikka masala and korma. The garlic-cilantro naan is also a hit. Great atmosphere and love the non-stop Bollywood on the bar t.v.

3  Thank hoosick
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Our motel owners recommended Spice Root after we asked if there was an Indian place in Williamstown and we were directed to the restaurant, where we were greeted very well and given a discount when we showed our room key. Ok, so that's good, but its all about the food. Our main courses were lamb Korma and chicken Jalfrezzi. Both done beautifully our appetizers and nan were fine and the drinks just right. Extremely attentive and friendly service. As we were finishing up we remembered that we had been there perhaps 6 or 7 years ago and enjoyed it then. Good to see the staying power.

1  Thank rkgood
Reviewed 1 May 2014

Just bad. Overpriced, poor food, definitely not authentic in any way. Avoid if you've ever had even decent Indian buffet food.

1  Thank momtipsfortraveling