The 1896 House Country Inn - Barnside Inn
Willows Motel(Williamstown)
Williamstown Motel(Williamstown)
Cozy Corner Motel(Williamstown)
View Hotel
All reviewsgas fireplacethe pubwicker furnitureliving socialbreakfast preparedjet tubprivate breakfastbabbling brookpersonal chefcomfortable couchnice place to relaxtwo night staythe check in processsitting areafour poster bedthree nightsowners and staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 August 2009

Stayed in the Country Formal Suite for 4 days, complete with fireplace, jacuzzi, and the front porch w comfy rocking chairs. The rooms is lovely, large and comfortable and filled with gracious antiques. We especially enjoyed having our cocktails (across the little flower decked bridge) down by the babbling brook. The Pub food is good, friendly and cozy. Breakfast by the glorious Dolores is elegant, complete with complimentary newspaper. Hostess Denise is a charmer. This is my second visit, my friend has been coming for 20 years. We will return soon. This is New England genuine charm at its very best. Williamstown is wonderful, of course. This Inn completes the picture.
Liz in Boston

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 May 2009

That saying is certainly appropriate as it is the feeling you will have upon leaning the Guest Suites at the 1896 House Country Inn and Motels in Williamstown, MA. The suites were beautifully appointed and extremely clean. There is a Pub on the premises that serves excellent food in a very relaxing and comfortable atmosphere; it has just the right ambience.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 May 2009

We could only stay one night and would have loved to stay longer. The surroundings are beautiful, especially the stream that runs through the property. We didn't get a chance to take advantage of the restaurant for dinner, but breakfast was good. The room (we stayed in a Barnside room) was charming and romantic with lots of nice touches. Outside of the pub is a seating area with a firepit - very cozy. The rates are very reasonable and I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 April 2009

This is a wonderful place, we stayed in one of their luxury suites (206) and it really was luxury! The breakfasts were excellent, the service was excellent, the setting is wonderful! Won't say more or we may not be able to get in again because it will be overbooked!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 April 2009

Cleanliness
Dining
Stayed On: 3/2009

My wife surprised me with an overnight stay at the 1896 House in Williamstown. We may now have the spot where we'll celebrate both of our birthdays in years to come, and maybe other events as we enjoy the area. Each of the staff we encountered were warm and hospitable. We stayed in one of their suites and it was impeccably decorated, spacious and clean. Jacuzzi tub, robes and slippers, canopy bed, fireplace...the room was a feast to look at. When we visited the pub, Becky, our waitress joined in singing "Happy Birthday" to me and was friendly and professional...and the meal was great...we understand the chef won't part with the recipe for the glazed carrots! We asked. The whole meal was very, very good. The next morning, at our breakfast prepared and served by Delores, we were treated as though she had been our private chef for years...she is instantly friendly and a talented cook. And, awaiting me on the breakfast table was a birthday card from Denise and Sue, and the staff at the 1896, and a gift of chocolates. Everything was first class. In the midst of this, I had misplaced my car keys, and Denise and Sue set about, with Delores, to make a search of the places where I might have lost them. When I did find them, (they had slipped into a bag where they didn't belong) the downside was that we had car keys to leave...we thought we could use the excuse to stay another day...or a week. Being in the hospitality business for over 30 years, I can tell you that I will be recommending the 1896 House in Williamstown to many, including family and friends that we'd like to take there. There is plenty to do in the area, too...I think a great spot for couples and families! We'll go back for sure. Check out the rates; a great value

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple