“Colonial coziness”
Review of The '6 House Pub

The '6 House Pub
Ranked #8 of 47 Restaurants in Williamstown
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Nottingham, Maryland
“Colonial coziness”
Reviewed 6 August 2013

The atmosphere is colonial and cozy in a converted milk barn. We ate lunch seated in wing chairs by a sunny window, but patio seating was also available. Service was timely and pleasant. My garden burger and my husband's regular burger were tasty and the coleslaw with apples and cranberries made a nice side dish.. Visiting at a non-busy time on a weekday, I found it to be a thoroughly enjoyable experience.

Winsted, Connecticut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great service”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

I have been to the '6 House several times and I always receive great service and an excellent meal. On my most recent visit, I had their duck noodle soup, which was tasty and filling. My waitress was very attentive and listened to my concerns about my allergies. The cocktail special was also delicious and I love the armchairs!

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Sunday Night Welcome”
Reviewed 3 August 2013

We were late arriving at the adjacent 1896 Brookside Inn so were relieved to find the '6 House still open and delighted by its extensive menu. We expected "bar food" and were pleasantly surprised by, sharing a meal size salad and pasta, both really delicious. Our server was attentive but did not rush us, even when we were the last remaining diners.

Visited July 2013
Williamstown, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“enjoyable meal”
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Our recent visit to the "6 "House was very enjoyable.We were promptly shown to a table. Our waitress was very pleasant and made us feel comfortable.After our meals were served, she checked to see if anything was needed. The meals were delicious with ample portions.We certainly would go to the"6" House again and will recommend it to our friends. Excellent food and friendly service made it a good dining experience.

1 Thank Providence123
Narragansett, Rhode Island
“Disappointing Grub”
Reviewed 1 August 2013

It may be that I ordered the wrong thing but I felt the service at this establishment as well as the food was lacking. The restaurant itself has a lot of charm and we were seated in overstuffed chairs which were very comfortable.

I ordered the steak sandwich that was "smothered" in onion, mushrooms and swiss cheese. Whoever concocted that description needs to look up the definition of "smother." A few scant onions and mushrooms is not "smothered" in my opinion and the cheese just sat on top without being melted. Also, the steak wasn't sliced and came as an unappetizing slab in the middle of the bread. It wasn't very good.

My son ordered the Linguine Alfredo and it looked like noodles in a bowl of soup, very watery. He told me it wasn't very good and it looked so unappetizing that I didn't even try it.

Because there was a lot of charm to this restaurant and because it's rated #4 on Trip Advisor (as of this writing), I'd be willing to try it again to see if maybe I just ordered the wrong thing. For the record, the fries that came with my sandwich were excellent and tasted as if they were fresh cut.

The waitress was devoid of personality and offered nothing in the way of charm or friendliness. She wasn't unfriendly, just very businesslike and it seemed like she was just going through the motions and didn't care what people thought of her.

Visited July 2013