“Great stay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Williamstown
Journey's End Lodge
Ranked #1 of 9 Williamstown B&B and Inns
Lexington, Massachusetts
“Great stay”
Reviewed 14 July 2013

We can't say enough about how great our stay was at the lodge. The place was beautiful with a great location and Carlos was a terrific host. His breakfasts were incredible also. We'll definitely come back.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank amselfam
Carlos_and_Alan, Owner at Journey's End Lodge, responded to this review, 16 July 2013
It was a genuine pleasure welcoming you to Journeys End Lodge. Yesterday, on my motorcycle, I retraced the route you two bicycled. I am very impressed - I would have had to walk most of that strip on Rte 2 over the mountain! We look forward to your return to Journeys End where we have many culinary delights for breakfast yet to discover. Best Wishes.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
victoria
Reviewed 9 July 2013 via mobile

We were delighted with our stay at Carlos' beautiful lodge. The building & decor is stunning and the rooms are comfortable & efficient, we enjoyed the Common sitting area for quiet reading at the end of the day.
Carlos is a wonderful host & FABULOUS Cook!
We highly recommend this outstanding Bed & Breakfast'

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank amusedcreations
Carlos_and_Alan, General Manager at Journey's End Lodge, responded to this review, 11 July 2013
I hope that the rest of your trip and your return to BC went well. It was a delight hosting you at Journeys End and we look forward to your return on your next trip through the Berkshires when we promise we'll treat you to other regional specialties for breakfast - maybe Ajiaco Santaferreno topped with avocado slices and capers? It's popular in Colombia. Why not try it out in Williamstown? There is one store I know in the Mount Pleasant district of Washington, D.C. where I can get the "papas criollas" (creole potatoes) that are an essential ingredient of this wonderful dish.
Lexington, Massachusetts
Reviewed 30 June 2013

Carlos readily accommodated all our needs, was congenial or retiring as our mood indicated. I loved the large deck and the smell of clean, fresh wood. Delicious food -- fried green tomatoes and fried plantains one morning! The jacuzzi in our suite was a lifesaver after a long day of hiking, and the views were gorgeous. Gravel drive is steep.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ellen251
I'm glad you enjoyed the fried green tomatoes - I brought those green tomatoes to Journeys End from the Eastern Market in Washington, D.C. I haven't found them localy - guess you have to go south for that particular item. I don't know whether I told you that the lemon-herb aioli dressing on the tomatoes included chives grown in my neighbor's garden here in Williamstown. That made an important difference. I hope that you'll return to visit us again; I'm looking forward to taking you and other guests to the Barelas Coffee House in Albuquerque and serving up red chili enchiladas, New Mexico style. That also makes a great breakfast.
Western Massachusetts
Reviewed 25 June 2013

When I was planning my visit to the Clark Art Institute and Mass MOCA, I was impressed by the images of the giant, hand hewn logs and dramtic vistas I viewed on Journeys End website. I emailed the host and was responded to the same afternoon. When I booked the room I was reassured that the lodge would accomodate dietary needs, as I have gluten issues. When we arrived, our host greeted us warmly and immediately presented options for my breakfast meal. Actually, on many levels, our host, Carlos, sought to make us feel at home, as many of the reviewers have already addressed. The common room with cathedral ceiling, provided ample seating for guests to mingle separately, yet with the quiet presence of our host, conversations floated comfortably between groups making connections that would otherwise never occured. Frankly, this is a superior B&B experience for those who seek a retreat, and a reconnection to what matters most in their lives. Absolutely remarkable!

Room Tip: No pool. No fitness center, and plenty of suggestions on how to maximize a visit to the area!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mroussi
Carlos_and_Alan, Manager at Journey's End Lodge, responded to this review, 27 June 2013
I genuinely enjoyed having you visit us at Journey's End and look forward to when you come home again. It was great sharing recipes with you and, I have got to say, your addition of greek yogurt to the rice-flour based pancake batter made for a vastly better result. Going forward when I serve this dish to other guests, I will give you credit for your genius in the kitchen.

Best Wishes,

Laramie, Wyoming, United States
Reviewed 5 June 2013

In high season, B + B's can stake down pretty inflexible boundaries around shifting itineraries, shifting rooms, bringing toddlers, etc. On our family's recent trip, we were pretty much a check list of all the above. Right off the bat Carlos and co. were incredibly amenable w/ allowing our toddler, gracious w/ our late arrival and exceptionally generous in the unsolicited offer to move us to the master suite (for the price of the smaller room we'd reserved) when Carlos saw that my wife was pregnant and that our toddler would do better managing fewer stairs.

These gestures fall right in line w/ what we know we could expect from "Journey's End" on our next visit: Cultured, humble, good humored, generous hospitality in a completely unique architectural setting for the Berkshires, offered w/ an aesthete's sense of cuisine and home design/maintenance (a note on the latter: the admittedly rugged verticality of the driveway had been badly damaged by rain a night before our arrival; Carlos had it fixed within the day---at assuredly no small cost---and we couldn't even identify where the damage had been)

All stays have their hiccoughs, and for the sake of a completely thorough review, we'll include our micro-sized one: a light fuse seemed to have blown when we tried to operate the tub's jacuzzi (which, given the general vibe of our stay, was a lighter-side moment for us--no pun intended =-)

Much has been said about the Adirondack architecture, so I'll simply give an agreeing thumbs up and my congratulations to the designers for pulling off the amazing effect of rustic isolation and unspoiled views in spite of being located not far off the main drag of town (adding that as a Rocky Mountain kid, the rugged grace of the log construction felt like home away from home!)

Great, restful time. Thoroughly recommended!

Room Tip: All rooms have their own rustic flavor; we'd gladly have taken any one of them. If, however, yo...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Pete S
Carlos_and_Alan, Manager at Journey's End Lodge, responded to this review, 8 June 2013
Pete, we genuinely enjoyed your visit to Journey's End. It's always a privilege to host a delightful family like yours and it is tremendously gratifying when a person like you, from Wyoming, gives us good marks on what we've tried to achieve with our Adirondack Great Camp Lodge in the middle of Williamstown, a small college town in the Berkshires. We look forward to your return and wish you and your wife the best and join you in welcoming your new baby to our family.

Best Wishes,

Cortlandt Manor, New York
Reviewed 4 June 2013

Stayed only one night, but plan to return. My wife, 6 year-old son, stepdaughter and stepson (and girlfriend) all stayed for another stepson's graduation from nearby Williams College.

Our host Carlos was warm, welcoming, and attentive (without being intrusive). Also very interesting (as others have commented).

The breakfast was excellent (our picky young son consented to eat the waffle).

The place is beautiful and quite amazing in its adaptation of the traditional Adirondack Lodge to computer-controlled climate system.

We'll come back for sure.

Room Tip: We stayed in a suite: large (lots of space) and spectacular tub/jacuzzi. The rooms upstairs, while...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Fred_Grevin
Carlos_and_Alan, Owner at Journey's End Lodge, responded to this review, 8 June 2013
Fred, what a delightful and interesting family yours is. We look forward to your return. It was a pleasure to talk to you about your work, my work and the problems we both face. I wish you all the best successes in your efforts.

Boston
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Spectacular architecture, warm and engaging host, great views, convenient to the town and other area attractions. I have fond memories of sitting either at the dining room table shooting the breeze with Carlos on a wide range of topics or reading in the vaulted living room area gazing out at the hills and listening to classical music. . Oh yes---and the Southwestern influenced breakfast tacos.....Wonderful place to stay.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ancienthiker
Carlos_and_Alan, Manager at Journey's End Lodge, responded to this review, 9 May 2013
Ancienthiker, thank you for your review. We look forward to your return and taking you on a culinary breakfast tour of the southern U.S. - fried green tomatoes for breakfast? With a New England touch: a hash combining sweet potato and chicken-apple maple sausage. Best Wishes.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williamstown
The Orchards Hotel
#1 of 13 in Williamstown
1896 House - Barnside Inn
1896 House - Barnside Inn
#5 of 9 in Williamstown

Been to Journey's End Lodge? Share your experiences!