“We didn't want to leave.”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Williamstown
Journey's End Lodge
Ranked #1 of 9 Williamstown B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 July 2013

This extraordinary B+B is just a couple of minutes off of Route 2, but once there, you feel like you are a hundred miles from it. Carlos, the manager/host, was awesome. He is very friendly, welcoming, interesting, and a great cook. What more could you ask for? He made for us a very healthy and nutritious breakfast which was delicious. A big plate of fruit with yogurt, mango juice, 2 big and thick waffles with blueberries sprinkled on, and real maple syrup. Also, coffee, and turkey bacon, which tasted so much like regular bacon, but with much less fat.
The views are beautiful, inside and out. If you need to "get away from it all," this place definitely fits the bill. I look forward to returning again this year. Thanks again Carlos.
Mark + Maria

Room Tip: The largest room is on the bottom, and has a Jacuzzi and a larger sitting area, but it doesn't h...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Akiral
Carlos_and_Alan, Manager at Journey's End Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2013

Mark and Maria, It was a genuine pleasure having you here at Journey's End Lodge. We look forward to when you return home for another visit and will craft a breakfast to take you to different culinary regions. I'm looking forward to a breakfast trip to New Mexico, my home state, where red chili enchiladas, posole, sopaipiallas and other SouthWestern delights are served in many fine restaurants. Thanks fo your positive comments about our Lodge and, I must say, I agree that the Mount Cobble Suite, while larger and equipped with a heated jacuzzi tub, does not have the views of the Mount Marcy suites. But, Mt. Cobble, as other guests have observed, is a fine place to come to rest following a long hike, run, or bicycle ride.

Once again, thanks for visiting us and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed 14 July 2013

We can't say enough about how great our stay was at the lodge. The place was beautiful with a great location and Carlos was a terrific host. His breakfasts were incredible also. We'll definitely come back.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank amselfam
Carlos_and_Alan, Owner at Journey's End Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2013

It was a genuine pleasure welcoming you to Journeys End Lodge. Yesterday, on my motorcycle, I retraced the route you two bicycled. I am very impressed - I would have had to walk most of that strip on Rte 2 over the mountain! We look forward to your return to Journeys End where we have many culinary delights for breakfast yet to discover. Best Wishes.

Reviewed 9 July 2013 via mobile

We were delighted with our stay at Carlos' beautiful lodge. The building & decor is stunning and the rooms are comfortable & efficient, we enjoyed the Common sitting area for quiet reading at the end of the day.
Carlos is a wonderful host & FABULOUS Cook!
We highly recommend this outstanding Bed & Breakfast'

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank amusedcreations
Carlos_and_Alan, General Manager at Journey's End Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2013

I hope that the rest of your trip and your return to BC went well. It was a delight hosting you at Journeys End and we look forward to your return on your next trip through the Berkshires when we promise we'll treat you to other regional specialties for breakfast - maybe Ajiaco Santaferreno topped with avocado slices and capers? It's popular in Colombia. Why not try it out in Williamstown? There is one store I know in the Mount Pleasant district of Washington, D.C. where I can get the "papas criollas" (creole potatoes) that are an essential ingredient of this wonderful dish.

Reviewed 30 June 2013

Carlos readily accommodated all our needs, was congenial or retiring as our mood indicated. I loved the large deck and the smell of clean, fresh wood. Delicious food -- fried green tomatoes and fried plantains one morning! The jacuzzi in our suite was a lifesaver after a long day of hiking, and the views were gorgeous. Gravel drive is steep.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ellen251

I'm glad you enjoyed the fried green tomatoes - I brought those green tomatoes to Journeys End from the Eastern Market in Washington, D.C. I haven't found them localy - guess you have to go south for that particular item. I don't know whether I told you that the lemon-herb aioli dressing on the tomatoes included chives grown in my neighbor's garden here in Williamstown. That made an important difference. I hope that you'll return to visit us again; I'm looking forward to taking you and other guests to the Barelas Coffee House in Albuquerque and serving up red chili enchiladas, New Mexico style. That also makes a great breakfast.

Reviewed 25 June 2013

When I was planning my visit to the Clark Art Institute and Mass MOCA, I was impressed by the images of the giant, hand hewn logs and dramtic vistas I viewed on Journeys End website. I emailed the host and was responded to the same afternoon. When I booked the room I was reassured that the lodge would accomodate dietary needs, as I have gluten issues. When we arrived, our host greeted us warmly and immediately presented options for my breakfast meal. Actually, on many levels, our host, Carlos, sought to make us feel at home, as many of the reviewers have already addressed. The common room with cathedral ceiling, provided ample seating for guests to mingle separately, yet with the quiet presence of our host, conversations floated comfortably between groups making connections that would otherwise never occured. Frankly, this is a superior B&B experience for those who seek a retreat, and a reconnection to what matters most in their lives. Absolutely remarkable!

Room Tip: No pool. No fitness center, and plenty of suggestions on how to maximize a visit to the area!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mroussi
Carlos_and_Alan, Manager at Journey's End Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2013

I genuinely enjoyed having you visit us at Journey's End and look forward to when you come home again. It was great sharing recipes with you and, I have got to say, your addition of greek yogurt to the rice-flour based pancake batter made for a vastly better result. Going forward when I serve this dish to other guests, I will give you credit for your genius in the kitchen.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 5 June 2013

In high season, B + B's can stake down pretty inflexible boundaries around shifting itineraries, shifting rooms, bringing toddlers, etc. On our family's recent trip, we were pretty much a check list of all the above. Right off the bat Carlos and co. were incredibly amenable w/ allowing our toddler, gracious w/ our late arrival and exceptionally generous in the unsolicited offer to move us to the master suite (for the price of the smaller room we'd reserved) when Carlos saw that my wife was pregnant and that our toddler would do better managing fewer stairs.

These gestures fall right in line w/ what we know we could expect from "Journey's End" on our next visit: Cultured, humble, good humored, generous hospitality in a completely unique architectural setting for the Berkshires, offered w/ an aesthete's sense of cuisine and home design/maintenance (a note on the latter: the admittedly rugged verticality of the driveway had been badly damaged by rain a night before our arrival; Carlos had it fixed within the day---at assuredly no small cost---and we couldn't even identify where the damage had been)

All stays have their hiccoughs, and for the sake of a completely thorough review, we'll include our micro-sized one: a light fuse seemed to have blown when we tried to operate the tub's jacuzzi (which, given the general vibe of our stay, was a lighter-side moment for us--no pun intended =-)

Much has been said about the Adirondack architecture, so I'll simply give an agreeing thumbs up and my congratulations to the designers for pulling off the amazing effect of rustic isolation and unspoiled views in spite of being located not far off the main drag of town (adding that as a Rocky Mountain kid, the rugged grace of the log construction felt like home away from home!)

Great, restful time. Thoroughly recommended!

Room Tip: All rooms have their own rustic flavor; we'd gladly have taken any one of them. If, however, yo...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Pete S
Carlos_and_Alan, Manager at Journey's End Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2013

Pete, we genuinely enjoyed your visit to Journey's End. It's always a privilege to host a delightful family like yours and it is tremendously gratifying when a person like you, from Wyoming, gives us good marks on what we've tried to achieve with our Adirondack Great Camp Lodge in the middle of Williamstown, a small college town in the Berkshires. We look forward to your return and wish you and your wife the best and join you in welcoming your new baby to our family.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 4 June 2013

Stayed only one night, but plan to return. My wife, 6 year-old son, stepdaughter and stepson (and girlfriend) all stayed for another stepson's graduation from nearby Williams College.

Our host Carlos was warm, welcoming, and attentive (without being intrusive). Also very interesting (as others have commented).

The breakfast was excellent (our picky young son consented to eat the waffle).

The place is beautiful and quite amazing in its adaptation of the traditional Adirondack Lodge to computer-controlled climate system.

We'll come back for sure.

Room Tip: We stayed in a suite: large (lots of space) and spectacular tub/jacuzzi. The rooms upstairs, while...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Fred_Grevin
Carlos_and_Alan, Owner at Journey's End Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2013

Fred, what a delightful and interesting family yours is. We look forward to your return. It was a pleasure to talk to you about your work, my work and the problems we both face. I wish you all the best successes in your efforts.

Carlos

Also consider these accommodations in or near Williamstown
The Williams Inn
#7 of 9 in Williamstown
Berkshire Hills Country Inn
Berkshire Hills Country Inn
#4 of 13 in Williamstown

Been to Journey's End Lodge? Share your experiences!