“Lovely stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Journey's End Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Williamstown
Journey's End Lodge
Ranked #1 of 9 Williamstown B&B and Inns
Chevy Chase, Maryland
“Lovely stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2013

My wife and I had a wonderful stay at Journey's End. It is a beautiful, newly constructed log cabin house. It is in a quiet setting, well away from the noisy streets or downtown Williamstown. Best of all though was the warmth and charm of Carlos, the co-owner/host of the lodge. Carlos is very engaging and informative about things to do and places to eat in the area. He is an excellent cook, serving a marvelous breakfast. We highly recommend this as a great place to stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mark P
mtsummit, Manager at Journey's End Lodge, responded to this review, 14 August 2013
Thank you very much for your complimentary review and recommending Journey's End as a place to stay. We enjoyed your visit and look forward to your return home. Best Wishes.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013

Beautiful lodge, central location. More importantly, Carlos the owner/host is the most gracious hospitable person around. Very friendly, very accommodating and a fabulous cook to top it off with a never ending supply of french press coffee that is the best I have ever have. Delicious breakfasts and he makes you feel like you have known him forever. Rooms are beautiful and again, the lodge is stunning. Truly a special place and we will definitely go back...

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ImaTravelEater
Carlos_and_Alan, Manager at Journey's End Lodge, responded to this review, 8 August 2013
Thank you very much for your review. We look forward to your return to Journey's End where you will always be at home, have French press coffee (imported from Central America, by the way), and the latest breakfast menu I've developed. I'll be traveling to South America this month, Uruguay, where I hope to find some new dishes that I can share with you.
Bronx, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our two nights at the Jouneys End Lodge. Our accommodations were first rate. The picturesque Lodge is a long way fom "roughing it" with such spaciousness and unique Adirondack-style decor. Carlos is a fabulous host and a gourmet chef. We have found the perfect setting for our annual pilgrimage to the Williamstown Theater Festival.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank T G
Carlos_and_Alan, Manager at Journey's End Lodge, responded to this review, 6 August 2013
We enjoyed your visit and meeting with both of you. It was great to sit at Breakfast and trade stories, discuss productions we'd seen at the local Williamstown Theatre Festival as well as in Pittsfield. On your recommendation, I'll be going to Pittsfield to night to enjoy the theatre production you both recommended. We look forward to your return to Williamstown and Journey's End Lodge. Do let us know what we can do on your return to make your stay here as completely comfortable as you would like.
Best Wishes. Carlos
Northampton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Journey's End last weekend for our first anniversary. We loved it! Carlos is an excellent host, the breakfasts were fantastic, there was plenty of strong coffee (a real plus for me and hard to find at many hotels and b&bs), the lodge itself is beautiful, and the room was quiet and comfortable. Carlos was also very understanding and accommodating of our dietary needs (no wheat) which was much appreciated. I especially loved the chilaquiles; I've heard lots about this dish but never had the opportunity to try it before and it was delicious. Every time we came in the whole place smelled great from Carlos' cooking.

We stayed in the Cobble Suite, which was huge and comfortable and quiet. Since it was the middle of a heat wave, we did not try out the jacuzzi, but it looked nice. The bed was comfortable. The one addition I would make to the room would be the addition of sheer curtains under the blackout curtains--since we were on the ground floor, we needed to keep the shades drawn at night for privacy, but would have liked to have lighter curtains as well to let in the morning light since we like to get up early (I know many people prefer blackout curtains to help sleep late, so I do understand why those are used instead). Free wireless is included and it actually works. The common areas are comfortable and inviting.

The location is convenient; just off Route 2, and short drives from downtown Williamstown, Mass MOCA, and the Clark. It's up on a hill so there are lovely views. There were also several good restaurants within about 10 minutes' drive. It did not seem to be walkable to much, but I don't think any hotels in the area are! Carlos had great recommendations for places to eat in the area so asking his advice is recommended.

Overall, a fantastic place to stay. We've already recommended it to my in-laws for their upcoming trip and will definitely stay again if we go back to the Berkshires.

2 Thank S T
Thank you very much for your review and the very helpful comments it contains. Honestly, it hadn't occurred to me to put sheer curtains under the black-out curtains. I think that's an excellent idea which I will implement as soon as possible. We look forward to your return to Journey's End and continuing our culinary saga. I'm going to Uruguay later this month and hope to return to Williamstown with ideas and recipes for different breakfast dishes. Similarly, I look forward to meeting your in-laws when they travel to the Berkshires and hope someday you'll return wtih your family in tow and make yourselves at home. Best Wishes, Carlos
Dalton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013

This extraordinary B+B is just a couple of minutes off of Route 2, but once there, you feel like you are a hundred miles from it. Carlos, the manager/host, was awesome. He is very friendly, welcoming, interesting, and a great cook. What more could you ask for? He made for us a very healthy and nutritious breakfast which was delicious. A big plate of fruit with yogurt, mango juice, 2 big and thick waffles with blueberries sprinkled on, and real maple syrup. Also, coffee, and turkey bacon, which tasted so much like regular bacon, but with much less fat.
The views are beautiful, inside and out. If you need to "get away from it all," this place definitely fits the bill. I look forward to returning again this year. Thanks again Carlos.
Mark + Maria

Room Tip: The largest room is on the bottom, and has a Jacuzzi and a larger sitting area, but it doesn't h...
1 Thank Akiral
Carlos_and_Alan, Manager at Journey's End Lodge, responded to this review, 20 July 2013
Mark and Maria, It was a genuine pleasure having you here at Journey's End Lodge. We look forward to when you return home for another visit and will craft a breakfast to take you to different culinary regions. I'm looking forward to a breakfast trip to New Mexico, my home state, where red chili enchiladas, posole, sopaipiallas and other SouthWestern delights are served in many fine restaurants. Thanks fo your positive comments about our Lodge and, I must say, I agree that the Mount Cobble Suite, while larger and equipped with a heated jacuzzi tub, does not have the views of the Mount Marcy suites. But, Mt. Cobble, as other guests have observed, is a fine place to come to rest following a long hike, run, or bicycle ride.

Once again, thanks for visiting us and we look forward to your return.
Lexington, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2013

We can't say enough about how great our stay was at the lodge. The place was beautiful with a great location and Carlos was a terrific host. His breakfasts were incredible also. We'll definitely come back.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank amselfam
Carlos_and_Alan, Owner at Journey's End Lodge, responded to this review, 16 July 2013
It was a genuine pleasure welcoming you to Journeys End Lodge. Yesterday, on my motorcycle, I retraced the route you two bicycled. I am very impressed - I would have had to walk most of that strip on Rte 2 over the mountain! We look forward to your return to Journeys End where we have many culinary delights for breakfast yet to discover. Best Wishes.
victoria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2013 via mobile

We were delighted with our stay at Carlos' beautiful lodge. The building & decor is stunning and the rooms are comfortable & efficient, we enjoyed the Common sitting area for quiet reading at the end of the day.
Carlos is a wonderful host & FABULOUS Cook!
We highly recommend this outstanding Bed & Breakfast'

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank amusedcreations
Carlos_and_Alan, General Manager at Journey's End Lodge, responded to this review, 11 July 2013
I hope that the rest of your trip and your return to BC went well. It was a delight hosting you at Journeys End and we look forward to your return on your next trip through the Berkshires when we promise we'll treat you to other regional specialties for breakfast - maybe Ajiaco Santaferreno topped with avocado slices and capers? It's popular in Colombia. Why not try it out in Williamstown? There is one store I know in the Mount Pleasant district of Washington, D.C. where I can get the "papas criollas" (creole potatoes) that are an essential ingredient of this wonderful dish.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Williamstown
The Orchards Hotel
#1 of 13 in Williamstown
1896 House - Barnside Inn
1896 House - Barnside Inn
#5 of 9 in Williamstown

Been to Journey's End Lodge? Share your experiences!