“Close to Boston, but needs updating”

Lake Dennison State Recreation Area
Reviewed 8 July 2012

The lake setting and proximity to Boston (~1 hour) is responsible for all of the stars, really. The place is a bit crowded and the toilets/showers could use updating.

There are newer reviews for Lake Dennison State Recreation Area

Reviewed 7 July 2012

My family of four camped here for two nights in tents. Very reasonable rates ($12/night). The campground was clean, the lake was beautiful, and the other campers were very quiet and considerate. There are two sections to this campground - one along Route 202 and the other located around the lake further into the woods. Because we reserved our campsite a few days before camping, we were left with few choices. Unfortunately, our campsite was located only about 25 yards from Route 202 - a very noisy road with cars passing at all hours of the night. Needless, to say we did not get much sleep. When reserving your campsite, make sure you are not next to the road, unless you like the feeling of camping on a median strip. The only other negative was the bath houses. They are very dated with only one shower in each building. However, they are kept clean and the water was very hot.

2  Thank Karen T
Reviewed 20 July 2011

Last weekend I visited Lake Dennison State park. I went with my children on a hot day. First stop was the beach which was larger than I expected. The water was crystal clear, clean, and very refreshing on a hot day. I highly recommend the beach area.

We also walked a bit on the various trails. We didn't stay at the campground but we drove through and the camp sites are all located close to the lake and there were mostly tents - very few RV's which we like. I certainly plan on camping here soon.

Great park for a day trip and I plan to test out the camping soon.

2  Thank Christopher C