“Get the Steak Tips”

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Boston, MA
“Get the Steak Tips”
Reviewed 28 June 2012

Gloria's is a small, unassuming pizzeria about halfway between Winchester and Woburn. Their sandwiches are good, though I have to give D'Agostino's in Winchester Center the win when it comes to subs.

The pizza here is very good. You can get pretty much anything on it, even things that aren't on the menu. As long as it's something they serve, they'll happily put it on a pizza for you. I brought a couple of pizzas home to Cambridge after hiking in the Fells (one BLT pizza, and one with steak tips), and my housemates devoured them.

The service is excellent. Even on a busy day, when I could tell that all the staff were tired, the hostess still managed to greet new customers with a friendly smile. And as I mentioned previously, they'll do custom orders without blinking.

What makes them really shine, however, is their steak tips. I have no idea how they manage to serve such amazing tips for less than I'd pay to buy them in the supermarket and cook them myself. Try them on a pizza, even.

I'll give one warning, though--Gloria's isn't Domino's. Nearly everything is made to order, so it can take time. But as I like to say, good food is always worth a wait.

• Visited June 2012

Boston, Massachusetts
“Good pizza”
Reviewed 17 January 2012

Gloridas has good pizza, but the subs are what I like best.

Visited December 2011