“Nice Hotel”

Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in Woburn
Hoboken, New Jersey
“Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

We were visiting the Boston area for colleges. We decided at the last minute to go 1 day earlier (we had a hotel in Boston for our stay) and stayed at this hotel. The place was clean, decent location with a supermarket across the road. The room was a little small, but it served it purpose. It was clean and safe, the staff was very nice. It was 11 miles to downtown Boston an easy ride.

Stayed August 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Woburn, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
We would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. We were pleased to see that you enjoyed our convenient location and your clean room.

Thank you again for your review. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to the area.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Sunbury, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

Everything was fine until we decided to go to bed, we moved an extra pillow and under the pillow saw it was stained with dried blood or fecal matter- no idea what it was. My husband took it to the front desk right away and their response was to hand us a clean pillow, tell us they were out of pillow cases and gave us a sheet to wrap the new pillow in. No offer to move us to a new room, no offer to have housekeeping strip the bed, nothing. They said they could do nothing as we booked online via expedia and expedia said I had to work with the hotel. Expedia called the hotel for me that night and left a number with the front desk girl for the manager to call them back at (Cindy came in at 11p?). Turns out Cindy never called them back and when I called Cindy from my room in the AM she said "I am not sure what you want, I gave you a pillow to use". I was disgusted and appalled- I mean really? Blood or fecal matter is OK so long as I have a new pillow? This stuff never transfers to a sheet? Expedia finally got Cindy on the phone who begrudgingly gave 10.00 to expedia to give me for the trouble. I am certain the State Department of Health would be thrilled to hear about this- maybe then Cindy will feel differently about a pillow stained with bodily fluids/substances. Disgusting!!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Woburn, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. The cleanliness issue you described is unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. I would also like to apologize for my staff's poor response to this situation. As this hotel's manager, I can assure you I will be reviewing both cleanliness standards and customer service expectations with my team to ensure your experience is not repeated. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at BWO@extendedstay.com. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

We stayed in this hotel for two nights and it was literally a s*** experience. After having entered the room, we found someone's droppings in the toilet bowl, together with the used paper. We flushed, and then I found some brownish stuff smeared on the bathroom cabinet... I went over to the girl at the front desk to inform her of my findings. She was shocked of course, and did not know what to do, said that she was all alone. I felt sorry for her, asked if she had a cleaning detergent, that I would deal with it myself. She fetched me a laundry anti-stain spray, and said it was the only product she could find. Then she urged me to bring it back immediately after usage. Did I look like a cleaning product thief maybe? But okay, I was tired from the travel and just wanted to go back to the room, clean the mess (the whole toilet bowl was dirty) and then have a simple, belated dinner. However, during dinner, about ten minutes after I had picked up the laundry spray, we got a phone call from the front desk: did we still have the product and could we bring it back maybe? I was not happy with this treatment, felt that we needed compensation for the gaffe instead of mistrust. But we let it go.
Apart from this unique experience, we were not impressed with this hotel. The clientele was noisy (long-term residents), the furniture old, the room dark, the kitchen equipment less than the minimum: no sponge, no dishwasher liquid, no bowls, one small kitchen towel, two pans, three blunt knives.... it was all so stingy. The whole hotel breathed stinginess.
At the end of our stay, when I went to pay the bill, I was curious to know what the girl at the desk would do (another girl this time), present me the bill as is, or give me a discount for the serious complaint we had had. Guess?
The answer is easy when in the house of a tightwad: we got the full bill, no discount, no excuses, no alternatives, nothing. $160 for a night, not cheap at all for such a cheap hotel! I warned the girl that we had had a serious complaint, that we had experienced something in her hotel that we had never done before, yet she looked so sheepish that it was clear she had no clue of what to do, which only added to the dreadful experience. For not only is this hotel understaffed, but the staff that is present, is inadequate and unprofessional.
Don't go here. When in the area and in need of a room with a kitchenette, go to another hotel in the area of which I have also written a review.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Flying_Dutchw0man
Wilton, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

As long an you enter a three star property you'll rarely go wrong with your result. We'd spent three nights in Norton and had a very good experience and we both felt this five night stay was even better. The room size was quite comfortable, I believe it was larger than the Norton property. We had all the kitchen equipment necessary to make all our meals. We make our own breakfasts, that's the beauty of the unit, we aren't working so we don't need to rush out with a muffin and coffee. To contradict the prior review, we had no problem with our Wi-Fi. We did not opt for faster service and it worked just fine. This was a great place to take in Concord and Lexington for a couple of days then three days in Boston. Great stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Woburn, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed our spacious suites with fully equipped kitchens at a great value. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!
Woburn, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

First of all, there is not enough kitchen supplies. No bowls at all. Second, tv has practically no channels. Breakfast bar is great, FOR MICE. It is tiny, almost no room. The sofa pull out was great as a couch, but as a bed, don't get me started. Sheets were a mess and it was not comfortable at all. I broke off my toenail attempting to get it out. The whole place smelt like smoke, disgusting. The room was tiny and had little, if any space to move. And they say free wifi? Please... . U type in the passcode, then have to lo in with all this stuff, just to find out it cost 4$. No thank you. Not recommended.

• Stayed April 2014
3 Thank Travelerxy4
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Woburn, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
The feedback provided in your review is much appreciated. I am sorry that our grab-and-go breakfast did not meet your expectations. As well, I apologize that you were not pleased with the condition of your room. I will be meeting with our staff to ensure these issues are not repeated in the future. Please know that our basic Wi-Fi service is 100% complimentary and provides up to a 512kbps download speed. We do offer an upgraded service which provides faster service for a small fee for those that require it for high bandwidth usage such as streaming movies and online gaming. I apologize if you felt that you were required to get the upgraded service. I hope that you will contact me directly, at bwo@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

Bed was very comfortable. We were glad to have a cooktop and nearby supermarket to save on restaurant meals. We even grilled steaks outside in the snow! The gas grill was an added plus!
Grab n go breakfast was adequate - coffee, tea, fruit, muffins, protein bars.
Staff was awesome!!! Friendly and helpful, especially Roxanne.
Linens, furnishings, kitchen supplies are very basic but met our needs.
Washer/dryer just off exercise room was great and reasonably priced! We booked an incredible deal and would stay again, especially if we could get the same rate!

• Stayed February 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Woburn, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I am proud of our team for providing you with a comfortable stay. I will pass your kind words along to Roxanne and the rest of the staff. As well, I am glad that you enjoyed having a kitchen in your room and having a gas grill on the property to use as needed. These are definitely great ways to save money on dining out.

Columbus, WI
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice, both times for 6 nights. The front desk staff is always professional. Check-in and check-out go smoothly. The hotel was completely updated in early 2013. The rooms are suites, with defined sleeping area, livingroom, and kitchen area with full size fridge, microwave and cooktop. The hotel was mostly full, but it was always quiet. The rooms were clean, but if you stay less than 7 days, maid service is only available once. Fresh towels are available at the front desk. A quick breakfast with coffee, muffins, and granola bars is offered. Also on site is an outdoor pool and workout room. There are several restaurants and a grocery store with-in walking distance. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank cdw1982
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Boston - Woburn, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the cleanliness of our hotel. It is something we take great pride in. I will pass along your kind comments to the entire staff.

Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future
Also consider these accommodations in or near Woburn
Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Woburn
Fairfield Inn Boston Woburn/Burlington
Crowne Plaza Boston Woburn
Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Woburn
Holiday Inn Express Boston North-Woburn
Candlewood Suites Boston-Burlington

Been to Extended Stay America - Boston - Woburn? Share your experiences!