“Extremely friendly staff and comfortable spacious rooms.”

Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Woburn
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Woburn
Milton, Vermont
“Extremely friendly staff and comfortable spacious rooms.”
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We ALWAYS stay at the Red Roof Inn in Woburn and we have NEVER been disappointed. Allyse is a beautiful young lady and is so warm and friendly. I think she has ESP too. Meeka takes such good care of us for breakfast and Maryna is ALWAYS smiling and very helpful with checkin and suggestions while staying at the hotel. Yesterday we were met by Allyse and asked if we could possibly upgrade and she had JUST DONE IT 10 minutes before!!!!! We told her we will be back on June 14th with another couple and if at all possible could we have adjoining rooms with a larger space and also mentioned it will be our 40th Anniversary on June 15th. Not 10 minutes after getting to our room, Ally called us and said Mike (the manager at this hotel) has authorized an upgrade FOR FREE and we have adjoining rooms.This Hotel is like HOME. It is a 5 minute commute to the commuter rail and it has SEVERAL excellent places to eat, and is easy on and off the highway. Thanks Mike, Ally, Meeka, Maryna and Claudia too for making sure our room is ALWAYS ready no matter when we arrive.

Room Tip: I like the 1st floor but have stayed on all floors and all are wonderfully quiet.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Mike C, Front Office Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Woburn, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear HockeyNanna,

I want to first thank you for writing a review. We love to hear about experiences like yours. I am glad to hear about how great the staff is. Everyone here is focused on providing amazing customer service. Allyse, Meeka, Mariya are all wonderful staff members and I am happy to be working with them. Congratulations on your 40th anniversary and we look forward to having you stay with us again!

Front Office Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I reported to the front desk this morning that the heat pump in my room would not adjust via the thermostat and ran very hot all night until I turned it off. Within a matter of a couple of hours, the maintenance staff reported to my room, inspected the unit, and inquired if he could take time to replace it with a new one. I agreed. Ed Salvato was most efficient and professional and had the problem corrected in less than an hour. Being a former hotel manager and regional manager, I readily respected excellent service and technical ability. Thanks to Ed.

George W. Ball, CHA
Denver, CO

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank George B
Mike C, Front Office Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Woburn, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear George B,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience at our hotel. I am sorry that the AC unit was not working. I am glad that we were able to efficiently take care of and replace the AC unit for you. Ed is a valued employee and we appreciate him greatly. I will pass along your comments and let the staff know.
Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you during your next stay.

Hickory, North Carolina
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We were so pleasantly surprised when we arrived at this Red Roof Inn. It far exceeded our expectations. The room was really large and clean, the beds very comfortable, and linens crisp and smooth. The TVs were new and Wifi worked well. The staff was friendly, and the location is right next to a strip mall with a grocery store and TJ Maxx. Our only complaint is the breakfast area which is cramped with very few tables, so you have to wait in line to get your continental breakfast - coffee is instant, which is not okay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Mike C, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Woburn, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Sue B,

Thanks for staying with us, we are thrilled you enjoyed your stay! I really appreciate all of the nice comments about the room, staff and location and glad you were pleasantly surprised upon arrival! We did complete a major renovation and have upgraded to Red Roof Plus+ which offers premium room types with welcome snacks, even larger TVs, and more. I hope next time you are able to try out a Premium Room and sign up for RediCard Rewards to earn points towards free stays, bottled water at check in, and other perks! I understand the breakfast area can get crowded, we are trying our best to make the most of what we have and recently added more counter space and shelves, an extra table, and doubled up on the food items so it can be grabbed from different areas so everyone isn't stuck in one spot. We do hope that if you return to the area you stay with us again.

Red Roof Plus+ Boston - Woburn
New England
Reviewed 26 May 2014

What I liked: The room was beautiful. The front desk person was friendly. Free breakfast. What I didn't like: The bed was a little too firm for me. A busy road was right outside my window and starting around 5:30 AM, cars and large trucks were driving by. Very loud. Woke me up which was unfortunate because someone checked in very late and walked back and forth in their room, opening and banging cabinets until about 3 AM. The hotel could use a little extra sound proofing. There was no shampoo in the room. You had to ask for it at the front desk. There was no "Do Not Disturb" sign for the door. The food area was a mess, food and trash on the floor and dirty cups and dishes on the table. Not enough tables and because of the dirty dishes, you couldn't tell if they were taken or not. I did see someone come and fill coffee pots, but in all the time I was there, they never cleaned tables and it was clear that they hadn't all morning. Breakfast was decent: hard boiled eggs, oatmeal, toast, waffles, juice, apples, oranges, yogurt, coffee. If you are a decaf drinker, brew it in your room because they only have instant in the breakfast area. Like I said in the title of my review, I really wanted to like this place. It was clear they put a lot of work into the building recently. I notice in previous reviews that some of the points I made have been made before. Hopefully, the hotel will catch on, make some more changes, and bring things up a notch.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side away from the main road.
1 Thank blairbuys
Mike C, Front Office Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Woburn, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear Blairbuys,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad to hear that the room was beautiful and that the staff was friendly. We did go through a recent renovation and made some upgrades. I am sorry to hear about the noise issues that you had experienced with us, we do our best to resolve any issues immediately upon notification. If at any time you bring any issue to the front desk, we will do our best to resolve them immediately. I apologize for your experience with breakfast, we are working on new ideas to improve it. Thank you again for leaving this review and I hope that the next time you are in the area, you will give us another try and see the improvements that we have made.

Seattle
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We stayed here for two nights, May 5th and 6th. I was a little concerned by the mixed reviews and fact that I've never stayed at a Red Roof Inn. However, price, location, and the mention of renovated rooms led me to choose it as our base for exploring the Boston area.

We were pleasantly surprised. We'd paid a few dollars extra for the Superior King Room with extra space. While checking in we asked for a quiet location and were given room 534, which is the top floor, far rear corner. It was both quiet and huge. The accompanying photo gives an idea of the size of the room. It had a wood floor except in the carpeted king bed area. We joked that dance classes could be held in it. The furniture was contemporary, the mattress was great, and the bathroom had been redone (full bath with shower). The room included a safe, microwave, small refrigerator, coffee maker, and wall-mounted flat screen TV. It was quite clean as well. For the price (around $100 a night before taxes) it was amazing, particularly considering what other hotels in the area were asking.

The hotel has a large indoor pool (no hot tub) and a relatively small breakfast area. Others have cited the poor breakfast. They must have expanded it, because both mornings we had a choice of waffles, oatmeal, toast, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, fruit, fruit juice, coffee and tea. The only thing lacking compared to the typical chain hotel breakfast was cold cereal. There was an attendant who made sure that things stayed stocked. The only negative was that the seating is rather limited for the hotel's size.

There's a fun Mexican restaurant next door called On the Border. We ate there our first night. It was Cinco de Mayo, so the place was jammed. The most expensive dinner was $12 and was more than we could eat. Unlimited chips and salsa are included. There's a small mall across the street with a grocery store and other restaurant choices.

Getting to downtown is easy. Walk (there's a sidewalk) or drive about a mile north to Target and turn left at the second light. In a few hundred feet you arrive at the train station, which has day parking for $4. Round trip train fare downtown is $12. Trains run roughly every half hour to hour, depending on time of day. The hotel is just off the I-95 Woburn exit, so it's also easy to reach other places such as Concord, Lexington, or Salem.

Compliments also to the front desk. I'm sorry I didn't get her name, because the young woman who assisted us on two occasions was very helpful. What she couldn't find on the tourist info rack near the entry she found on the internet and printed for us. She did a concierge's duties as well as her own.

The Red Roof Inn is not "Excellent" in the five-star hotel sense, but excellent in what they are providing relative to their rates. Hotels around Boston are expensive. I don't know how the Red Roof Inn is able to charge what they do and still provide good service and a high level of comfort. Keep it up!

Room Tip: Back side is the quiet side.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Mike C, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Woburn, responded to this review, 11 May 2014
Dear MarkSSeattle,

Thanks for staying with us and for taking the time to leave such a thorough review! I appreciate the photo as potential visitors can see how large the Spacious Superior Kings are and for only a few dollars more than our Superior King it is almost double in size. As mentioned, all Superior, Deluxe, and Premium room have fridges and microwaves as well as coffee makers. And, all of the rooms have the same new boutique style design with the wood-like flooring with area carpets around the beds, new paint, furniture, Serta Rest Suite mattresses, spa inspired bathrooms and large wall mounted flat screen TVs. I am glad you were pleased with the breakfast selection, and we are currently going through some menu changes and doing our best to make use of all the space we have. I am also thrilled to hear the service you received at the Front Desk and will be sure to share the positive comments with them. As you said, we offer a clean and economical option for visiting Boston without the high city costs and are close to public transportation and great shopping and restaurants. Thanks so much for all the kind words and we all hope that if you return to Boston you stay with us again.

North Reading, Massachusetts
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Great price, convenient to major routes, stores and restaurants. But.....Not for the light sleeper, trucks throughout the night were very loud. First room had stained sheets!!! Floor in breakfast area was very sticky. Breakfast was toast or oatmeal for the 4 days we were here, no variety or choice. Orange juice was broken for most of the time. However, the staff was friendly and quick to fix things once you brought them to their attention.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Mike C, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Woburn, responded to this review, 4 May 2014
Dear D G,

Thanks for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience. I am glad to read we were able to offer you a great value, great location, and the staff was friendly and quick to resolve any issues. I greatly appreciate those positive comments and will share them with the staff. I do want to apologize for the issues that were not so positive that you encountered during your stay with us and want you to know I will be investigating the cause for these immediately so I can take the proper corrective actions. We have many new team members here and I will use these comments as a training tool to help them improve on the quality and service we offer. I do hope you come back to see the improvements we make based on your feedback.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

Soft springy old mattress with hair on the sheet in one bed and bloodstains on the sheet in the other bed. If that isn't enough the TV doesn't work and they leave one towel for two adults. Renovated? I think not. Truly disgusting! And...they had the nerve to raise their rates up measurably...

Stayed April 2014
2 Thank ringo8553
Mike C, General Manager at Red Roof PLUS+ Boston - Woburn, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear ringo8553,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to write this review. I am so sorry that you had an unpleasant experience and can assure you this is not a normal or reoccurring issue here. We do have a Hassle Free Guarantee and if you had brought this to the attention of the Front Desk, you would not have paid for the night. I can assure you immediate corrective actions will be taken and I hope you give us the opportunity to win you back as a guest with us. I would honor the chance to discuss this with you personally and hope to show you that though we are human and make mistakes, this is extremely unheard of here and will not be tolerated by me and I am dedicated to resolving the issue. If you do get a chance, please contact me so I can get more information about your stay and personally follow up with your specific issues so that I can pinpoint the problem to insure it does not happen again. I am truly sorry and very grateful for this feedback, I will review this with my clean team and hold them accountable for delivery excellence daily. I do hope you give me one more opportunity to show you this isn't what we offer here, and I believe you will be delighted with the outcome.

Woburn, MA 01801

Travellers are raving about these Woburn hotels